Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, we're getting our freak-out on right now... but hell will have no fury like the Grudenites, when they realize in the end, that actually... he never was coming, and they did look ridiculous.

Party on gents... party on.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think losing Strong is anyone on UTs sides fault.. we made him a very nice offer that maximized his worth and UL countered with a ridiculous offer that Strong made the decision to accept. Its true that UT shouldn't hire coaches with NCAA issues. Academic changes are currently happening to even the playing field. Dave Hart made Strong feel as comfortable as possible.

Players tweeting this scares the hell out of me:

@CozyPosey67: I grew up watching Phil Fulmer coach the Vols. I think it'd be awesome to be able to play for him. #BringBackPhil

Please god no, almost anything but that. Not what we need right now at all. Grab Butch Davis if you have to. Just not this.

That is scary. There are multiple reasons Fulmer is not the answer. His lack of recruiting is a big part of the reason we ended up in the mess we are in. Without Cut as OC he was never the same. There is a reason he is still unemployed (yes, partly because of his bonus but if anyone wanted him we would have heard about it.) His name is not being mentioned anywhere else. This would be a total disaster scenario.

If you have read what Skeeter posted, I don't think this was all Hart's fault. I believe you can lay a lot of this at Cheek's feet.

Every now and then I get some direct info from a AD high ranking member. Tonight that happened.

I was told that strong asked countless questions about the cheek/academic issues and that every coach in this search is very sceptical of our situation. It was also conceded that while we had taken proper steps to fix these issues it's too late to effect this hire in any way but negatively. Tough info to hear.

I don't think losing Strong is anyone on UTs sides fault.. we made him a very nice offer that maximized his worth and UL countered with a ridiculous offer that Strong made the decision to accept. Its true that UT shouldn't hire coaches with NCAA issues. Academic changes are currently happening to even the playing field. Dave Hart made Strong feel as comfortable as possible.

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that this is a mess right now.

Every now and then I get some direct info from a AD high ranking member. Tonight that happened.

I was told that strong asked countless questions about the cheek/academic issues and that every coach in this search is very sceptical of our situation. It was also conceded that while we had taken proper steps to fix these issues it's too late to effect this hire in any way but negatively. Tough info to hear.

wow.just wow.

I knew Dave Hart was a clown. Cheek too. They, along with Hamilton have made the Tennessee Head Football Coach the most undesirable job in America. Great job!

Man this guy babyvol is a riot. He seriously has convinced himself its still on with Gruden. Now he's taking the news that south Pittsburgh coach is stepping down so he can work for Gruden lol.

Gruden wants a HS coach to be on his staff at UT? Mmmmmmm k.

That's what I said and all they could counter with was he has connections. Last time I checked he coaches neither Ramsey, Bell, Wilkins, Carr, Herron, or Elder.

But the real kicker is, that his "resignation" to become the assistant principle/softball coach, is the catalyst to the Gruden theory and Gruden was waiting on this HS coach to resign so they could resume talks...........

And this guy is suppose to be the LIASON to Highschool recruiting. WTF. This board has gone mad.

Man this guy babyvol is a riot. He seriously has convinced himself its still on with Gruden. Now he's taking the news that south Pittsburgh coach is stepping down so he can work for Gruden lol.

he is getting SCOUT subs as we speak, the real smokescreen is the way to spin this to get people to buy into the false info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back