Recruiting Football Talk VII

Delta dust with a bulb applicator.
Listen to this man
Huge European hornets nest in crawlspace once
Saw it and a Godly fear crept over my soul
Retreated and closed cs door
Went around house blasting delta dust in every crawlspace vent
True deadly situation requires breaking out the big guns

I was a... let's say... rambunctious kid and my dad exercised correction by means of spanking: just the hand for run of the mill in the moment whacks, escalating through switches and the belt for more serious offenses, and all the way up to a couple school-style paddles he kept in the garage (he was a teacher back when they still did that). One of those damn paddles had a bunch of holes drilled in it and I swear that sumbitch whistled on its way to your ass. And those things hurt like hell.

But I specifically remember as a kid making decisions on whether to engage in an activity I knew would get my ass beat, and I remember damn near every time thinking what the hell, it'll only hurt for a while.

So as a parent, aside from any moral or philosophical arguments regarding spanking, I always had practical doubts about its effectiveness. What worked on me was taking away things that were meaningful to me, favorite toys when I was little, all the way up to my car keys when I was older. That's worked well on my kids too.
Those teachers got creative with their paddles too. My 5th grade teacher had a paddle he kept hanging on a nail by the door. It was red white and blue with "board of education" printed on it. 🤣

I downloaded a new app on my phone that claims to be able to detect when I am hungry. I was pretty skeptical about it, but sure enough, when I got hungry at work yesterday, the app contacted a local restaurant to call me to see what I wanted to eat. The app is called Onion Rings.

ok, someone feel free to move this to a 'landscaping' group. 😁
With my 7 acres, I remain amazed at how much maintenance is involved (got three horses and two mini cows on the land). Current Issue: Tons of Volunteer Growth trees. How do I remove them (root and all)? I don't want to leave 100s of stumps around.
Bush hog

Those teachers got creative with their paddles too. My 5th grade teacher had a paddle he kept hanging on a nail by the door. It was red white and blue with "board of education" printed on it. 🤣
My Grandad had a paddle like that. Holes bored into it, nice lacquer finish. Turns out, all he needed was a hand. No switches, no paddle. Same for Dad. Once. Thats it.

I was a... let's say... rambunctious kid and my dad exercised correction by means of spanking: just the hand for run of the mill in the moment whacks, escalating through switches and the belt for more serious offenses, and all the way up to a couple school-style paddles he kept in the garage (he was a teacher back when they still did that). One of those damn paddles had a bunch of holes drilled in it and I swear that sumbitch whistled on its way to your ass. And those things hurt like hell.

But I specifically remember as a kid making decisions on whether to engage in an activity I knew would get my ass beat, and I remember damn near every time thinking what the hell, it'll only hurt for a while.

So as a parent, aside from any moral or philosophical arguments regarding spanking, I always had practical doubts about its effectiveness. What worked on me was taking away things that were meaningful to me, favorite toys when I was little, all the way up to my car keys when I was older. That's worked well on my kids too.
I agree. Sometimes it may be justified for the whipping or spanking. But is it effective in changing behavior? Every child is different.

In additional physical abusers work in a manner that rationalizes the physical abuse as punishment for real as well as perceived negative behavior when there is none. So deserving it or not makes little difference in the minds of those abused. I had personal experiences with the latter as a child and it was with my mother.

As a result of my experiences I never laid a hand on my children. I am not opposed to it, it was just unnecessary. I found other ways to be effective with discipline.

Your local liquor store should have cbd/thc canned drinks now. Not sure how much that helps your situation, but you at least can try that out before spending a lot of money on a med?

Dosages range from 5mg up to 50mg
Forget the CBD, likker helps tremendously with arthritis. That's really what they gave the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz, oil my a$$.

As a kid, I would put a couple BBQ chips on top of ant beds. They would crawl on top of them and then die. I don't know if it's because there's something in BBQ sauce that's toxic to them or because the cheap store brand stuff my parents bought was just toxic in general. I realize that's not helpful...but it was entertaining (to 12 year old me).
Probably the salt.

The Arizona coyotes of the NHL are relocating to Utah and they have narrowed down the possible team names. One of the choices is the yetis. @Weezer
I am in no way kowtowing to @Weezer, but I think that is a great name. It is what I submitted for the Knoxville team in the contest to pick a team name. They picked ice bears for some stupid reason.

VN Store

Back