• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Recruiting Football Talk VII

Who would you take?
I kind of like the idea of taking that Illinois DT to pair with big Jeff. Not against Sweat either.

Also not against Dejean if he keeps falling. We need a safety

If they feel confident Burks can make progress and show he’s halfway decent, then they should go defense. But if they’re not confident, gotta take WR.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I kind of like the idea of taking that Illinois DT to pair with big Jeff. Not against Sweat either.

If they feel confident Burks can make progress and show he’s halfway decent, then they should go defense. But if they’re not confident, gotta take WR.
I’m also not totally against them doubling down on tackle and taking Patrick Paul or the BYU guy. That’s my least favorite option but not a terrible scenario to try and overhaul the Oline in one offseason

I hope Jaylen Wright gets drafted by the Cowboys.

Boy how the tables would turn for all you Cowboys haters on here when Jaylen is killing it in the league as a member of my beloved Cowboys.

BTW no room for any band wagon fans 🤪🤪🤪
i hated the cowboys with Bill Bates and Alvin Harper. I'd still hate them with Wright. :)

I’m also not totally against them doubling down on tackle and taking Patrick Paul or the BYU guy. That’s my least favorite option but not a terrible scenario to try and overhaul the Oline in one offseason
I feel like you cannot go wrong on better line. The WR group is deep so you could maybe find value later there.

I would take Kool-Aid I think for secondary though. The benefit of having your 2 top guys familiar can only build chemistry in the locker room.

Reactions: mrMet
any of you know anything about honey bees? Man at work says his neighbor has a few hives. He said one of the hives went crazy. If anything gets anywhere near them, they attack. Not just a few bees, but the entire hive attacks. Said his neighbor's dog got attacked and they attacked his neighbor (the beekeeper) while mowing the yard. He explained it like a pissed off yellow jacket attack, but with thousands more honey bees.

He says the guy has had the same hive for a few years and they just suddenly became enraged. He also said it wasn't a one-time attack. They attacked the man and dog one day, then the man again the next day and then again yesterday morning. Apparently the beekeeper is gonna execute the hive.

Any idea why a normally docile hive will flip out like that and attack anything living with 100' of the hive? I kinda wonder if a carpenter bee got into the hive. . . but I dont know if they would even act that way if something like that happened.

I've never really heard of honey bees attacking like killer bees.
Infiltrated by killer bees?🐝

What’s messing up Newton’s draft stock is that jones fracture in his pinky toe that required surgery in January and caused him to miss the Combine. It’s considered a year long recovery.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Don't wanna know. Leggette pick told me not to watch anymore. He's a fine guy, but trade down to get him. Again, feels very regionally biased and an overpayment.
and i can't believe they couldn't have gotten him 1. pick. later.

seems....stoopid.

Reactions: DD4ME
Some Friday morning armchair draft room notes.

Falcons: Cousins is coming off a serious Achilles injury at age 35, will be 36 at the start of the season. Penix is a short term project like Hendon. He will need a year of two to get ready as CRM builds his org and system of play. They took the long term view, which always starts with the QB. The questionable part was giving Cousins 180 M over 4 years with $50 M signing and up to $100 M guaranteed. That horse already left the barn though. If you view a rebuild as taking more than a year or two, they did it well IMO. Penix can be a franchise QB.

Bowers to the Raiders is a waste of talent.

Titans: Do you trust Dad Callahan or not? This value crap means nothing. A good LT and RT are both important and he is being paid a rookie contract deal. He is not a free agent RT that you want to convert to LT. He is an OT that you will try to convert to LT who you know will dominate at RT.

KC and Andy did it again. Just what they needed.

Bears - 👍👍

I really think the greatest art of the draft is not in chasing the guy, but in preying on that impatience to get more guys.
meanwhile, in CLT, Tepper be like...."got any more picks to trade?"
dave-chappelle-crackhead.gif

When the patriots were elite they routinely traded down and picked up more picks in upper rounds. That is the bread and butter of a roster. Round 2-3 guys.
I think that is the problem with Titans amd Cowboys franchises, respectively. Issue is they arent the Pats. No is one, not even the Pats.

I know the things arent exactly the same but, best thing for TN football was detaching from the 'old school football' teat.

Pats had a generational QB. They drew the Ace. Period. Prob with the Cowboys and Titans are such that ego is preventing clarity. Insistence on my way or highway, or, influx of new ideas are stymying what could be one or two of the prominent clubs in football.

VN Store

Back