Recruiting Football Talk VII

Yeah, crazy is certainly one word for it lol

It literally says "lacks the processing, instincts, and accuracy to be a potential NFL starter."

Now THAT would be a Titans move lmao.
THAT is a great point.

If they think a good OL is what they need then I'm glad to see them making moves. However, would really like to see them go after some big names to increase fan excitement. A big name edge rusher like a Kearse, or big time WR. Need more athleticism.

Both commits so far appear to be athletic upgrades (compared to current roster). Replacing RJ production will be near impossible, but Jewel Spear should be better utilized in this new offensive scheme and defense and rebounding should be better. If they can cut TOs in half and not spot the other team a free 10-12 points a game they will automatically add 4-5 more wins to the record.
Thanks!

OK, so... I love where you're head's at. I love Milton. But I also question his processing speed and how successful he'd be at that level. Serious question: is he more likely to be a hidden gem, or another miss by TitansOrg?

NM. Asked and answered. lol
he is better than mayo-on-everything on his worst day of the week.

Syracuse and Miami girls are forwards and both big-time rebounders. The Miami transfer Spearman was a top-30 recruit out of high school and second-highest rated player from GA behind FlauJae (sp?) Johnson (LSU). She was All-ACC freshman 2 years ago. Syracuse transfer Latham was #72 in last year's class and this year was All-ACC freshman team.

That makes our forward group Hollingshead (6'5"), Latham (6'2"), and Spearman (6'4"). They can run the court and rebound back out to our shooters on the offensive end. Spearman also has a knack for blocking shots.
TY!

Then you’d be an employee - you’d be paid for work performed...in this case, playing football. However, being paid for NIL by outside entities does not make you an employee of the university. The university isn’t paying you for your NIL, an outside entity is.

Let’s say that you play soccer on your local adult rec league team and you’ve become quite popular in the community because of your crazy over the head scissor kick scoring skills and behind the back passes. A local restaurant owner contracts with you to do some commercial spots for them because everyone in the community knows your name, and they all know your name because of the way you play soccer for your adult rec team. The restaurant owner wants to use your name and image to drive business to the restaurant. Are you an employee of the rec league?
What I meant was, when they integrate the NIL into the university and the university is doing the contracts, would they be employed by the state? I guess the state can hire independent contractors, I believe they do it all the time. Just seems a little different with them being students and athletes for the University too. . . kinda like if the rec league player was also a cook at the restaurant.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

VN Store

Back