Recruiting Football Talk VII

Hilarious! There are not 16 coaches better than Heup!
He won't be that low after this season.

Technically the other guys ahead of him have accomplished more. I get why he's that low.

With Nico, elite D line, elite receivers, Veteran O-line

College football bout to mess around and find out.

I hate going outside this forum so I’ll ask this here…. Are any of the basketball transfers multi-year guys or just 1 yr rentals?

NIT is completely different though. It's playing to become the 69th best team.

A G5 tourney, like FCS, is to be the #1 team in your division.
No it isn't. Group of 5 Teams are in Division 1 Football. It's very much like the NIT basketball tournament. You're playing to be the best of the "not-so-good" teams in Division 1.

Reactions: knoxvol52
No it isn't. Group of 5 Teams are in Division 1 Football. It's very much like the NIT basketball tournament. You're playing to be the best of the "not-so-good" teams in Division 1.
So what let those teams have their glory.

Those who say they wouldn't watch, will be the first ones to turn the games on.

🤔

1. NCAA has fumbled things so badly that they've accidentally created the most compelling off season in sports.
2. The AD and the Tennessee brand are absolutely crushing it in this era.
3. Very fortunate to have Spyre
4. EVERYTHING SCHOOL
5. LV's joining the party

giphy.gif

The NIT are teams decided to be 69th - 355th best. None are considered top quality, or even close. None are playing to be #1 in their division.

A G5 playoff would be teams ranked anywhere from 4th to 132nd by last count. Year to year there would be 1, if not 2, teams in the top-12/overall playoff worthy.

Whole different playoff being held here.

Group of 5 is not FCS.
I'm aware of that. It doesn't appear that @Devo182 understands it. The Group of Five are part of the Division 1 FBS, just like the Power 5 Conferences.

For years, we had people whining that Group of 5 teams were being unfairly excluded, and they deserved a shot against Power 5 teams. They eventually were granted at least a token bowl slot. The Group of 5 team usually gets whipped in those games. Now, they suddenly don't want to play against the big boys anymore.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back