Recruiting Football Talk VII

Herring finished 2023 with a team-leading 80 tackles... including 4 tackles for loss... LOST IN SPACE???
Tealander should have started over Herring every game. I stated that during the season. Herring was atrocious stopping the run at the point of attack. His tackles were always after gains. On top of that the kid couldn’t cover anything in the passing game.

Thankfully no. Lol. He caused blood pressure to spike across Vol Nation multiple times last year. Way way too slow
You know who also looked way too slow early in his career?..AJ Johnson.

Watching his progression taught me something I will never forget...and most people will never see.

He only had 32 solo tackles, for a lb that is really bad, especially playing all 13 games
How about we bash the kid less? He gave his all for UT and I don't know of many if any of us that were ever even close to suiting up and running through the T. Wish the kid good luck and good fortune wherever he lands and let it go.

You know who also looked way too slow early in his career?..AJ Johnson.

Watching his progression taught me something I will never forget...and most people will never see.
AJ Johnson was slow. The difference with him was he always was in place to make a play. He was football smart. He didn’t get ate up on blocks. Herring isn’t football smart like that and always gets picked up on blocks. Go look at the bowl game when he tried to gap fit…. Never won at the point of attack

Reactions: OrangeMoundTNVol
How about we bash the kid less? He gave his all for UT and I don't know of many if any of us that were ever even close to suiting up and running through the T. Wish the kid good luck and good fortune wherever he lands and let it go.
If he goes to a rival I do hope we defeat his team but otherwise I wish him absolutely no ill will. Hope he finds what he's looking for and what he needs to be successful!

At Marshall. It was an uninspiring hire.

Not just Marshall. That wasn’t her first year as a HC.

And I disagree. Also it doesn’t matter if it was “uninspiring”. Tony V - no HC experience - and Heupel - only experience at UCF as a HC - would both be considered “uninspiring” by your standards. They’ve turned out pretty dang good.

She very well could turn out to be a rockstar.

Yes. Give me a few things. Should be easy.
Hired Heupel, kept Vitello from LSU, fired Pretty Holly, hired Kim Caldwell, stood up against and helped facilitate the downfall of the NCAA's corrupt practices, he has raised a ton of money for the university, and has implemented incredible remodel projects on the facilities. . . and that's not even mentioning the VOLS letters. That's just off the top of my head. . . also the fact that he communicates extraordinarily well with the Fan base.

Hired Heupel, kept Vitello from LSU, fired Pretty Holly, hired Kim Caldwell, stood up against and helped facilitate the downfall of the NCAA's corrupt practices, he has raised a ton of money for the university, and has implemented incredible remodel projects on the facilities. . . and that's not even mentioning the VOLS letters. That's just off the top of my head.
Ignore feature people! Use it. Love it.

VN Store

Back