Recruiting Football Talk VII

The last I saw from VQ, was the staff would not get a RB from the portal.

We will not bring in a potential starting RB or even someone who will threaten for carries due to its impact on Dylan Sampson. That is info coming from someone that knows what is going on. It is very delicate with him.

Are we confident that Sampson can get the majority of carries this fall? I don’t doubt his talent but am worried about wear and tear. Some think Seldon won’t be ready until October based on Heupel’s typical injury return estimates.

There will be some LV fans upset that the hires were not women.

I'm thinking specifically of Lucy.
Honestly, unless Danny raised Pat from the dead and re-instated her as the HC of the LV Lucy will probably be upset with him and anything that he does concerning the LV or breathing in general.

Are we confident that Sampson can get the majority of carries this fall? I don’t doubt his talent but am worried about wear and tear. Some think Seldon won’t be ready until October based on Heupel’s typical injury return estimates.
The coaching staff is confident he can handle the majority of the load but they are also confident that the remaining RB's can be productive with a few carries per game in relief. Another RB to compete with the backups is not out of the question. But unless something changes they are not looking to bring in somebody that is expecting/asking for significant carries.

Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite poets. She. Is. Awesome.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
She’s my favorite! My aunt bought me a book of her poems when I was in high school. I read them over and over. In Freshman English class in college the teacher gave us one of her poems to dissect. She read mine out loud and went on and on about how excellent it was. 😂 I did not tell anyone I had read the poem at least 100 times. They thought I was brilliant for a day!

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you are on twitter (X) but it seems like a lot of Mississippi State fans are convinced if their job comes open Vitello would take that job.

They hate us/him but want him to be the guy…it’s funny

That’s hilarious! Starkville is literally the biggest dump in the SEC and the school is a bottom feeder for this conference. I think I will sleep ok tonight.

Reactions: Glitch
Not sure how many of you are on twitter (X) but it seems like a lot of Mississippi State fans are convinced if their job comes open Vitello would take that job.

They hate us/him but want him to be the guy…it’s funny
I haven't seen that, but the funniest SEC baseball fans on Twitter are Arky fans. When Tony was there (2014-17) apparently a lot of their fans thought Van Horn was over the hill (he did make a CWS, but got bounced in regionals and didn't make the postseason in the 3 other seasons) and the good players on their team were because of TV. When TV comes here and turns our program around, they began to hate him and still do, but they are also enthralled with the idea of him "coming back home" to be their coach when Van Horn retires. It's a hilarious contradictory blend of feelings.

VN Store

Back