Recruiting Football Talk VII

I love to see it, would be awesome if they went to 3-12 in conference play after this weekend.
We may not have a title yet, but I at least love crushing all season long in the top 5/10. These teams like lsu, uf, arky are all over the damn place year to year.

Our time will come soon with this level of consistency.

Last edited:
We may not have a title yet, but I at least love crushing all season long in the top 5/10. These teams like lsu, uf, arky are all over the damn place year to year.

Out time will come soon with this level of consistency.
Absolutely, I really believe we win a cws title in the next few years. Maybe a few. We are right there. Tony really may be the best coach in the country now. Admittedly I am a Vol so I may be a little bit biased.

If his iron play was even half of what it could be, he would probably be on the fringes of being in contention.
Hell, he’s 7 shots off the lead with only 20 guys ahead of him. He‘s in contention right now. Tomorrow is moving day, though. He’ll either inch closer to the top for a Sunday fight or the injuries will take their toll and he’ll fade away. If he’s within 3-4 shots of the lead with 6-8 guys ahead of him starting the 4th round (and his health holds up), he’s got a real shot.

Absolutely, I really believe we win a cws title in the next few years. Maybe a few. We are right there. Tony really may be the best coach in the country now. Admittedly I am a Vol so I may be a little bit biased.
I thought about it all again tonight. Think I posted similar about a year ago, but I still believe we are 50% to win a major title (football, mbb, LVs, or baseball) in the next 3 years.

We are close on various fronts. We'll bink one sooner than later, if not open the damn floodgates in the next decade. Hopefully the latter.

To be sitting near the bottom of the SEC with Mizzou and Arkansas (iirc) is a shame. It's time we finally cash in for the first time since 2008.

I thought about it all again tonight. Think I posted similar about a year ago, but I still believe we are 50% to win a major title (football, mbb, LVs, or baseball) in the next 3 years.

We are close on various fronts. We'll bink one sooner than later, if not open the damn floodgates in the next decade. Hopefully the latter.
I agree 100%. Its coming and we're going to be unbearable when it happens. We owe it to alot of folks, vol nation keeps receipts.

Given his age, ongoing health issues, and how little competitive golf he's played in the last 12 months, it's unbelievable he's still competitive with the best golfers in the world. His talent and drive are just amazing. If not for the bimbos and car wreck, who knows how many more tournaments and majors he could have won.
The dude is amazing..what he has done there this weekend so far is unbelievable in context. He is a total physical wreck that can not practice or play anywhere near enough to compete at a high level..and yet...there are only 20 guys ahead of him after two days at Augusta.

Tiger may not be a good person, but he is incredible in a lot of ways.

I often feel cheated by the injuries and the personal problems...there is no telling what great feats he could have accomplished, and how many more great moments he would have given otherwise.

VN Store

Back