Recruiting Football Talk VII

I refuse to give my estranged the satisfaction keeling over 🙂

Seriously, I'm okay. I do hate that I stay so far behind now and can't spend any time online. Trust me, I miss hanging out with you all!

I did want to share some news about my son, though. The socks are what make it official, right?

View attachment 633890
Good to see you...I hate that you've had such a rough time.

Sunshine always follows rain...always.

They didn't "get rid" of him either. He wasn't fired. He decided that it was worth walking away from a $32M buyout to get away from the ridiculous expectations and verbal abuse. That should be cautionary and instructive for us here, but I doubt the usual suspects are smart enough to figure it out. Makes you wonder why Coach Barnes seriously considered UCLA. Or maybe you shouldn't wonder. Thank goodness DW was willing to do what it took to keep the man, rather than indulge his hubris and go find a "winner".

As for how it applies to us, just pointing out that DW's handling of the LV has risks, but far more potential reward, whereas the path that many here would insist on looks a lot like what KY has done. KY is a "basketball school" with pedigree, and they still fell face first in crap. I'll take DW's approach every time, particularly since he's demonstrated some aptitude at picking winners.
Bingo

Be sure and email KNS about what lovely journalist they have working down there s***tting on the university @Ulysees E. McGill look at this horse S***

I can't read the stupid thing because of the stupid adds...and I hate the KNS and Adams and have for 30 years, so I don't like giving them clicks.

It's all a load of 🦬💩

I can't read the stupid thing because of the stupid adds...and I hate the KNS and Adams and have for 30 years, so I don't like giving them clicks.

It's all a load of 🦬💩
This is quintessential McGill. lol.

Told my bus driver tonite that Tennesseans refer to Californians as 'those people.' Even gave them your address.

I refuse to give my estranged the satisfaction keeling over 🙂

Seriously, I'm okay. I do hate that I stay so far behind now and can't spend any time online. Trust me, I miss hanging out with you all!

I did want to share some news about my son, though. The socks are what make it official, right?

View attachment 633890
🧡 Woot! Woot! 🧡

They didn't "get rid" of him either. He wasn't fired. He decided that it was worth walking away from a $32M buyout to get away from the ridiculous expectations and verbal abuse. That should be cautionary and instructive for us here, but I doubt the usual suspects are smart enough to figure it out. Makes you wonder why Coach Barnes seriously considered UCLA. Or maybe you shouldn't wonder. Thank goodness DW was willing to do what it took to keep the man, rather than indulge his hubris and go find a "winner".

As for how it applies to us, just pointing out that DW's handling of the LV has risks, but far more potential reward, whereas the path that many here would insist on looks a lot like what KY has done. KY is a "basketball school" with pedigree, and they still fell face first in crap. I'll take DW's approach every time, particularly since he's demonstrated some aptitude at picking winners.
It was well known that the only reason Cal was still there was bc of the 32 million dollar buy out. He even went to the admin seeing if they would match what Arkansas was willing to do… He didn’t feel the support that he wanted/needed. I don’t know how I feel about it…. It would have been hard to want rid of a coach that had so much talent on campus… At the same time… the results just weren’t happening with Cal.

As for the Kentucky basketball search…. They were too worried about winning the press conference….Go out and identify the best basketball coach possible and it will usually be a winning situation… They just went right down a list of top names allowing it to look embarrassingly bad.. Then it looked like they settled for someone with Kentucky ties. I prefer DW’s style…. we don’t really know who he talked to or offered… He picked who he thought was best and didn’t care what anyone thought of the hire.

Hell, he’s 7 shots off the lead with only 20 guys ahead of him. He‘s in contention right now. Tomorrow is moving day, though. He’ll either inch closer to the top for a Sunday fight or the injuries will take their toll and he’ll fade away. If he’s within 3-4 shots of the lead with 6-8 guys ahead of him starting the 4th round (and his health holds up), he’s got a real shot.
Needs to figure out his iron play. If his driver can continue to put the ball in play and he can figure out his iron game, he could make some noise. He has hit 79% of his fairways so far. In his prime he never could hit that many fairways. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: Mike4Vols
If you’re going to the game, have fun! Great weather today. I have my son’s birthday party, and hope to listen to it, I think Freak post he would upload it to YouTube!
Hahaha. I read this as you are going to the game and plan to listen to your son’s birthday party from the game. Picture you FaceTiming from the game to sing Happy Birthday. Hahaha.

Had to reread. Happy Birthday to him!

VN Store

Back