Recruiting Football Talk VII

@drvenner

stole another one.............this one has legs.....

Every morning I announce loudly to my family that l'm going jogging, but then don't go.

It's a running joke.
One of you or your comrades has already used this one. Get new bad material.
Amateur Hour Will Ferrell GIF - Amateur Hour Will Ferrell Tired - Discover  & Share GIFs

A serious young man found the conflicts of mid 20th Century America confusing. He went to many people seeking a way of resolving within himself the discords that troubled him, but he remained troubled.
One night in a coffee house, a self-ordained Zen Master said to him, "go to the dilapidated mansion you will find at this address which I have written down for you. Do not speak to those who live there; you must remain silent until the moon rises tomorrow night. Go to the large room on the right of the main hallway, sit in the lotus position on top of the rubble in the northeast corner, face the corner, and meditate."
He did just as the Zen Master instructed. His meditation was frequently interrupted by worries. He worried whether or not the rest of the plumbing fixtures would fall from the second floor bathroom to join the pipes and other trash he was sitting on. He worried how would he know when the moon rose on the next night. He worried about what the people who walked through the room said about him.
His worrying and meditation were disturbed when, as if in a test of his faith, ordure fell from the second floor onto him. At that time two people walked into the room. The first asked the second who the man was sitting there was. The second replied "Some say he is a holy man. Others say he is a shithead."
Hearing this, the man was enlightened.
YARN Story: Mr Madison, what you've just said... |  f8186fa2-e820-4c90-9feb-a594fc4710df

A serious young man found the conflicts of mid 20th Century America confusing. He went to many people seeking a way of resolving within himself the discords that troubled him, but he remained troubled.
One night in a coffee house, a self-ordained Zen Master said to him, "go to the dilapidated mansion you will find at this address which I have written down for you. Do not speak to those who live there; you must remain silent until the moon rises tomorrow night. Go to the large room on the right of the main hallway, sit in the lotus position on top of the rubble in the northeast corner, face the corner, and meditate."
He did just as the Zen Master instructed. His meditation was frequently interrupted by worries. He worried whether or not the rest of the plumbing fixtures would fall from the second floor bathroom to join the pipes and other trash he was sitting on. He worried how would he know when the moon rose on the next night. He worried about what the people who walked through the room said about him.
His worrying and meditation were disturbed when, as if in a test of his faith, ordure fell from the second floor onto him. At that time two people walked into the room. The first asked the second who the man was sitting there was. The second replied "Some say he is a holy man. Others say he is a shithead."
Hearing this, the man was enlightened.
20240328_124848.gif

DUDE the players were literally against this rule 😅🤣

At least read about it first before spouting your emojis my good man!
I know that...but the idiots that did this spew the lie that it is about "player safety"..so my comment stands. Real football is a dangerous physical sport played by super big strong fast men...it is the nature of the sport, and the guys that play it know it is...it is THEIR choice to play for the insane money they get to play a freaking game.

This is nothing like the forward pass 🦬💩 you used to justify it...they are now destroying the core nature of the sport...and THAT is total freaking 🦬💩.

Reactions: rikberry31
No offense, but anyone with a first round grade on Milton has the same level of credibility as Dobbs4Heisman. I wish Milton the best. He is a class act, and he will be an NFL player. However, a first round draft pick he is not.
All it takes is for one organization to think highly enough of him and he will come off the board far sooner than most rational people expect. See the Oilers and Will Levi's as a prime example.

I tend to agree. So many times, the first round and/or sweet 16 have the best games. Just hope our game vs Creighton is competitive. If we go down, at least go down swinging and make a game of it.
If we play our best game...we can whip anybody left in this tourney imo...

Conversely...If we play like we did against Texas on offense again...we will get ripped by anybody left in this tourney...imo

The same Basilio that posters say talks out his @$$ and his information is like throwing poop at the wall hoping it sticks?
Yes, but this time the information is something that we want to believe so we will accept it on blind faith and not question or bemoan it in the slightest.

I heard that Bruce Springsteen is going to re-release Dancing in the Dark. Also heard he was changing up the lyrics some. I don't think I really like that. What's he gonna change next - his clothes, his hair, his face?

Disclaimer: If you don't get or appreciate this humor, it is either because you are too young or an unrefined cretin. TIA.

If we play our best game...we can whip anybody left in this tourney imo...

Conversely...If we play like we did against Texas on offense again...we will get ripped by anybody left in this tourney...imo
Concerning thing is that we seem to sneak in a 'stinker' fairly frequently and this team needs to string several strong performances together. Well, I suppose we did just that at the end of the season.

Having Knecht should insulate us some from the slumps and I'm still hoping he's the X factor taking us deep.

VN Store

Back