Recruiting Football Talk VII

He is correct to have ought with Weezer. The hundreds of possums you see hit in the road are not just slow and stupid, there's more to it than that. The Motor Vehicle Safety Commision data shows that over 50% of the the possum killed in the road are actually thrown into oncoming traffic by mysterious ape-like creatures.

1711629080110.gif

Am I the only one who finds AP and Hubbs to be douches?

Listening to them mock Josh Pate today was the biggest thing that got to me. That and the way they respond to some of the questions from their own subscribers on the mailbag podcast
Ppl haven’t forgotten AP chastising the fanbase for wanting Pruitt fired back in the day…

Listening to them mock Josh Pate today was the biggest thing that got to me. That and the way they respond to some of the questions from their own subscribers on the mailbag podcast

AP has turned into a mouthpiece and Hubbs has always been the mouthpiece…Not to mention how far behind Hubbs is regarding inside “Info”.he needs to retire.

I don't think they are douches...but they definitely are a bit smug towards their competitors. I enjoy their podcasts and can tolerate it...along with Cain's "ask a question, try to answer himself, then throw it to someone else", Austin "ya-know" Price, and Rob Lewis having the same vocal inflection as a man struggling on the toilet. Brent is probably the most tolerable of the bunch.

Ppl haven’t forgotten AP chastising the fanbase for wanting Pruitt fired back in the day…
AP was buddies with Pruitt. I saw it mentioned that a media member was riding with Pruitt back from a golf outing when Pruitt stopped to withdraw a lot of money from an ATM...always assumed it was AP.

He is correct to have ought with Weezer. The hundreds of possums you see hit in the road are not just slow and stupid, there's more to it than that. The Motor Vehicle Safety Commision data shows that over 50% of the the possum killed in the road are actually thrown into oncoming traffic by mysterious ape-like creatures.
mlpCWv8dVK2Ji.gif

Is that why Christmas started posting…. He is your commie replacement.

View attachment 630135Before anybody gets emotional… I’m just playing around.
I dont give a ****. You've been around long enough, really only certain posters drive me crazy. The argue just to argue crew. Life is too short, y'all numbnuts.

Hubbs hasnt always been that way. It wasnt until recently, honestly when Cain came aboard it started to get a bit condescending, and knowitally.

It doesnt bother me, personally. I like Hubbs because of his story, worked hard, earned his stripes. But yeah, he needs to chill and remember where he came from, the act is getting old.

Is that why Christmas started posting…. He is your commie replacement.

View attachment 630135Before anybody gets emotional… I’m just playing around.
I know you're just joking...but I think several folks think I'm either new or have been a long time lurker. I changed my boring username a month or two ago...I used to bug people as utvols83. I'm not someone that posts 50+ times a day. What I lack in quantity, I make up for in quality (TWSS) as my post-to-likes ratio proves.

This is the only Vols forum I look at...so I'm not going anywhere until I'm either dead or my son takes away my phone/computer/whatever tech device they have if I live long enough to be that useless.

Hubbs hasnt always been that way. It wasnt until recently, honestly when Cain came aboard it started to get a bit condescending, and knowitally.

It doesnt bother me, personally. I like Hubbs because of his story, worked hard, earned his stripes. But yeah, he needs to chill and remember where he came from, the act is getting old.

Yeah, I’ll keep listening because I think it is the best source on Tennessee sports, but I’m not a fan of the act itself. I even get their frustration at some of the questions, but they’re the ones who pick which questions to read/answer.

And they’ll rudely respond to so many of them. I’ve seen simple questions like “would you take our 22 LBs or this years?” And they’ll respond with:

“You can’t answer that! Ask me after the season. How could I know in spring”

Yeah, douche, we realize that. We are asking for your prediction on if this group will be better.

Last edited:
I know you're just joking...but I think several folks think I'm either new or have been a long time lurker. I changed my boring username a month or two ago...I used to bug people as utvols83. I'm not someone that posts 50+ times a day. What I lack in quantity, I make up for in quality (TWSS) as my post-to-likes ratio proves.

This is the only Vols forum I look at...so I'm not going anywhere until I'm either dead or my son takes away my phone/computer/whatever tech device they have if I live long enough to be that useless.
Lloyd was on VQ, (so he says) if its same Lloyd back before many of you morans were here.

The one thing that makes me scratch my head is how they sometimes mock the folks on the GQ and their reactions. Not really mock, but they come across as a bit condescending toward the folks who provide their income to a great degree. Seems like they'd want to be a bit more respectful and appreciative. Both do seem a bit full of themselves. Humility and appreciation goes a long way with customers.

The one thing that makes me scratch my head is how they sometimes mock the folks on the GQ and their reactions. Not really mock, but they come across as a bit condescending toward the folks who provide their income to a great degree. Seems like they'd want to be a bit more respectful and appreciative. Both do seem a bit full of themselves. Humility and appreciation goes a long way with customers.
That condescension may work with the big donors, and golf shirt wearers of the world. But to your point, to the folks who pay $9.95, its a huge turn off.

not that I was ever going to pay it. but I sure as **** wont if they cant cool it.

I was a member on VQ from like 2002 until 2013 under utvols83. Hated what the GQ was becoming as a forum...total sh*show, so I canceled my sub. Still don't miss it...no need to pay for info that's showing up all over the web for free.
Same. I've not found a site that was worth the money. Very little is "exclusive". Most of the time, as you said, the info shows up everywhere else within a few hours anyway from folks trying to appear to have "inside" information. Other than VN, the most fun I've had on a site was Chuck's. Good dude and a true Vols fan.

VN Store

Back