Recruiting Football Talk VII

It was hard to tell how good of a coach he was….. probably the worst recruiter that we have ever had…. He would get a commit from the best player in NYC… we would get all excited about it but Wade knew that there was no chance he would ever make it to campus so ended up with guys like Gannon Goodson and Lang Wiseman. The Goodson matchup with Shaq was a classic… He would smack the court and challenge Shaq… Hilarious!😂
Carlus Groves wrapping up Shaq was pretty classic, too.

I was too young to remember the Allan Houston years, but how were we THAT bad with Allan Houston on our team? Was Wade just that sh*tty of a coach?
Would have been cool to see Allan Houston in today’s game playing for the Warriors. Houston basically put up the same stats as Klay Thompson, but did it on mediocre Knicks teams when guys were still allowed to play perimeter D and you didn’t shoot 8 threes a game. Houston probably would have averaged 25-28 points a game.

Yes. I think people got confused because Allan Houston was the FT shooter, but Corey Allen was the one who made the putback and was fouled while doing it. People just heard Allen and immediately thought Houston.
I thought it was Houston. I only heard it on the radio, never saw it. Makes me wonder if the radio call was off.

On March 8, 1971,

In the first of three fights between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, Frazier defeated Ali by decision in what was billed as “The Fight of the Century” at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Ali dominated the first five rounds, peppering the shorter Frazier with rapier-like jabs that raised welts on the champion's face.

Ali was visibly tired after the sixth round, and though he put together some flurries of punches after that round, he was unable to keep the pace he had set in the first third of the fight. At 1 minute and 59 seconds into round eight, following his clean left hook to Ali's right jaw, Frazier grabbed Ali's wrists and swung Ali into the center of the ring; however, Ali immediately grabbed Frazier again until they were once again separated by Mercante.

At 2:10 of the eleventh round, Frazier staggered Ali with a left hook, Ali's knees buckling—only bouncing off the ropes keeping Ali from again hitting the canvas. For the remainder of the round, Ali stumbled around the ring backing again and again into the ropes and grabbing at Frazier as Frazier continued battering him until the fighters were separated by Mercante at 2:55 into the round.

Heading into round 15, all three judges had Frazier In the lead (7–6–1, 10–4–0, and 8–6–0), and Frazier closed convincingly. Early in the round, Frazier landed a left hook that put Ali on the canvas. Ali, his jaw swollen noticeably, got up at the count of four and managed to stay on his feet for the rest of the round despite several terrific blows from Frazier. A few minutes later, the judges made it official: Frazier had retained the title with a unanimous decision, dealing Ali his first professional loss.

Frank Sinatra wasn’t able to get ringside seats for the Fight, so he arranged to take photos for Life magazine so that he could be close to the action.

1709911562216.png

1709911591699.png

Will be interested to see who pops up in the transfer portal across the country after the tourney... We should be able to have our pick after how well we've done this season...

Reactions: hooter vol
You think far too highly of yourself and are way too sensitive at times.

I just mentioned Lynch because of exactly the same reason you did, and he was previously brought up. I also brought up Woodhead because of their similarities in size.
Yeah...I was the one that brought him up.

VN Store

Back