Recruiting Football Talk VII

We found an answer against teams that the refs allow to play football. Awaka and Aidoo on the court at the same time. It worked really well. Have to watch their rest, so we need Estrella to step up and play productive minutes.
Agree! That lineup with those 2 was very productive offensively. Would like to see that a little more going forward, especially when we reach March Madness.

I'm not saying he would get out of the car willingly. He was very much not complying with that request at that point. I'm saying I think the shooting itself was petty revenge for getting tased and his aggression aimed at the guy who tased him and not at the one who didn't.

But when I looked none of that other footage was available. Maybe seeing it changes my pov, IDK. But people don't tend to escalate to murder/shooting like that even knowing they're going to do time without something setting them off and getting tased makes more sense to me than the threat of prison time, especially for a guy who has been in and out and knows he can do some time and then life will go back to normal. The threat of prison time/punishment is usually a non-factor in people's behavior. It just doesn't factor in because the vast majority of crimes aren't all that organized or planned out -- they are reactions to events/emotions and half baked plans. Physical pain, fear, anger, etc. trigger people to act and react more often than thinking through the consequences of any given actions.

If he was thinking it through, IDK how he comes up with a capital crime being a better outcome than 6 years.
You forget sometimes the catalyst isn't an action its emotion. He just got back from spending time with his son at a game according to him. The thought of not getting to be a part of your child's formative years.

I'm know the weight of ones actions and the effects it will have on others......... And the resentment of yourself in that moment, the rage and impulse to just get away can take over. It's crossed my mind in the past, almost fought a time or two in my former life but self control got the best of me.

I'm just looking at it through my own point of view. The escalation of force was a contributing factor for sure..... But it was inevitable given his actions.

Reactions: UTProf
I'm not saying he would get out of the car willingly. He was very much not complying with that request at that point. I'm saying I think the shooting itself was petty revenge for getting tased and his aggression aimed at the guy who tased him and not at the one who didn't.

But when I looked none of that other footage was available. Maybe seeing it changes my pov, IDK. But people don't tend to escalate to murder/shooting like that even knowing they're going to do time without something setting them off and getting tased makes more sense to me than the threat of prison time, especially for a guy who has been in and out and knows he can do some time and then life will go back to normal. The threat of prison time/punishment is usually a non-factor in people's behavior. It just doesn't factor in because the vast majority of crimes aren't all that organized or planned out -- they are reactions to events/emotions and half baked plans. Physical pain, fear, anger, etc. trigger people to act and react more often than thinking through the consequences of any given actions.

If he was thinking it through, IDK how he comes up with a capital crime being a better outcome than 6 years.
I think you both make points that don't contradict one another if viewed in sequence. What started as a plan to avoid X may have devolved into actions rooted in no plan at all. Very sad

Reactions: UTProf
I love to think about all the people who saw our halftime score and got excited that the Vols might drop a bad one, only to now be disappointed.

That's primarily directed at the fans of other Top 10 teams, and SEC rivals. But the shoe fits for some miserable posters in the RF.
The game was a very sloppy one. I knew we would play better. Why would anyone get excited about us losing? Losing sucks.

That’s actually a true story based on @Ulysees E. McGill . His catcher was @Weezer. The untold part of the story was that at least half the time, the things whispered to the batters by @Weezer had them shell shocked and just standing there as @Ulysees E. McGill threw the strikes. He still had to throw strikes. Poor @Ulysees E. McGill thought he had mind control and was soaring in the strike zone. He walked away from baseball when he heard a recording of @Weezer’s whispering suggestions to the batters. The tape was destroyed for the good of civilization 😂
😂😂😂

Currently on the SEC NETWORK:

Former UA basketball player (Richard Hendrix) campaigning hard for current UA basketball player Mark Sears for SEC player of the year. 🙄

I can't wait until uncle Nick is on ESPN GameDay spewing garbage!

(And TN fans are questioning Dane Bradshaw calling SEC games. Get bent.)

I HATE ALABAMA
BUCK FAMA! But Sears is a good player. Gonna be a tight race between Seats and Knecht for SECPOTY. Hopefully DK outplays him when we play them.

Reactions: DD4ME

VN Store

Back