Recruiting Football Talk VII

Future model for players should be employee type contacts plus a portion of revenue the school makes from the conference. Revenue could be paid to players at end of each semester. If player enters transfer portal or opts out of games they would forfeit a portion or all of that semester’s revenue.

In contrast if a school forces or encourages a player to enter the portal then the school owes the player extra revenue plus their normal semester revenue.

There would still be some tampering but the new school would end up paying the previous semester’s revenue to the player or the player would just forfeit it. Should slow down the transfers a lot.

Revenue Should be a consistent school percentage across college football. This would automatically raise the players revenue when a school makes the playoffs since the school would get more revenue.

I believe all this is inevitable. Just a matter of how long before we get there.

Future model for players should be employee type contacts plus a portion of revenue the school makes from the conference. Revenue could be paid to players at end of each semester. If player enters transfer portal or opts out of games they would forfeit a portion or all of that semester’s revenue.

In contrast if a school forces or encourages a player to enter the portal then the school owes the player extra revenue plus their normal semester revenue.

There would still be some tampering but the new school would end up paying the previous semester’s revenue to the player or the player would just forfeit it. Should slow down the transfers a lot.

Revenue Should be a consistent school percentage across college football. This would automatically raise the players revenue when a school makes the playoffs since the school would get more revenue.

I believe all this is inevitable. Just a matter of how long before we get there.
I generally agree. The players can be contracted, whether as an employee or sub is what I am not sure about yet because of all of the individual state laws involved.

Overall this is the point I have been making on here though. What we see now is a just a transitory step in a much bigger process.

There will be a number of proposals and modifications on the table. Once there is general consensus or a large enough block to control, the final choice will probably be implemented in stages. This is a massive paradigm shift in thinking that started in the CFB industry years ago. It took the fans seeing it go like the wild west to figure out it could not stay the same as in the past because of the big money and judicial rulings, yet, there still needs to be better order and equity in the system or CFB will go the way of the NBA.

The problem is the good ole boys will still try to slant it their direction. They always do. That is why it would be better for us for it all to flow through the legal/judiciary system and take a hard line on cleaning up the officials/refs. Time for conference control to end and go centralized outside of the existing method and make a core group of officials full time paid employees for college through pro. It is also way past time to have one set of rules for each major sport, at least from CFB through the NFL. The players and officials need and deserve consistency. Points of emphasis with rule interpretations should not be a thing - ever. Play and administer the rules as written. Don't like them - get enough votes to change them after the season.

I generally agree. The players can be contracted, whether as an employee or sub is what I am not sure about yet because of all of the individual state laws involved.

Overall this is the point I have been making on here though. What we see now is a just a transitory step in a much bigger process.

There will be a number of proposals and modifications on the table. Once there is general consensus or a large enough block to control, the final choice will probably be implemented in stages. This is a massive paradigm shift in thinking that started in the CFB industry years ago. It took the fans seeing it go like the wild west to figure out it could not stay the same as in the past because of the big money and judicial rulings, yet, there still needs to be better order and equity in the system or CFB will go the way of the NBA.

The problem is the good ole boys will still try to slant it their direction. They always do. That is why it would be better for us for it all to flow through the legal/judiciary system and take a hard line on cleaning up the officials/refs. Time for conference control to end and go centralized outside of the existing method and make a core group of officials full time paid employees for college through pro. It is also way past time to have one set of rules for each major sport, at least from CFB through the NFL. The players and officials need and deserve consistency. Points of emphasis with rule interpretations should not be a thing - ever. Play and administer the rules as written. Don't like them - get enough votes to change them after the season.
Title 9 will also be an obstacle when it comes to revenue sharing amounts. Not sure a schools can give equal amounts of revenue to all student athletes and the amount still be enough to matter. They may able to find a way to tie the player amount to the sports revenue and still stand up in court.

With these bowl games, the lines are all over the place. Vegas has been way off on a lot of them. It’s hard to predict with all the opt outs and transfers. Thing that concerns me most about our game is their roster is intact and we will have a lot of new faces. Not sure how that will affect the outcome of the game.
If its hurting Vegas, something will definitely be done about it.

Last edited:
Putting aside who earned it and who the best 4 teams are, I have to say this is one of the most wide open four team fields in the playoff era. Nobody seems to be a clear favorite, and it wouldn’t shock me if any of the four were to pull it off. All four are very good teams but with some clear flaws that can be exploited.

Michigan seems to be the slight favorite of the field, but I just have a hard time seeing them win a playoff game until they do it. Watching their nearest rivals in the Big10 crumble in bowls and them not having Bama’s signs further fuels my skepticism.

Bama has been there and done it many times before and has the GOAT at coach but it’s not one of his best teams. I think they beat Michigan (see above), but they could be playing a team in the championship who beat them on their own field in what would essentially be a home game for that team.

Texas has the talent to win it all but UW may be their worst matchup of the field. Texas hasn’t played a passing attack this good all season, and the next best they faced (OU) was their only loss. They’ll have a clear crowd advantage in New Orleans, and if they can get past UW, I like their chances in the final, but UW is an extremely veteran team at all the key positions, with a brilliant HC, and has shown they know how to win close games.

As I’ve said above, I think UW has a good shot at winning the first game. Not sure they can can do it two weeks in a row over teams with a clear talent advantage (see TCU last year). Also unclear how they handle the national spotlight of the CFB Playoffs, as opposed to the three blue blood programs that live in the fishbowl of attention all year long, and have played in those type of big games before.

Yeah...but the one QB they had left got injured early...and it was ovah after that. The guy that had to finish the game was OSUs version of Navy Shuler...actually I am pretty sure Navy could do better than that guy...he was absolutely useless.
He wasnt a bad recruit. He was just a freshman.

Regarding the Lions game last night, they got absolutely ROBBED. 68 clearly checked in but yet they still called the flag. S**t like that is why I dont watch the nfl anymore besides the Titans and playoffs
Email league office, you believe officials are any better in College?

I've read on here all season about ****** officiating and now because of a screw up call ,you just realize officials suck lol...

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
That's what I've said all along...they should have come with everything they had and tried to kick UGA in the teeth...if they did that, they could have declared themselves Champs and hung a 2023 NC banner in Doak Campbell and a lot of folks would have sided with them...it would have left them all a great legacy.

Instead they quit, which doesn't give me much place to believe they had the heart to win a slugfest with UGA to start with...

Screw em...they quit and that's all they will be remembered for by their fans...FSU uniforms getting annihilated and embarrassed....if I was a FSU fan right now I would be seriously thinking of checking out.
FSU was largely built on Merc transfers. This is what happens and all Vol fans should beware of the desire to dip too far into that kitty… See Mel Tuckers program…

The NFL world is ablaze with talk of the conspiracy and officials rigging this game against the lions. In my opinion, red dot and yellow dot appear to be lined up at the same depth (certainly not one yard apart, which is the rule for off vs on the line of scrimmage). Yellow dot is intended to be on the line of scrimmage. Therefore, red dot is also on the line of scrimmage. This would mean green dot is covered up and is ineligible, regardless of him reporting. If red dot is off the line, then so is yellow dot. In that case there would be fewer than 7 men on the line of scrimmage, which is an illegal formation. The reporting of eligibility is completely beside the point, in my opinion. Either green dot is ineligible due to alignment, or the formation is illegal.

Attachments

• 1704001268822~2.png
    1704001268822~2.png
    513.7 KB · Views: 22
WOOF. Ref said 70 reported, 68 didn’t. In the video below you can see 58 and 68 are in front of the ref and 68 is telling him he’s reporting and meanwhile the ref points away from them and at 70 who is running up to them. And then takes off jogging to tell Dallas. It does look like 70 yells something towards the ref but 68 was sitting there for a good 3-4 seconds telling him he’s reporting eligible and the ref never seemed to acknowledge him. What a blunder.

Ref also said the 2nd flag was for illegal formation but it was only because 70 was reported eligible but was covered by the TE. There was no issue with St. Brown or Reynolds covering Decker. So if the correct player was reported there would have been no illegal formation issue.

So, I know I’m a Cowboys fan, but I don’t think you can totally absolve the Lions for this. Skipper didn’t need to report but did. You usually only have one OL report, so the official immediately went to inform the Dallas defense. Therefore, he missed Decker trying to report. Bungled in a couple of ways. I’m still not sure about the formation either. St. Brown is close, but it appears there are 6 on the LOS.

VN Store

Back