Recruiting Football Talk VII

I remember that being what a bunch of yahoos on VN said happened. I also remember there being exactly zero proof to substantiate that assertion.
We got there through osmosis, I reckon. Could’ve sworn VQ helped. While I got you on the line, what PROOF do you remember about the methodology and reasoning of ANY of our hires?

We got there through osmosis, I reckon. Could’ve sworn VQ helped. While I got you on the line, what PROOF do you remember about the methodology and reasoning of ANY of our hires?
I don't remember making any claims about any particular hires that would require I provide any proof. Call me skeptical on the race-based claims re Banks. Maybe that played a part, but I'm not convinced.

I don't remember making any claims about any particular hires that would require I provide any proof. Call me skeptical on the race-based claims re Banks. Maybe that played a part, but I'm not convinced.
But you said I was wrong like you had proof. So in reality you are just skeptical and this is your opinion? They interviewed Al Washington, not so sure about Kasey Rodgers and then Tim Banks and seems like there were 1 other after Banks and went back to Banks.

Last edited:
YOU brought up “proof” in your previous post to which I responded. Just trying to keep pace since you have me at a disadvantage with critical and logical thinking. I’m not a supporter of race based hiring myself, but also not a fan of the good old boy network hiring of days yourn. When Tony Dungy toiled for years and years as a position coach and worked his way up to DC way too slowly whilst names like Marion Campbell and Rich Kotite got multiple chances as head coaches. All that to say that I felt there were many promising, bright defensive minds that also happened to be in that demographic, so I had no issue pursuing that potential avenue…especially since top, proven coordinators weren’t beating down our doors for an interview.

Last edited:
This guy does a pretty good break down on the Missouri game last week, here are some takeaways from it and the timestamps as well:

7:00 Wesley Walker doesnt even make an attempt to tackle Shrader, resulting in a td. Such a poor attempt that I really wouldn’t care if he never took another snap for us

9:00 Milton had Keyton WIDE open on the comeback route but he checked it down to Wright instead, resulting in the fumble right before halftime

10:35 missed holding call that UT later in would be called for less, then Turnage absolutely whiffed on the tackle as well

14:20 Mincey got beat for the 20th time this game and Milton throws the comeback that was not open, resulting in a near pick-6

15:52 Herring whiffs on tackle, it was such a poor attempt that I also think he should never see the field again here for it.

17:28 horrible holding calls against us on the would-be Sampson 20 yard run, that missouri also got away with earlier in the game.

23:00 Milton pick-6, horrible read

Thus video just proves how bad we played, especially Mincey, Walker, and Herring

We have been absolutely HORRID on the road.

What a snide, imbecilic question by the caller and what downmarket backbiting by Wes Sucker to distribute it for the caller on twitter, as if it were worth repeating. And as if Wes Cuckered has any credibility at all pretending that he was "only repeating" "news."

Great answer by Heup under the asinine circumstance that an anonymous caller and a wannabe member of the Knoxville media tried to get our head coach to throw his QB under the bus three days before a huge game.
So you’re okay with mediocrity and dislike Wes. Got it.

Vanderbilt put up 20 points on the Dogs surely ...CJH and his offense can put up 20 or more....while Tim Banks defense needs to play FREAKING PRESS coverage ...

I just figured out why we laid an egg last week. CJH was on the phone all last week with Texas A&M to be their next coach and the team laid down on him. Most logical explanation. 😃

Wrong.

Instead of a pregame speech, Heupel played Andy’s diss track and the team just decided they didn’t want to play after listening.

Joe isn’t a NFL QB. We’ve seen several 6’5 240lb college QBs have to switch to TE just to make a NFL team. VaTech QB a few years back comes to mind, also University of Buffalo QB that we offered in the portal that one year. He can’t read a defense, that serves no purpose in the NFL
There is a difference between being “an NFL QB” and getting drafted.

I bet he gets drafted.

VN Store

Back