Recruiting Football Talk VII

I would be willing to bet that the hive is queenless. It is swarm season and if that hive swarmed recently the OG queen is gone and the new queen potentially didn't survive. They could have a new queen with a new personality that is causing the change in temperament, but typically even an aggressive hive won't do what you are explaining if they have a queen. A queenless hive can very aggressive.

You may also put out some trail cameras, potentially that hive is being bothered by potential predators (racoons, skunks, bears, etc.) at night causing them to be aggressive as well.
I thought of queenlessness but the way he was describing them it seem a little but more than that. In my experience a queenless hive will roar a little and may be a little ornery but the Africanize will flat out get after you. My BIL had one like that and you couldn't get within 50 feet without gearing up.

Yeah, rowdy would be a huge understatement. He made it sound like it's 2,500 bees all flying stinger first straight at your jugular at the same time, kamikaze style, 😂
When they do swarm, add a couple zeros to that number.

One summer our hive got too hot and the bees swarmed for 2 days. A mechanism to cool down the hive. An apiarist came out and estimated there were a few million bees in the air. You couldn't hear anything, like being in Neyland.

Then when they were satisfied and we added a new level to the hive they went back in.

When they do swarm, add a couple zeros to that number.

One summer our hive got too hot and the bees swarmed for 2 days. A mechanism to cool down the hive. An apiarist came out and estimated there were a few million bees in the air. You couldn't hear anything, like being in Neyland.

Then when they were satisfied and we added a new level to the hive they went back in.
That's pretty cool. What happened to the bee shortage?! You've got a few million?!

That's pretty cool. What happened to the bee shortage?! You've got a few million?!
Each hive is 50-100k. You get a bunch of hives together and you got a lot of bees. But my dad got out of that a decade ago.

Honeybees were never really in threat. There's more honeybees today than ever iirc. Native bees and pollinators are plummeting though. That's what "Save The Bees" is about. There's hundreds to thousands of native bee species and population number have been dropping nationwide.

Edit: A lot of people dont realize that honeybees are not native to the New World.

No. His adoration for the quarterback who won him his first championship of any kind isn’t lip service…but it doesn’t trump the plus/minus of that move or his overall football intelligence. Herbert is a known proven quantity. I could more see him trading the pick to Minnesota for a haul.
Known proven quantity? Odd phrasing, but I think I agree.

Each hive is 50-100k. You get a bunch of hives together and you got a lot of bees. But my dad got out of that a decade ago.

Honeybees were never really in threat. There's more honeybees today than ever iirc. Native bees and pollinators are plummeting though. That's what "Save The Bees" is about. There's hundreds to thousands of native bee species and population number have been dropping nationwide.

Edit: A lot of people dont realize that honeybees are not native to the New World.
I didn't know that either. I thought honey bees were pollinators though?

we beelieve you

I didn't know that either. I thought honey bees were pollinators though?
They are, they just don't pollinate a lot of native plant species. We have native plants that coevolved with specific insects for pollination and honeybees don't or sometimes physically cannot pollinate those species.

Honeybees are great for domestic vegetable and fruit flowers though.

VN Store

Back