Recruiting Football Talk VII

March 2, 1933

King Kong opened in New York City at Radio City Music Hall

In the classic adventure that made her a star, Fay Wray plays the beautiful woman who conquers the savage heart of a giant ape. Traveling to an uncharted South Pacific island with an adventurer following tales of a God-Ape, Ann Darrow (Wray) is captured by the island's natives to serve as a human sacrifice to Kong.

But when Kong, a giant ape, sees Darrow, it is overcome with love—and eventually captured by the adventurers. Taken to New York and put on display, Kong breaks free and pursues Darrow through New York in one of the most famous scenes ever filmed.

Rotten Tomatoes raked it as the #1 Horror Film of all-time.
1709386597522.png

In a weird way Pruitt is responsible for saban retiring. We likely don't blow up NIL with Pruitt here because everybody in the building but Fulmer hated him. No Heupel second year and our NIL doesn't take off. I know its a stretch but maybe instead of sabatoging us, Pruitt actually screwed the bammers.
tmp.gif

Ladies basketball is not great, but it also isn't broken enough to go mortgaging donors to try and overhaul it. We have bigger fish to fry.

Just my 2 cents.

The talk of having enough money to do it all is a tad naive. I do like our current investment strategy, and most programs are making it count.

If LA Vol is proposing you shell out money, then that tells you it isn't just laying around. No offense to anyone intended. I just think perspective is relevant given we are at war with NCAA and spending generously in our major sports.
It’s about to be broken enough… And then you’ll be investing more later. Invest while it’s not so broken and get your return later. I figured Lady Vols were a little higher on that pyramid. And if players see it’s not getting the investment or attention other sports are getting, it’s just going to slip further. Before long they’ll be relocating th HOF at this rate
@LA Vol

I hope he can keep it for the last 40m though. That's where Lyle shines. He only ran indoor to get his first 60m to get on the same level as his finish
Yeah, I mean he's shown the ability to do it with insane times and finishes in the 100 but needs to consistently do it. Those longer legged guys usually close on him. Bolt for example had the best final 40-60

Reactions: knoxvol52
It’s about to be broken enough… And then you’ll be investing more later. Invest while it’s not so broken and get your return later. I figured Lady Vols were a little higher on that pyramid. And if players see it’s not getting the investment or attention other sports are getting, it’s just going to slip further. Before long they’ll be relocating th HOF at this rate
@LA Vol
Yeah, if you're not ready to spend what is required to renew the program, you can hire a new coach cheaper (like the GCU coach) to light a spark. At the worst it kicks the can down the road until you're ready. At best the coach figures it out.

"They committed clear violations"

> Proceeds to not list any of the "violations" and just expects everyone to take his word for it...I guess?

What kind of lazy **** is this? If you are saying something that goes against what everyone else in your profession is saying, you should probably bring some good evidence to back up the claim.
If you listen to the whole interview, it really reeks of wishful thinking guiding his analysis of the situation. He wasn’t thinking like a lawyer, he was thinking like a guy that hoped (for whatever reason) the AA would knock Tennessee down a peg.

For example, he said he believed that the judge would rule in favor of the NCAA on the ground that Spyre was making sham NIL deals that disguised a de facto pay-for-play scheme (which, to be fair, is what NIL has become). But why would he (a lawyer, mind you) think that would help in an antitrust case? When the rules themselves are on trial, how a party may have attempted to navigate around them is irrelevant, especially a non-party to the suit.

@LA Vol
To clarify, I’m by no means am diminishing anything the admin has done for athletics. Grateful for Danny and everyone. But there’s always room to get better

I have been thinking. It really doesn't make sense to make individual game threads for the baseball games, since they play so many. However, it doesn't really make sense to clog up this thread with multiple pages of in game comments. So I am offering up my services in making Official Baseball Weekend Series threads to post all the happenings of the Friday through Sunday baseball series each week. Thoughts?
Why oh why do you feel the need to torpedo our various sports programs now that we are finally getting to the awesome level?

Please, please, please, use some introspection, insight and good judgment in this situation.

You are one of the good guys. I would hate for you to have an accident. And by accident, we would just move @Weezer into your house until we are sure that you are safe. It sounds like an extreme punishment at first glance, but it actually is the appropriate punishment for you even jokingly suggesting that you should ever even think about being the creator of a game thread again.

@Weezer is packed and ready for insertion 😳

Don’t make the bad choice here. Think of your family and how much potential suffering that you could save them.

Actually @Glitch , you should consider yourself a hero by not giving in to your inner demon. 😇

Go Vols!

"They committed clear violations"

> Proceeds to not list any of the "violations" and just expects everyone to take his word for it...I guess?

What kind of lazy **** is this? If you are saying something that goes against what everyone else in your profession is saying, you should probably bring some good evidence to back up the claim.
Let's assume, just for argument's sake, that he's right and TN committed violations.

Don't matter if the rules were unconstitutional. Next.

At the risk of losing the rest of our baseball games? Does your lust for power know no boundaries, even after the football thread debacle?

Ah heck, why not.

I don’t expect better from @DD4ME 😇

But from you @DarthVol1 surely not even the Dark Side is prepared to unleash the horrors of a @Glitch game thread! The Sith want to rule, not end the space time continuum and destroy all of creation. For shame.

Come to the light: use your control of the force to stop that heinous evil act before it is too late. Remember that

15-0 🤠
Final Four and beyond 🤠
College World Series Championship 🤠

Are currently all on the table, but only if @Glitch is contained. 😎

Ooh, I like this. Way better than my yellow lab. Melted ice instead of drool on my beer! Even better, it comes without me needing to supply a cookie for service.
But does the mini-terminator wag it's tail and get excited when you tell him he is a good boy? I don't think so.

I was just messing since my threads are known to end promising seasons with heartache and sorrow.
Oh thank goodness. I guess I should contact @InVOLuntary and have him release @Weezer back into the Wild.
Nope, to make sure that you understand how serious your transgressions were, @Weezer will be spending the weekend with you and your lovely family.

Again, you seriously need to think about the consequences of your actions. 😇

Ron White GIFs | Tenor

Oh thank goodness. I guess I should contact @InVOLuntary and have him release @Weezer back into the Wild.
Nope, to make sure that you understand how serious your transgressions were, @Weezer will be spending the weekend with you and your lovely family.

Again, you seriously need to think about the consequences of your actions. 😇
I've thrown away the key to his cage.

But does the mini-terminator wag it's tail and get excited when you tell him he is a good boy? I don't think so.
On the other hand, if you've got a wife who counts beers "for your own good and health", the remote is far more covert, no? And I only have to issue a command once.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I have been thinking. It really doesn't make sense to make individual game threads for the baseball games, since they play so many. However, it doesn't really make sense to clog up this thread with multiple pages of in game comments. So I am offering up my services in making Official Baseball Weekend Series threads to post all the happenings of the Friday through Sunday baseball series each week. Thoughts?

Reactions: Glitch

VN Store

Back