Recruiting Football Talk VII

I can see how the Pittman OL draw is strong...but he built that persona elsewhere, with tons of dudes.

Last year?

His OL was 128th in sacks allowed and 109th is YPC...

I question how well he can develop those Ark style 3*s and low 4*s.

But I wish no ill will on any transfers. Do what you have to do. Thanks for your time.
Ouch. No idea it was that bad.

What does getting paid have to do with anything?

1) Players have been compensated since they got scholarships.

2) Why should entitled fans think it's ok to treat other human beings like **** just because someone else is getting paid? Should we hurl obscenities at musicians too? Or act like grown ass adults 🤔

Entitled fans are the worst. Guarantee you they'd never say that shiz in front of their own DB's face. Why does a ticket entitle anyone to talk down to someone in a way they would NEVER in any other part of society?

Their parents must be proud...classless.
Have to say I agree with this. But also agree with McGill in that fans are going to think players are being paid to perform and's will become more obnoxious when they don’t. Unfortunately players will have to learn how to shut out the noise.

Bias TV announcers get on my nerves lol. Ik many dont care bout women's bball & neither do I really. I just like watchin good players but this Iowa & Ohio St game. My Lord its obvious who they're for. Girl for Ohio St just got to 30pts & they erupted "my goodness who can stop her" as Caitlin Clark has 43 & not a word bout it.... 😂😂
The upset is always a bigger story vs a stud doing their thing.

Fwiw Iowa lost.

Have to say I agree with this. But also agree with McGill in that fans are going to think players are being paid to perform and's will become more obnoxious when they don’t. Unfortunately players will have to learn how to shut out the noise.

Yeah but fans are dumb. That’s a silly bad faith argument. Restaurant workers get paid to perform their job. Should we talk sh*t to them when they have a bad day? And then talk more sh*t to them when they ask why we’re being the way we’re being? Tell them to suck it up and get over it bc they’re being paid.

I don’t mean that towards you, I know you’re not arguing for it.

What does getting paid have to do with anything?

1) Players have been compensated since they got scholarships.

2) Why should entitled fans think it's ok to treat other human beings like **** just because someone else is getting paid? Should we hurl obscenities at musicians too? Or act like grown ass adults 🤔

Entitled fans are the worst. Guarantee you they'd never say that shiz in front of their own DB's face. Why does a ticket entitle anyone to talk down to someone in a way they would NEVER in any other part of society?

Their parents must be proud...classless.
Do we live in the same society?

Anyway. I don't disagree, but I do wonder if the people who routinely make the argument you are making fully understand the implication. Fan bases who don't boo and don't get upset with poor results are apathetic fan bases that barely care. Like Titans fans.

I don't know why anyone would assume you get one of the most wildly passionate fan bases in the country if things are going well, and then those people, what, go hibernate like a Grizzly bear when things aren't?

I think people should understand there actually is a potential downside to playing somewhere that fills the stadium with 100k people and everyone in town knows who you are. It would be nice if there wasn't. It would also be nice if there was a marriage with no fighting, a job with no working, etc. Unfortunately we are here in the real world.

VN Store

Back