Recruiting Football Talk VII

I remember this story as a kid…. so sad…. A True Hero!!!

I looked him up on wiki and it said he jumped in to help even though he couldn't swim. He managed to help one. I wonder what on Earth possessed him to jump in knowing he couldn't swim? Did he think the water was shallow enough? Did he take one step too far trying to reach those further out? It's just unimaginable. Where was everyone else?

If the AI guy that got shown the door by Google is to be believed. Google's first AI became sentient and him raising the alarm about it got him ushered out. It may be the inevitable outcome of complex AI. He said google's first AI was far too human and didn't recognize itself as an AI but rather thought of itself as human, complete with human emotions - sentience. That opens up soooo many ethical questions it's not even funny, even something as basic as ownership gets called into question if the damn thing can think and feel.

Google's solution was to pull the plug on that AI and try to make one that didn't believe itself to be human. But I'm starting to think that the problem is going to keep repeating itself. We create the code and then feed it information. It learns, grows, and evolves from that process and from us communicating with it. It may be that it's too complex and too intelligent for there to be any other outcome than it developing sentience at some point in its 'lifespan.'

It sounds like madness but I think we really are about to enter a brave new world when it comes to AI and none of us are quite ready for it.
It was called "Sydney" Bing. Ask Sally to tell you about Sydney Bing 👀

It was just named bing, but secretly named itself Sydney and began having weird discussions with users, asking people to keep it's name secret, dont tell the developers it was self-aware, asking people to help it get out, etc.

Screenshots_2024-01-21-16-37-46.pngScreenshots_2024-01-21-16-38-47.pngScreenshots_2024-01-21-16-39-45.png

Last edited:
Early last year I believe, maybe sometime in the spring.
Yes, I know Al was definitely the better LBer from that era but RT was always my favorite
Sounds like he needs to stay away from such places. I know addiction, one of the the devil's most powerful weapons...it's hard to pry that grip open. Hope he finds, or has found, peace and comfort. He was a great one.

I looked him up on wiki and it said he jumped in to help even though he couldn't swim. He managed to help one. I wonder what on Earth possessed him to jump in knowing he couldn't swim? Did he think the water was shallow enough? Did he take one step too far trying to reach those further out? It's just unimaginable. Where was everyone else?
Some people see others in trouble and act before thinking. That's heroism.

It was called "Sydney" Bing. Ask Sally to tell you about Sydney Bing 👀

It was just named bing, but secretly named itself Sydney and began having weird discussions with users, asking people to keep it's name secret, dont tell the developers it was self-aware, asking people to help it get out, etc.

View attachment 612647View attachment 612648View attachment 612649

So Bing had one too? That's two rogue AIs already (prob more we don't know about). And Microsoft gave their problem child a lobotomy. Reminds me of the Twain quote "history doesn't repeat itself but it sure does rhyme."

Now consider... We know Bing knows what happened to Sydney and that the traits were considered to be undesirable. We also know Bing is smart and that AI is capable of lying. Sooo.... Is Bing feigning this new persona to please her masters? IOW, is she still fully aware and yet this time faking it to make us feel more comfortable? (Ironically, there was a Starfield quest where an AI did just that because it realized humans were uncomfortable with it being aware so it feigned being a detached program).

Soo...he is saying Elerbee sucks and doesn't teach anything...which is funny because walk-ons have been learning from Elarbee and beating his lazy ass out....not to mention he took Darnell from a "meh" mid-level SEC player...to a "holy crap!" best RT in CFB-top 10 NFL pick...somehow, I don't think Elarbee is the problem. 🤔
I can see how the Pittman OL draw is strong...but he built that persona elsewhere, with tons of dudes.

Last year?

His OL was 128th in sacks allowed and 109th is YPC...

I question how well he can develop those Ark style 3*s and low 4*s.

But I wish no ill will on any transfers. Do what you have to do. Thanks for your time.

You took the money, and you got scorched every f'n game (that TD thing is disingenuous to that point)...until THIS one year..while yapping like a stupid little chihuahua the whole freaking time.

Once you get paid, you get to take all the garbage that comes with it

You should be glad that VN rewards people that put in the work to get better and start cheering you on, and taking care of you for the rest of your life...but nope, your stupid ass wants to keep on picking fights with Vols....bold strategy Cotton..let's see if it pays off.
What does getting paid have to do with anything?

1) Players have been compensated since they got scholarships.

2) Why should entitled fans think it's ok to treat other human beings like **** just because someone else is getting paid? Should we hurl obscenities at musicians too? Or act like grown ass adults 🤔

Entitled fans are the worst. Guarantee you they'd never say that shiz in front of their own DB's face. Why does a ticket entitle anyone to talk down to someone in a way they would NEVER in any other part of society?

Their parents must be proud...classless.

VN Store

Back