Recruiting Football Talk VII

I remember getting SIs in the mail and loving the first 10 pages of photos.

It was what made it different.

Then ESPN mag tried to play in that arena.

Then everyone became a photographer with smart phones and the illustration aspect lost its relevance.

And now that everyone is also a writer and it’s easy to start a blog or site the content has also become irrelevant.

Yep, just hit 'em when they come. I know most players need volume to start "feeling" it but both are more than capable of reaching those numbers.

Of course even at those % it wouldn't push either to 15 points per game with their attempts...it would just offer some consistent secondary scoring so we don't have such long droughts when DK is on the bench.

JJJ has had 6 games where he hit 2 or fewer shots, and still took north of 5 attempts on average. Santi's had 10 games hitting 2 or less from the field and 3 where he didn't hit a shot.

But to act like the team and players don't know this is silly. They're constantly working on improving and adjusting things to allow for the offense to have less droughts. DK being the dude he is and Aidoo's increased role I don't think many other guys are going to push to average 12 points a game on this team. But JJJ & Santi both didn't return to shoot the ball 12 or more times a game and rack up points, they came back to win.

JJJ isn’t a 3 ball shooter and won’t be expected to hit those shots if he makes it in the NBA.JJJ coming back to play was a draft favor by Barnes to get is percentages up because coming out of the draft tryouts last year they told him his shooting needed to improve to better his draft stock.Barnes needs to play him to his strengths instead of trying to fix what he will never be.

JJJ would flourish in a Admiral Schofield role.he rebounds well for his size and his midrange is automatic..him being out on the wing is strictly for draft tape and it hurts us in the long run down the stretch.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I wonder who Bama would have offered if DeBoer turned them down? I seriously doubt Rees was a serious candidate, so would they have swallowed their pride and offered Kiffin?
they got Lanning, Sark and Norvell raises. They would have had to make a panic hire for Dabo, I think. I don't know if Kiffin ever was or ever would have been an option.

Once you swing and miss on the first half-dozen, it starts to turn into what we went through.

If this team makes the playoffs, I won't complain about opt outs. Would mean we had a helluva good year.....and if I do lose my mind over an opt out, I'll deny ever making this post.
If your in the playoffs and opt out just to opt out you should lose your scholarship. NIL contracts should stipulate this or you lose the money. At some point these universities have to be protected to a degree. You should not get a free scholarship and get paid good money just to opt out of playoffs. There has to be some safeguards put in place. Heck even the pro’s are bound by contracts college players should not get to pick and chose when they want to play exclusively and still expect to be paid and get a free education. Still most kids are going to want to play in playoffs. But for those that are just playing the system there has to be safeguards put in place. We need a strong governing body that can make this work. I have nothing against players making money, but you shouldn’t be allowed to transfer at the drop of the hat or sit out playoff games and keep getting paid and free schooling. GBO

BBall Q. Why are JJJ and Viscovi not producing more? At this point, I'd think JJJ would be a prolific offensive contributor. Though, with Kinect now scoring so well, maybe that hampers the output.
I think it is that they don't have to. They can be more of the role players they need to be and not have to carry a team.

No Norvell turned them down, Deboer was after the first three said no thanks i believe...
Forgot which talking head said it, but they basically called it. Said KD would be the hire but was at the highest #4/5 on the board. Said if it ever got to him he’d accept on the spot. But if you ask Josh Pate, bama knocked it out of the park with the hire and that the SEC better be put on notice.

From today's article on The Athletic. JJJ and SV have both actually seen their offensive efficiency go up this year. Volume has just gone down because they're pushing DK to take over games.
Winning mentality from these seniors. They each will have a big game to help this team win before the end of the year.

JJJ isn’t a 3 ball shooter and won’t be expected to hit those shots if he makes it in the NBA.JJJ coming back to play was a draft favor by Barnes to get is percentages up because coming out of the draft tryouts last year they told him his shooting needed to improve to better his draft stock.Barnes needs to play him to his strengths instead of trying to fix what he will never be.

JJJ would flourish in a Admiral Schofield role.he rebounds well for his size and his midrange is automatic..him being out on the wing is strictly for draft tape and it hurts us in the long run down the stretch.
First, Admiral was a wing. Admiral shot almost five 3’s per game his last two years and shot 40 and 41%. Grant was the 4, and Kyle was the 5.

Second, JJJ does primarily play the 4 this year. They mostly rotate Aidoo and Awaka. Every once in a while, they will play both. But ZZ, SV, and DK are 1-3.

JJJ can hit 3’s. Just needs consistency. In fact, he’s shooting it better this year than his last 3 years. JJJ would play the 3 in the NBA.

VN Store

Back