Recruiting Football Talk VII

Its amazing to me how our opponents never commit any live ball penalties. That is what gets me, no way that is right. Its not just the stuff called on us, its what's not called on our opponents. The missed holding calls are just egregious.
I dont really mind the calls on us. I figure pretty much every team should get somewhere between 5-10 penalties a game. It's absurd to think any team can play a complete game with 0 live ball penalties. . . then another team with zero penalties the following week. . . then a 3rd team with just a couple penalties on the next week.

If Mizzou doesn't get at least 4+ live ball penalties, it'll be hard to deny that its rigged that way.

No team ever plays a perfect game and wins. . . if they play a perfect game, then they aren't playing hard enough, imo. . . if that makes sense.

I dont really mind the calls on us. I figure pretty much every team should get somewhere between 5-10 penalties a game. It's absurd to think any team can play a complete game with 0 live ball penalties. . . then another team with zero penalties the following week. . . then a 3rd team with just a couple penalties on the next week.

If Mizzou doesn't get at least 4+ live ball penalties, it'll be hard to deny that its rigged that way.

No team ever plays a perfect game and wins. . . if they play a perfect game, then they aren't playing hard enough, imo. . . if that makes sense.
I agree, if you play aggressive you will have penalties. I can live with 6 or 8 a game, that's normal to me and I don't think that shows lack of discipline necessarily. But to have the bammers not get called for half a dozen offensive holds was criminal. Its wasn't even interior lineman, there tackles held the entire second half.

They asked Dobbs if he knew the names of coaches and the players and he said he knew a lot of first names and nicknames but that he'd be bad teammate if they asked him about names today. Then the reporter follows that up with what about Brandon Powell? Did you know Brandon's name before you threw him the TD? And Dobbs gets this dark mischievous look and is like "yeah I did know, cause he went to Florida so I got a little beef with him because he's a Florida guy and I'm a Tennessee guy but I told him, I like him today. Today we're on the same side - so it's all good."

Last edited:
@Ulysees E. McGill

1cfdEJw.gif
Lol..

No doubt, I'm almost past the incompetent theory and am headed toward believing its on purpose. Whatever reason for it is irrelevant. Just do better and be fair, good grief. I'm almost in conspiracy theory territory......never been there before.
Don't hesitate...just give in to the absolute truth.

It’s amazing to me how our opponents never commit any live ball penalties. That is what gets me, no way that is right. It’s not just the stuff called on us, it’s what's not called on our opponents. The missed holding calls are just egregious.
Were there any against UConn? The illegal procedure (two guys in motion) is a pre-snap penalty.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back