Recruiters on this staff

Because his ability to recruit at Miami was proven, and even better was his record as a DC. If Dooley had hired him last year...it would have saved his job.

His ability to recruit players to Miami? I could recruit S. FL kids to Miami and I have never set foot in that area, just saying.

Also, I won't mention the Dooley hiring him comment because, well, he didn't and Dooley is no longer the coach at UT. :hi:

James Stone was bama all the way. .. Dooley flipped him.

The reason Stone was all Bama was because he hated Kiffin. After Kiffin was gone that door opened back up...

Reactions: 1 person
Let our team show some resilience this yr and win 6 games plus 1 we aren't supposed to and recruiting momentum will pick up. Example you ask? Ole Miss. Freeze and staff came in last yr and overachieved with the players they had. Without a doubt that helped their cause this recruiting cycle.

Lets let them get a chance to recruit before we talk replacements, if they can coach then recruiting won't be an issue.

this could not be more completely and utterly wrong. it is scary that some of you actually believe this..

Maybe he should ask Derek Green, Derek Henry and Jonathan Ford.

Right, since it should be expected that with the current state of our program we should be able to beat out Alabama, or Auburn for a lifelong Auburn fan, or get someone that just liked the stability at Michigan better (also whom hubbs had said would've been here if the staff had been retained). What have you seen from our running game or program over the past few years that an elite RB should jump at?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not getting Von Bell is inexcusable. .02 cents
:ermm:
Stephen Hargis ‏@StephenHargis
Vonn Bells dad told me "this is bc of Dooley. If UT had recruited Vonn from day 1 he'd be going there. Coach Jones had 2 much ground 2 covr"

Stephen Hargis ‏@StephenHargis
One more from vonns dad "UT was dead in the watr when butch jones took ovr. Aftr dooley, vonn had no interest in UT."

^BS excuse...Why show interest over the past month plus if we were dead in the water when Jones took over

the biggest question mark on this staff is jancek by far. idk what his recruiting style is (eg, he may be a relationship builder rather than closer), but hus name was noticeably absent for the "big name" defensive recruits we were after and his on-field coaching at UGA doesn't fill me with a ton of confidence.

^BS excuse...Why show interest over the past month plus if we were dead in the water when Jones took over

He used us for signing day drama. He was scheduled to be on ESPN and everyone knew Alabama was out so he used us.

Basilio said something that caught my attention yesterday. He said that Butch Jones is going to learn over time that this staff lacks recruiters. After losing out on some big time recruits today. Who might be some "recruiters" that we might look into hireing?

I would say your mistake was listening to Basilio.

Basilio said something that caught my attention yesterday. He said that Butch Jones is going to learn over time that this staff lacks recruiters. After losing out on some big time recruits today. Who might be some "recruiters" that we might look into hireing?

i believe this is common knowledge with anybody that knows football. best staff in the country is the only thing that was funny today.

Compared to auburn they lack recruiters.

That staff is sick and they came in and brought their relationships with recruits with them.

Bringing the relationships is the key. Our staff could turn out to be great recruiters, but they have no relationships yet. I still think Jancek was a bad decision. I don't mind Mahoney as much because CBJ needs HIS guys on offense, but we could have gone bigger at DC than a former SEC bust who isn't that great of a recruiter.

Right, since it should be expected that with the current state of our program we should be able to beat out Alabama, or Auburn for a lifelong Auburn fan, or get someone that just liked the stability at Michigan better (also whom hubbs had said would've been here if the staff had been retained). What have you seen from our running game or program over the past few years that an elite RB should jump at?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Excuses. That's all we get. Excuses. I could make an excuse for every kid in America.

Excuse making is why we are here. We excused Fulmer's record for many years and have been messing it up and making excuses ever since.

the biggest question mark on this staff is jancek by far. idk what his recruiting style is (eg, he may be a relationship builder rather than closer), but hus name was noticeably absent for the "big name" defensive recruits we were after and his on-field coaching at UGA doesn't fill me with a ton of confidence.

His coordinator experience is 1 year as Co-coordinator at UGA (fired) along with Matinez and 2 years co-coordinator at Cincinnati and 1 year as the actual coordinator at Cincinnati. That's just not alot there to sell imo.

When did recruiters become recruiters?

I remembers Lawson's saying he was disappointed with Jancek.

what worries me is that none of these guys really has sec experience except for graham, thigpen, and martinez. all the other guys maybe spent one year with an sec program at best and are otherwise big ten guys and foreigners to the area, so they are already at a disadvantage because their names arent even relevant to coaches and families around here. also when martinez was at uga all those fans did was complain about him being incompetent and what not, which does not bode well for the team that was 108th in defense last year.

Bringing the relationships is the key. Our staff could turn out to be great recruiters, but they have no relationships yet. I still think Jancek was a bad decision. I don't mind Mahoney as much because CBJ needs HIS guys on offense, but we could have gone bigger at DC than a former SEC bust who isn't that great of a recruiter.

yup. Pittman brought Dan skipper and reeve Koehler to arky.

Steele should have been hired over Jancek.. Might not be the greatest DC, but lights out recruiter and this team needs ball players

No, he's not. He thinks, like most sunshine pumpers here...that his buds are "good enough."

Randy Shannon could have gotten you Lawson, Bell and Levenberry and a few others. If CBJ wants to give himself an uphill battle in coaching, so be it. Too bad we have to get dragged along for the ride, imagining that things aren't really as bad as they seem.

I don't understand why Shannon is having trouble getting a DC job. maybe he's a close talker and has terrible breath

VN Store

Back