Recruiters on this staff

bigdan

Basilio said something that caught my attention yesterday. He said that Butch Jones is going to learn over time that this staff lacks recruiters. After losing out on some big time recruits today. Who might be some "recruiters" that we might look into hireing?

Lets let them get a chance to recruit before we talk replacements, if they can coach then recruiting won't be an issue.

Reactions: 2 people
Basilio said something that caught my attention yesterday. He said that Butch Jones is going to learn over time that this staff lacks recruiters. After losing out on some big time recruits today. Who might be some "recruiters" that we might look into hireing?

Basilio doesn't know ****

Reactions: 4 people
Where is Bajakian and Jancek?! Butch, Thig and Jay cant do this alone! Butch made his own bed by blindly believing this staff was the best in the country. Come on Butch...really?!! Why didnt he bring in a top-notch DC?? That was his biggest mistake. Bet hes kicking himself right about now.

Reactions: 4 people
Thigpen and Graham are a couple of the best, without question. Jones seems to have the tenacity as well, but he has to learn against the big boys. The rest, pretty unproven to say the least.

It's not the lack of recruiters on the the staff it's the less than a month they had the build relationships with these guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
This staff has two very good recruiters in Thig and CJG and one average one in Elder. The rest are mediocre at best.

Compared to auburn they lack recruiters.

That staff is sick and they came in and brought their relationships with recruits with them.

Reactions: 1 person

If that were true and consider the source, it will be too late to hire so called recruiting coaches. CBJ has to turn the 2014 recruiting class into something fantastic with the current staff.

Where is Bajakian and Jancek?! Butch, Thig and Jay cant do this alone! Butch made his own bed by blindly believing this staff was the best in the country. Come on Butch...really?!! Why didnt he bring in a top-notch DC?? That was his biggest mistake. Bet hes kicking himself right about now.
No, he's not. He thinks, like most sunshine pumpers here...that his buds are "good enough."

Randy Shannon could have gotten you Lawson, Bell and Levenberry and a few others. If CBJ wants to give himself an uphill battle in coaching, so be it. Too bad we have to get dragged along for the ride, imagining that things aren't really as bad as they seem.

Last edited:
I have seen this said a couple of time on the board, but how does anyone know that?
Because his ability to recruit at Miami was proven, and even better was his record as a DC. If Dooley had hired him last year...it would have saved his job.

Lets let them get a chance to recruit before we talk replacements, if they can coach then recruiting won't be an issue.

Auburn did alright...

They had a chance with this class... sure it was an uphill battle and this outcome can be justified but one thing is clear, they proved they aren't elite recruiters. It can be argued Dooley's first class was better... and he only had 2 weeks right?

James Stone was bama all the way. .. Dooley flipped him.

Not getting Von Bell is inexcusable. .02 cents

Last edited:
Tee Martin will be job hunting after the 2013 season. He might swallow some crow and return to UT.

Sorry but the way he turned his back on us, I wouldn't give him another chance. I know he contacted UT before he went to USC from Kentucky, but I feel he knew the fans wanted him bad. He turned his back on the fans and that I cannot forgive.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back