Recruit says that the offense will be explosive under Pruitt! Pruitt told him!

Just based off the offers that have been handed out, it seems like a greater emphasis will be put on the passing game, and with Callaway, hopefully JJ, Johnson, Taylor, and another blue-chip recruit like Copeland, the receiving corps will provide plenty of punch. Just hope the O-Line can hold up long enough.

*Edit: Can't forget to include Kelly out of the backfield when discussing the passing game. Tight ends need a lot of work. Larry Scott did us no favors at that position. Hopefully Warren is a stud.

Hopefully we can pull Van Jefferson too.

I would expect nothing less however we've been reminded the last few yrs that recruiting doesn't win games.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far, though.

What last few years showed was that the best Cincy Bearcat staff in America could recruit well in SEC, but could not develop players, and do X's and O's during games required to win even against traditional punching bags such as Vandy, Kentucky and SCjr. The difference with this new staff is that they have all proven that they can be very sucessful doing everything necessary to win at the highest level (except the HC job itself). I'm so excited about the future - there is no doubt we are finally back after the misery of last 10 years. :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Outside of offering these kids an education and/or illegal gifts, there's just little chance a coach is going to tell a 5, 4, 3, or even 2 star recruit,

"Hey, our offense is going to be dull, lethargic, and basically non-existent. Come play for us at the University of Tennessee."

His system was explosive in the same way that diarrhea can be explosive.

Yeah, you said it well. I suppose you could say that Larry Scott's offensive system at UT "Exploded in a downward spiral... kinda like diarrhea plummeting down a well-oiled commode."

I think it would be obvious that there's going to be a bump in the offense and defensive performance for next year. The Spectre of Butch Jones getting fired has been lifted from the team to worry about. Now all they have is the high of a new coach that is coming from the Alabama Dynasty. I got a feeling these kids would run to a brick wall if this coach told them to. Butch Jones Lost the team about two games into the season.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol. What else was he going to say? “Come to Tennessee. We are going to have the most boring and ineffective offense you’ve ever seen! Roll Tide!” That said, it is a good sign for him that his pitch appears to be working to some degree though.

What the heck is going on with Volnation today?! Lots of negativity. Ding dong the wicked witch (Butch)is gone. Get excited about this new chapter we're embarking on and get over the past.

I don't think any offensive coordinator in the last 20 years has a system that isn't supposed to be explosive...

it depends on "how" demonstrative you are and if recruits feel you can back it up...but, you still have to "back it up"...and only time will tell that...:)

GO VOLS!

I would expect nothing less however we've been reminded the last few yrs that recruiting doesn't win games.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far, though.

Exactly how I feel atm. I gotta have results this time around. Real, beat Floriduh consistently, results.

Dooleys offenses were fun to watch, we just couldn't stop anyone

Yeah because Channey was the OC. He is now at Georgia. I think Butch was a control freak and wouldnt let his coaches coach. There was a reason Jalen Hurd left alone with some other players.

Reactions: 1 person
You can really tell just how down trodden our fans are. I mean some are getting excited because our HC is telling recruits our offense will be explosive. Lol.

Even if it is coach speak, I don't see how the offense could get any worse than it was this year. Mularky's system was run the same play or formation 50 times and eventually we will break one for a long gain. I hope we take the delay handoff out of the playbook.

jeez... replace Butch with Mike Mularky and it's like virtually the same.

:angry: :bad:

#100 :)

I'm still waiting to see the offense under Pruitt, but I do predict the defense will be much better under Pruitt, not that the defense could get much worse :popcorn:

VN Store

Back