Randy Shannon - Rumor (pretty reliable)

Who really thinks that if they offered john chavis the job, that he would say yes before the national championship game!?? If he did say yes it would be after that game that it came out. And why would you not want him back? This program needs stability. he brings it. What i want to know where does his two sons live anybody have a clue?
And here is something to show you just how much he did love this place. Notes: Chavis gets emotional about UT - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

Get what? Your opinion? :loco: And you got your info from where, now?

Sorry, that was MY point. Where do YOU get your rinformation? Keep trollin', gumby!

For the record, I'm not saying I'd pick Shannon as our eventual HC, but I didn't find this take in prior threads.

What do you think?

The bridge is strong with this one.

Who really thinks that if they offered john chavis the job, that he would say yes before the national championship game!?? If he did say yes it would be after that game that it came out. And why would you not want him back? This program needs stability. he brings it. What i want to know where does his two sons live anybody have a clue?
And here is something to show you just how much he did love this place. Notes: Chavis gets emotional about UT - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

I think the story of them offering Chief before the NC is utter bull, personally.

I can't create a new thread with this because I'm a rookie, but someone may want to create a new thread with this...

PayneInsider.com is the alleged ESPN insider source out of Miami. He's a handicapper and hosts a radio show on ESPN radio so his information may or may not be credible. But he's not an ESPN journalist. He's saying that Shannon has taken the job. Link -http://twitter.com/payneinsider

Coaches | By The Numbers., a site similar to footballscoop.com, is reporting that Steele stated that there was nothing to the TN coaching rumors. Link -http://twitter.com/CoachesBTN

Take it for what it's worth.

wesrucker247 Wes Rucker
Dooley would like to hire a DC in next 48-72 hours. Might be Randy Shannon. We'll see. Source says process "nowhere near" that point though.

wesrucker247 Wes Rucker
Dooley would like to hire a DC in next 48-72 hours. Might be Randy Shannon. We'll see. Source says process "nowhere near" that point though.
Why do you keep posting the same thing in multiple threads?

No they wouldn't and we're not throwing money at him prior to his NC game.

Chavis spurns UT offer to remain at LSUThe Tennessean3 hours ago - 87 clicksLSU defensive coordinator John Chavis is so happy where he's at, he recently turned down a $1 million offer to return to Tennessee

We are clearly not on the same planet. The planet where you're from, the creatures know it all. AND, they like to argue to make themselves appear intelligent. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.
Did I mention I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

:eek:hmy:

Chavis spurns UT offer to remain at LSUThe Tennessean3 hours ago - 87 clicksLSU defensive coordinator John Chavis is so happy where he's at, he recently turned down a $1 million offer to return to Tennessee

We are clearly not on the same planet. The planet where you're from, the creatures know it all. AND, they like to argue to make themselves appear intelligent. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.
Did I mention I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

:eek:hmy:

pretty sure that rumor came from Hyams and was not correct

pretty sure that rumor came from Hyams and was not correct

So multiple sources are reporting this based on a rumor Hyams started? Hyams have sudden credibility with all the reporters in Knoxville? Surely there are more roots to it then Hyams rumor...

I keep seeing all these posts about TN has talked to him and working out deals, but none of the UT insiders are even addressing it. I know some of these guys get a bad rap from most of you, but if it was this close then wouldn't they be reporting something. I don't see hardly anything on the internet about it either. I am different from most on here as I don't have any connections to the program, but just looking at it logically from the outside; I don't think it is that serious. I hope it is, but I really don't think so.

Reactions: 1 person
Even then, be cautious. I remember reading an article on espn.com about how Coach Cut had officially turned down Duke.

and Cut had accepted the UT HC job, Miles was confirmed to Michigan, etc

waiting on ESPN isn't always a solid plan

I keep seeing all these posts about TN has talked to him and working out deals, but none of the UT insiders are even addressing it. I know some of these guys get a bad rap from most of you, but if it was this close then wouldn't they be reporting something. I don't see hardly anything on the internet about it either. I am different from most on here as I don't have any connections to the program, but just looking at it logically from the outside; I don't think it is that serious. I hope it is, but I really don't think so.

It's perfectly understandable to be skeptical, but I would be absolutely shocked if UT hasn't even spoken with Shannon.

In the last five years I have learned that you can almost bank on the opposite of whatever is coming from Knoxville media.

VN Store

Back