Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

Son graduates college end of May and is strongly considering it
I can't speak much to today's Air Force, but it was great for me. I was an enlisted troop and spent 25+ years on active duty and I'd do it again.

It's a great place to get your feet wet as an officer or enlisted.

I can't speak much to today's Air Force, but it was great for me. I was an enlisted troop and spent 25+ years on active duty and I'd do it again.

It's a great place to get your feet wet as an officer or enlisted.
Thank you for the info. He has a buddy from high school that's been in the Army the last 4 years that he's been talking too. He wants to get his Masters and possibly PhD after he's done serving if they'll pay for it.

Thank you for the info. He has a buddy from high school that's been in the Army the last 4 years that he's been talking too. He wants to get his Masters and possibly PhD after he's done serving if they'll pay for it.
He can work on his educational goals while serving. I've known enlisted and officers that earned their Masters while serving. Some of which was in deployed locations. It's tough, but doable.

Reactions: Vol since 77
He can work on his educational goals while serving. I've known enlisted and officers that earned their Masters while serving. Somr of which was in deployed locations. It's tough, but doable.
He's considering this option for sure. If he furthers his education, he wants to become a sports and entertainment agent (lawyer). He's a smart young man, graduating with a 3.7 GPA. Of course, he could end up loving the Air Force and that be his career. 🤷‍♂️

He's considering this option for sure. If he furthers his education, he wants to become a sports and entertainment agent (lawyer). He's a smart young man, graduating with a 3.7 GPA. Of course, he could end up loving the Air Force and that be his career. 🤷‍♂️
Awesome! The Air Force has every discipline that the civilian world does. We don't make the money they do, however, when we return to civilian life, the doors are all there and open. The big thing with the military is moving and getting to see the world on Uncle Sam's dime. It's a good thing!

Reactions: Vol since 77
Awesome! The Air Force has every discipline that the civilian world does. We don't make the money they do, however, when we return to civilian life, the doors are all there and open. The big thing with the military is moving and getting to see the world on Uncle Sam's dime. It's a good thing!
I agree Mal! Thanks again!

Reactions: malinoisvol
My oldest and her husband have been in for 6 years, about to be out, but doing reserves. They've both been going to school while enlisted, and he's going to be a Dr. They're paying everything so far, that I know of. If he does, have you been to San Antonio? We loved that trip for her graduation from basics. If you go, try to make time to spend time downtown, it was awesome, especially the Alamo.

My oldest and her husband have been in for 6 years, about to be out, but doing reserves. They've both been going to school while enlisted, and he's going to be a Dr. They're paying everything so far, that I know of. If he does, have you been to San Antonio? We loved that trip for her graduation from basics. If you go, try to make time to spend time downtown, it was awesome, especially the Alamo.
That's awesome Joe! I've been to San Antonio and the Alamo, but I was a kid and don't remember much of it. I'm sure we'll check it out if/when he gets to that point.

Reactions: joevol33
That's awesome Joe! I've been to San Antonio and the Alamo, but I was a kid and don't remember much of it. I'm sure we'll check it out if/when he gets to that point.
If it happens later remind me, I can recommend an awesome restaurant that Vollygirl told me about.

If it happens later remind me, I can recommend an awesome restaurant that Vollygirl told me about.
Will do. He's set on doing it, just wants them to put everything in writing for him because he's like me and trusts no one outside of close family. One of his professors currently is an attorney (part time professor) and they have a good relationship. He offered to look over the Air Force offer once it's in writing for our son, just to make sure everything is legit.

Will do. He's set on doing it, just wants them to put everything in writing for him because he's like me and trusts no one outside of close family. One of his professors currently is an attorney (part time professor) and they have a good relationship. He offered to look over the Air Force offer once it's in writing for our son, just to make sure everything is legit.
Best of luck to him!

Josephine St Cafe

It's not downtown. Locals spot.
View attachment 627566
I'd like to go back for about a week. Volly recommend a Mexican restaurant, and it was awesome. Not just the food, but the atmosphere. It was my birthday, and Tiffany got their Mariachi band to do happy birthday for me. Shops behind the restaurant, with a street magician who picked the girls for help. It was a fun experience. The tortillas at the restaurant, literally like cotton candy almost, never had anything like them.

I'd like to go back for about a week. Volly recommend a Mexican restaurant, and it was awesome. Not just the food, but the atmosphere. It was my birthday, and Tiffany got their Mariachi band to do happy birthday for me. Shops behind the restaurant, with a street magician who picked the girls for help. It was a fun experience. The tortillas at the restaurant, literally like cotton candy almost, never had anything like them.
If the restaurant isn't making them fresh, don't go.

Reactions: joevol33
Just had the crap scared out if me🤣. I've had the bedroom window open on my side, to help our out the bathroom from the shower install. I heard what sounded like a cough almost right at the window, so I grabbed my gun and ran outside. It was the neighbor's dog, he was laying by the house, and huffing at a bunch of deer in my yard 🤣

VN Store

Back