Random thoughts/stats/discussion after 4 games

I don't see how it would, but agree to disagree.

Fair enough for sure but these new rules are already a problem for bangers. I am just afraid toning that style down even more is really stacking the deck and making a player like that play passively

Not trying to convince you but I do think it not as simple as just correcting the fouls

Reactions: 1 person
Somehow you two are arguing over Jabaris fouls per min. Amazing lol.

I didn't mean to start this ...but it's getting good! At least someone is giving JB some love! I think if he plays more, he will learn what not to do...it's like when he is out there, he gives his all and tries to do it in a rushing manner because he knows he will be sitting down soon. Jabari is fine with coming off the bench! Remember: he only played 8 games last year as a freshman ...now it's new Rules for a foul proned post player....believe me, he will get better!
In his defense, I must say that majority of the players on this team and other college level teams make mistakes. To name a few, not looking up the floor on a fast break, missing lay ups, bad passes, not going up for a rebound with two hands, etc...NO TEAM IS PERFECT! STOP CRITICIZING THESE YOUNG MEN FOR BEING HUMAN BASKETBALL PLAYERS! LOL! I TELL YOU WHAT, LET'S RECRUIT ROBOTS! Let's go VOLBOTS! (BTW...THAT'S SARCASM)....

IMO I would play McGee without hesitation of fouls until he gets his 3rd in the first half.

And I would do the same until he has 4 in the second half.

Under that plan I think he would end up getting about 20min a game which is where I would assume the coaches want him

Just seems silly taking him out after 2fouls in the 1st half

Gee...do I AGREE!

I get what you're saying, but it's obvious by how it's played out that's not how Barnes will play it. Moral of the story is, if McGhee cut out the "dumb" fouls this wouldn't be an issue either way.

BTO...I WORK HARD ON TRYING TO LIKE YOU! HOWEVER, YOU THRIVE ON BEING A "DUMB" DONKEY! LOL...YES, I understand what u are saying but my sensitive/girly side hates your adjectives!

BTO...I WORK HARD ON TRYING TO LIKE YOU! HOWEVER, YOU THRIVE ON BEING A "DUMB" DONKEY! LOL...YES, I understand what u are saying but my sensitive/girly side hates your adjectives!

Guess what, I'm a big boy, I won't cry about you calling me dumb :thumbsup:

You really think Barnes wants him playing 25min?

That sounds high.

What's the most fouls in a game he has this year?

He's had four Just like Armani. As a matter of fact they both have a total of 13 fouls for the season. Hmm....

I think bottom line you expect kids (these are 18, 19, 20 year olds of course in some cases) to make silly mistakes. Maybe silly is a better word than dumb. But I don't think anyone is insulting Jabari or any player when we talk about their mistakes. I don't feel bad saying Jabari makes dumb fouls because it comes with the territory of being young and the type of player Jabari is anyway.

I know you probably love him to death Jabby and Auntie, but don't take the criticism to heart. We were eager to see him back and it might take a little longer to see him develop than some though. But he seems to be a hard worker and that will go a long way.

He's had four Just like Armani. As a matter of fact they both have a total of 13 fouls for the season. Hmm....

Lulz

Armani has played 128 minutes, McGhee has played 57, and as you pointed out both have the same number of fouls committed, you don't see the issue there? Lol.

McGhee has the worst foul/minute ratio of anyone averaging double digit minutes on the team, instead of trying to justify it or make excuses why not help Jabari improve on it?

Yes I do, if he could do it while avoiding foul trouble. He won't play him 18 minutes in one half, but I think he's a guy Barnes would love to play 10-12 minutes a half.

He had 4 fouls against GT in 20 minutes.

Along with 10'pts, 1 steal and 4 boards in those same 20 mins oh but never mind the positive stuff.

I think bottom line you expect kids (these are 18, 19, 20 year olds of course in some cases) to make silly mistakes. Maybe silly is a better word than dumb. But I don't think anyone is insulting Jabari or any player when we talk about their mistakes. I don't feel bad saying Jabari makes dumb fouls because it comes with the territory of being young and the type of player Jabari is anyway.

I know you probably love him to death Jabby and Auntie, but don't take the criticism to heart. We were eager to see him back and it might take a little longer to see him develop than some though. But he seems to be a hard worker and that will go a long way.

Exactly, nothing I'm saying is dogging him, if anything it should be taken as a compliment towards Jabari. I am trying to explain what McGhee needs to do to see more minutes as some family members were questioning his lack of minutes. He has proven he can be impactful, but he's not of much use if he's riding the pine, it's a compliment that I'm saying he would be a better option than Alexander/Kasongo/Schofield, but of course that part is ignored.

Along with 10'pts, 1 steal and 4 boards in those same 20 mins oh but never mind the positive stuff.

AD

I know BTO has purposely posted things here to get to you guys before. Honestly this discussion tonight wasn't that way. In fact he was being very complementary on things at times tonight. He even said he thought 25min was the amount of time McGee should play.

This might be the only time it happens but I am defending BTO this time

Reactions: 2 people
Lulz

Armani has played 128 minutes, McGhee has played 57, and as you pointed out both have the same number of fouls committed, you don't see the issue there? Lol.

McGhee has the worst foul/minute ratio of anyone averaging double digit minutes on the team, instead of trying to justify it or make excuses why not help Jabari improve on it?

I'm not justifying anything. Like Ive said before he needs to work on the fouling.

AD

I know BTO has purposely posted things here to get to you guys before. Honestly this discussion tonight wasn't that way. In fact he was being very complementary on things at times tonight. He even said he thought 25min was the amount of time McGee should play.

Defending him for what? I rarely post anymore. But every time I lost is not to argue. I make my observations just like y'all.

734b3tm.gif

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not justifying anything. Like Ive said before he needs to work on the fouling.

Ad

I have said I don't care about his fouling. I think it's part of his game that works for him

I am afraid he might lose his aggression if he is worried about fouls.

You buy any of that?

Ad

I have said I don't care about his fouling. I think it's part of his game that works for him

I am afraid he might lose his aggression if he is worried about fouls.

You buy any of that?

He will. That how he plays. Always has. With the new rules he will have to make adjustments. It won't happen overnight

VN Store

Back