RAID LSU! Unbelievable....

WOW sanddune..that had to be one of the biggest "Bust" classes of all time. Eric Berry and Gerald Jones only players in that class..whew. Pile that on top of the next years #35..no wonder Phil got canned.

Reactions: 1 person
MrVolton..I absolutely agree about Fulmers classes, but I was thinking about our current team really. How Dools total incompetence has caused such long lasting problems. I really don't see how his classes were ranked even that high. You have to have some serious misevaluation of talent to screw it up that bad.

Gotcha. There's a lot of fool's gold in both his and Kiffin's classes. Notably that 2002 #17 class where many of the 4* totally washed out and it included ZERO OL. I'm almost certain that a #17 Jones class would be >>> than a #17 Dooley class.

But also goes to show that our Tennessee Vols program is pretty great and still recruits itself to an extent, even during the worst of times. With a competent HC, we should rarely, if ever, finish outside the top 15, and almost never outside the top 20.

Last edited:
Miles is gone because of one reason. He cannot beat saban. Does anyone think fisher can win the sec west if he is the guy? I just don't see it. Fisher has done a great job at FSU but they don't have nearly the gauntlet to run through year in and out that LSU does. This will end up being a colossal failure.

Miles is gone because of one reason. He cannot beat saban. Does anyone think fisher can win the sec west if he is the guy? I just don't see it. Fisher has done a great job at FSU but they don't have nearly the gauntlet to run through year in and out that LSU does. This will end up being a colossal failure.

Personally, I dont see Jimbo taking the job. I know I wouldn't.

He's still buzzing roughly .500 in the SEC with premium talent. So people paying him multi millions expect their money's worth and they aren't getting it. And they are willing to double his salary for him to leave.

That's fine, but it doesn't fix your math, and it still doesn't make Miles' firing comparable to Fulmer's, which was the basis of my original comment.

Doesn't matter. LSU recruits itself. This is a great year for talent in the state of Louisiana so they're getting the #1 recruiting class regardless of who the coach is.

Les is being fired for UNDERACHIEVING given the talent at LSU. LSU has produced more NFL players than Alabama. As a result, Les has no excuse for being middle in the pack in the SEC West the last 3 years.

Given the talent in Louisiana, he should at worst be trading SEC West titles with Saban. Not losing the last 5 divisional crowns.

So about Les being fired....

How bout sec now has been on for over thirty minutes and has shown nor talked about anything but les miles. Get off his jock and show some damn highlights. You can harp on this crap tomorrow. Show the freakin game highlights sec network.

That's fine, but it doesn't fix your math, and it still doesn't make Miles' firing comparable to Fulmer's, which was the basis of my original comment.

If you need math to understand both lost OC's that pretty much made their paychecks and with Chief bailing on both of them...as comparable. I've got nothing else for you bro.

If you need math to understand both lost OC's that pretty much made their paychecks and with Chief bailing on both of them...as comparable. I've got nothing else for you bro.

Chavis did not bail on Fulmer.

Miles is a better coach than Fulmers as well.

Chavis didnt bail. He also wanted to stay but Kiffin brought his senile father with him.

Chavis then went to LSU and one another NC.

CPF was nothing without cutcliffe though as sanders and his final Oc showed.

Reactions: 2 people
Chavis didnt bail. He also wanted to stay but Kiffin brought his senile father with him.

Chavis then went to LSU and one another NC.

CPF was nothing without cutcliffe though as sanders and his final Oc showed.

His last OC failed because Fulmer wouldn't let him do his job. When the HC changes/nixes play calls who knows what the offense could've been.

WOW sanddune..that had to be one of the biggest "Bust" classes of all time. Eric Berry and Gerald Jones only players in that class..whew. Pile that on top of the next years #35..no wonder Phil got canned.

Firing Fulmer did wonders for the program didnt it? Look at how successful we have been since 2008.

Good for us. Put a real coach at LSU and we would have another Alabama to compete with in the SEC. Much like Richt, Led has underachieved given the talent at LSU. No excuse for finishing behind Ole Miss for 2 straight years.

No excuse for Saban losing to Ole Miss for the last two years or getting his butt handed to him by Oklahoma. But it happened.

Hiring was botched. Phil had to go. We would never have been better than mediocre. I guess you loved getting butt hammered by Florida, Bama and UGA every year?

Hiring was botched. Phil had to go. We would never have been better than mediocre. I guess you loved getting butt hammered by Florida, Bama and UGA every year?

Fulmer owned Alabama and Georgia to a little bit lesser extent. Yes he didnt beat UF consistently and yes it may have been his time to go. However, the hiring, as you said was severely botched. But trying to act like UF, Bama and UGA killed Fulmer every year is silly.

Fulmer owned Alabama and Georgia to a little bit lesser extent. Yes he didnt beat UF consistently and yes it may have been his time to go. However, the hiring, as you said was severely botched. But trying to act like UF, Bama and UGA killed Fulmer every year is silly.

I Hate to admit it because Fulmer is a true VFL hero and class act, but after Meyer went to UF and Saban went to Bama, they 100% absolutely without a doubt killed Fulmer every year they were at those respective schools. And he showed no sign that he would ever be competitive against those two while they were there.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back