RAID LSU! Unbelievable....

Actually, Rivals had it at #35. To put it in persepective, that was coming off a year in which we won the East, yet the lowest class since then was #21 on Rivals. Yes, through 1 year of Kiffin, 3 of Dooley, and 3 of Jones, we've still not had a class within 10 spots of that one. Piss poor effort there IMO.

Not to mention that one of his last classes that finished #3 in recruiting had bust after bust after bust of players in it :thud:

With the news that it's likely Miles will be canned, who will give UT a second look in their currently top rank recruiting class?

I literally can't believe they are going to fire him. This is probably the most unjust and unwarranted firing in the history of all sports.

Wtf?

Makes one wonder what the love affair is between the perennially under achieving Mark Richt and George Gonzalez (Georgia) is. How can Miles get fired and Richt not???

Not that unbelievable. He went 8-2 in the division, then I believe 7-3, then 6-4, then 4-4, and now a second 4-4. And, he's had the same consistent problems - he's never developed a QB, and clock management has always been atrocious. It seems they've won in spite of him often. Maybe a year too soon, but they are on a decline.

They have the #2 recruiting class in the country and they're on a decline... Yet we had the #5 recruiting class and everyone says "The SEC needs to watch out cause Tennessee is back!"

Worse case scenario is if Richt gets fired and Miles takes his place. That would suck to no end.

Is Miles really that good of a coach though?

I think firing him at this stage is ridiculous as everyone has said, but what exactly makes him a "good" coach? If he has great assistants, his teams look fierce, but without top of the line assistant's his teams are very middling. The only things that really stand out about Miles are his likeliness to try a crazy/trick play and his luck.

If UGA hired Miles, I wouldn't be anymore scared of him then I am Richt.

With the news that it's likely Miles will be canned, who will give UT a second look in their currently top rank recruiting class?

I literally can't believe they are going to fire him. This is probably the most unjust and unwarranted firing in the history of all sports.

Wtf?

Les has lost three games to western division teams each of the last 3 years. Will Vol fans be happy with losing three games per year to eastern division teams moving forward?

Reactions: 1 person
My best friend is an LSU supporter and I lived down there for 20 years. The following opinion is only as accurate as any stereotype--there are plenty of individuals who are exceptions, but there is also a reason the stereotype exists:

New Orleans is incredibly rich in football talent. An annual January column in the Times-Picayune names all the local boys who were named to that year's NFL All-Pro Team. IT'S A COLUMN--not a sidebar!

But New Orleans' suffers from the usual freeze-free, semi-tropical culture. A different work ethic and values evolve when your (heritage is) survival through the winter depends on what you accomplish Spring through Fall. In the Big Easy, whatever it is you have to do, you can always do it tomorrow if you don't feel like doing it today. For many players you can add to that value mix the usual vulnerabilities of growing up in a highly urbanized environment

I think LSU suffers from having more remarkable talent that never fully develops, especially in the on-field areas of the game requiring discipline or mental preparation. LSU frequently has breakdowns in big games because too many skill players only know how to elevate their game through emotions and bravado. It's not that the players aren't smart enough or coached well, it's just that when the pressure is on in those big games, too high a percentage of the team resorts to street mentality, rather than preparing in advance for how they will handle it.

If LSU could trade 6-8 NOLA players for position counterparts from the midwest, they would be a different team. IMHO. (And don't read race into these remarks. The same values show up in whites who are native, or more than one generation removed from parents who emigrated from Texas and Oklahoma with the oil industry.)

Reactions: 3 people
About to get really interesting, Miles has confirmed tomorrow is his last game as coach - FSU people are feeling Fisher is leaving FSU.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a firing so much as a mutual agreement that a parting of ways is in order. Considering that LSU will probably replace Les with a Jimbo Fisher or some other recruit-magnet sort of coach, I don't think their signees will be abandoning ship in droves.

Go ahead and try to spin a firing. Everyone knows Les is leaving on his own :rock::rock::rock::rock:

So they are dumping Les Miles for Jimbo Fisher? What a joke, Jimbo is a backwoods freaking idiot. He is a renegade and will run LSU into the dirt. All this being they are under the "impression" they "might" get Jimbo...

I would take Les over Jimbo all damn say.......

Les Miles won't be unemployed long! Missouri, both USCs, or Miami will hire him in a matter of hours after he is fired. Guy is a winner!!

Reactions: 2 people
So they are dumping Les Miles for Jimbo Fisher? What a joke, Jimbo is a backwoods freaking idiot. He is a renegade and will run LSU into the dirt. All this being they are under the "impression" they "might" get Jimbo...

I would take Les over Jimbo all damn say.......

Jimbo is 36-3 the last 3 years. ACC or not, that is impressive for any P5 HC.

From UF's Scout site:

Les and Jimbo*

Here is what I can say and feel very confident in doing so. Les Miles will be out of a job in less that a week (I think Sunday).* To take it a step further I have a source that I trust implicitly, that tells me that not only have the LSU people squared enough money away to pay off Miles (15-16 million, I have no idea for how long), but the money is also in-hand to buy out Jimbo Fisher from his contract at ****** **** University (5 million).

And another step is that Jimbo has agreed and that the LSU people are "VERY confident" in this happening.

Now, let me say this as well. I believe all of this, but the only thing I do not know is whether Fisher will actually follow through with it I do know that he is having divirce issues of which the rumors were hot well before the season that he was ready to get the heck out. He is also not due for a raise this year after wining 10 games. They have the Title IX stuff where nobody really knows what is going to happens and it won't likely follow him anywhere. And one thing that people forget is that an undefeated ACC Champion ****** **** University who just won a national title the year before, almost got left out of the playoff picture a year ago.

Here is something else I can add as well. I know someone that is very good friends with Jimbo and not a Nile fan. I asked off the cuff if he was headed to LSU just days ago and he said '50/50'. I said "come on you can do better than that". His response was, "well he was going to take the Auburn job a couple of years ago and backed out".* My response then was, "well he had Jameis then and doesn't now".* He came back with "true".

Right now I believe this is going to happen and will all go down in less than a week. Those LSU folks don't mess around in recruiting and they aren't going to wait long.

tifwiw

Sounds like the Gruden thread from a few years ago!

The LSU players are dogging it, that's the reason, if Les gets fired.

Chuck Smith said about Johnny...... To lose 3 SEC games in a row ,will get you fired.

This.

Why would Jimbo leave FSU, where he is making > 5 Mil per year and has an easier road to the playoffs? Makes little sense to me. With the competition in the SEC, I do not think coaching in the SEC is as lucrative as it once was. Dabo Sweeney and Urban Meyer are prime examples. They are big fish in small ponds, although Meyer has proven himself in the SEC.
Well he's already brought FSU back to the top and owned the ACC, won a title. If he is a competitive guy and wants to move up the ladder in the coaching ranks it's either SEC or NFL. Some guys might be content dominating the ACC but a true competitor would want to win the SEC. I admire him if he makes the move.

VN Store

Back