Quoting Mike Pence

AshG

Easy target
If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous.

Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms.

Further, the President's repeated lies to the American people in this matter compound the case against him as they demonstrate his failure to protect the institution of the presidency as the 'inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals.

Leaders affect the lives of families far beyond their own 'private life'. In the Bible story of Esther we are told of a king who was charged to put right his own household because there would be 'no end of disrespect and discord' among the families of the kingdom if he failed to do so. In a day when reckless extramarital sexual activity is manifesting itself in our staggering rates of illegitimacy and divorce, now more than ever, America needs to be able to look to her First Family as role models of all that we have been and can be again.

If our leaders flinch at this responsibility, they would do well to heed the Proverb 'if a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked.

Our leaders must either act to restore the luster and dignity of the institution of the Presidency or we can be certain that this is only the beginning of an even more difficult time for our land. For the nation to move on, the President must move out.

-Mike Pence

I would respect him more if he stuck to his guns rather than bending to whatever whims bring him power and influence.

I would respect him more if he stuck to his guns rather than bending to whatever whims bring him power and influence.

Pence showed his true colors by running with trump in the first place. If he truly believed the ideals he espouses he wouldn’t have saddled up with a man devoid of moral character.

It brings up an interesting question. Should a moral man automatically refuse to be associated with the immoral in any way or should he actually seek to work and associate with them in hopes that he can influence them?

Last edited:
It brings up an interesting question. Should a moral man automatically refuse to be associated with the immoral in any way or should he actually seek to work and associate with them in hopes that he can influence them?

In the end they usually align for political gain.

Good thought provoker.

It's like jumping into the swamp and expecting not to get dirty.
I think most VPs make that calculation though and determine that whatever is lost is worth the potential reward down the road when they can lead the way they want.

Every VP thinks he's going to be President someday. And their egos probably tell them to ignore the warts of the current President because they'll end up being better at it anyway once they get their shot.

Reactions: McDad and Mick
I think most VPs make that calculation though and determine that whatever is lost is worth the potential reward down the road when they can lead the way they want. Every VP thinks he's going to be President someday.

That is why he is actually speaking out now.

Funny thing is several posters in thsi thread would lose their apesh!t minds if Pence became President. The threads about gays getting killed and abortion/womens rights/tranny bathrooms would be endless.

On the upside I could post memes of Trump saying "Miss me yet?" for a good laugh.

Pence was itching to be the first gay Vice President. Sometimes you got to put your glitter aside for the greater good. There's a reason why he doesn't dine with any women unless Mother's there. I may not agree with his political positions, but I fully support his right to be fabulous.
I think most VPs make that calculation though and determine that whatever is lost is worth the potential reward down the road when they can lead the way they want.

Every VP thinks he's going to be President someday. And their egos probably tell them to ignore the warts of the current President because they'll end up being better at it anyway once they get their shot.
He couldn't be any worse. So there's that.

Reactions: evillawyer
Who is speaking out? Pence is playing the role of good soldier like few I've ever seen.

From the OP

The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous.

Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms.

Further, the President's repeated lies to the American people in this matter compound the case against him as they demonstrate his failure to protect the institution of the presidency as the 'inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals.

I think that was a quote from him.

EDIT: My mistake that was when he was talking about Clinton. lol what a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stew Cook
Pence is such a stiff. It's hard to imagine him running for President and having any success. Although, Trump is monotonous in his rhetoric, he understands how to entertain his base. Pence is dry and boring. He also comes across as a prude. That will only appeal to the extreme right.

Pence is such a stiff. It's hard to imagine him running for President and having any success. Although, Trump is monotonous in his rhetoric, he understands how to entertain his base. Pence is dry and boring. He also comes across as a prude. That will only appeal to the extreme right.
A less charismatic Romney. A younger Bob Dole.

Pence was itching to be the first gay Vice President. Sometimes you got to put your glitter aside for the greater good. There's a reason why he doesn't dine with any women unless Mother's there. I may not agree with his political positions, but I fully support his right to be fabulous.

He couldn't be any worse. So there's that.

Pence is gay huh?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

I know, right? Uncle Joe was such a beacon of testicular fortitude and democracy.

I miss speeches fueled with Geritol, Ben-Gay and Metamucil.

That's pretty much how I remember George Bush being described when he was VP.

A less charismatic Romney. A younger Bob Dole.
Pence is a lot like Romney in speaking like he has been programmed by the RNC. Pence sounds like a human robocall. He says what he thinks he is supposed to say rather than what he means. It's misguided loyalty. Nothing he says seems authentic coming from him. His interviews are a waste of time. He dances around every question and never gives an opinion of his own. He says a lot without saying anything. There is no color to his personality at all, just different shades of bland. I'd rather listen to Al Gore read the phone book.

Pence is a lot like Romney in speaking like he has been programmed by the RNC. Pence sounds like a human robocall. He says what he thinks he is supposed to say rather than what he means. It's misguided loyalty. Nothing he says seems authentic coming from him. His interviews are a waste of time. He dances around every question and never gives an opinion of his own. He says a lot without saying anything. There is no color to his personality at all, just different shades of bland. I'd rather listen to Al Gore read the phone book.
So he sounds a lot like a politician..

So he sounds a lot like a politician..
I guess you could say that but nothing at all stands about him even among politicians. He is just like any other stiff in a suit. Trump's appeal in '16, mostly revolved around being the complete opposite of that.

Very similar to Al Gore in charisma and authenticity. Of course, ol Al won the White House except for Fla judges stealing it for Bush. Pence might do similar.

The second one first. But when it fails, it's the first one.

VN Store

Back