Question UT Fans

I just got told by a UT Alumn(with a law degree) that I am a bandwagon fan simply because I have no affiliation with the school and cheer for them. So how many bandwagon fans of that nature are on this board????

He noticed you talking his girl up.

Im an Air Force guy and I got so pissed at a guy in my squadron over this last year. He's a Va Tech alum and I heard him tell a new guy who loves the Hokies that he couldn't be a real fan because he didn't go to Tech. Because I didn't go to UT, does that mean I'm not a fan? I went to Carson Newman for a year, enlisted, finished school at South Carolina and Embry-Riddle and now I teach ROTC at the U of Memphis. Know what I am? A VFL! If you are born in Tennessee you are by definition a Volunteer. I am a military volunteer which is the true essence of the word and nickname for that matter. From Willie Gault to Josh Richardson, I love the Vols with all my heart! $crew anybody who says otherwise!

Reactions: 1 person
Im an Air Force guy and I got so pissed at a guy in my squadron over this last year. He's a Va Tech alum and I heard him tell a new guy who loves the Hokies that he couldn't be a real fan because he didn't go to Tech. Because I didn't go to UT, does that mean I'm not a fan? I went to Carson Newman for a year, enlisted, finished school at South Carolina and Embry-Riddle and now I teach ROTC at the U of Memphis. Know what I am? A VFL! If you are born in Tennessee you are by definition a Volunteer. I am a military volunteer which is the true essence of the word and nickname for that matter. From Willie Gault to Josh Richardson, I love the Vols with all my heart! $crew anybody who says otherwise!

Good man. Hope you are enjoying Memphis. I was not born here but was raised here. Ended up a Vol after being a legacy after my brother went. Keep supporting my friend.

I just got told by a UT Alumn(with a law degree) that I am a bandwagon fan simply because I have no affiliation with the school and cheer for them. So how many bandwagon fans of that nature are on this board????

I find this a little ignorant because growing into a UT fan by myself at age 9, I was absolutely crushed senior year of high school once I got accepted to Tennessee and found out I couldn't afford out-of-state tuition. Not everyone can afford going to an out of state school, some cant afford college at all.

Should have asked the condescending prick if he was a fan of pro football. Then ask him what team he played for. I would have.

I didn't attend UT and I am still a rock solid fan since 86 when we destroyed a bandwagon fan school in the Sugar Bowl.

I'm in the same boat with ya brother. Not from Tennessee, didn't attend Tennessee but one of their biggest fans. If I'm a bandwagon, whatever. Then I've been one since the 80's. I became a fan the first FB game I watched. The checkerboard endzone, Rocky Top playing....come on. I was hooked.

Last edited:
Apparently your lawyer friend doesn't understand the definition of "bandwagon fan" The dictionary says "see Alabama football."
If you start cheering for a team just because they're winning then you stop when they start losing, you're a bandwagon fan. Has nothing to do with whether you went there to school or not. I was a UT fan before I went there, but that doesn't mean I haven't been a fan all my life!

Lots of dushes out there making rules for everyone else...ask him what rules committee he belongs to...ask for certification...nod knowingly and leave his presence...cheer away for our Vols....WE CHOOSE THIS :dance:

VN Store

Back