Question UT Fans

...Proving there are still a few misguided souls who think football has anything to do with a college education!

If you've been cheering for us over the past 4-5 years, there's 0% chance you're a bandwagon fan.

You got that right. You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to ride this rickety wagon the past 5 years if you weren't a VFL.

MTSU grad here. Been a UT fan my whole life. My grandparents attended games when Neyland was coach.

Got accepted to UT, but life happens and I took a different path. Loved my time in the Boro, love the Vols.

My true fan handbook makes no mention of this prerequisite.

Just don't let the mods get a hold of it or there will be redactions made.

I kid! Now go ahead and delete me. I know you will. :p

I remember watching the 1990 sugar bowl against Virginia. I joined the military shortly after high school. My brother named his first born Peyton
and my first pet was named Smokey. My whole family lives in Tennessee and that's where I was born. Call me whatever you like, just don't call me a bammer!

I am a lawyer and a Vol. Doesn't matter if you went there or not, a Vol is a Vol. I get pissed from time to time at comments on this board, but after going to many football games and even some basketball ones, our fans are amazing.

Yeah I saw that bandwagon fan Butch Jones tonight sitting behind the Tennessee bench in Raleigh. He's a grad of a directional school in Michigan, therefore that makes him a bandwagon Tennessee fan!
:crazy:

I laugh at this crap... I was born in Tennessee, my dad went to UT, I have the power T tattooed on my left shoulder. Because of me... many of us who never went to Tennessee are Volunteer fans. And BTW, I graduated from another university and make six figures plus. But, my roots are a Volunteer... Any dumbass opinions like what you describe won't change that... Go Vols!

I laugh at this crap... I was born in Tennessee, my dad went to UT, I have the power T tattooed on my left shoulder. Because of me... many of us who never went to Tennessee are Volunteer fans. And BTW, I graduated from another university and make six figures plus. But, my roots are a Volunteer... Any dumbass opinions like what you describe won't change that... Go Vols!
Not a VFL

Yeah I saw that bandwagon fan Butch Jones tonight sitting behind the Tennessee bench in Raleigh. He's a grad of a directional school in Michigan, therefore that makes him a bandwagon Tennessee fan!
:crazy:

I to am a BUTCH Fan...Martin is getting pretty hot.

Iv never lived in TN. But was born and raised a Vol. Call me what you want, I bleed orange. My orange panted room and custom UT license plate speak for themselves

I grew up in Texas and have been a VOL fan since 1955, and I don't even know why! I am just glad I was able to live in this part of Tennessee for the last twenty years or so.

I guess I'm the opposite of most of the bandwagon fans. I swore that I would never root for UT in any sport (except women's BB, how can you not root for Pat Summit?), but one of my friends sucked me in to the Cult of Bruce Pearl. I loved the junk-yard dog type of basketball they played his first few years. When he left, I figured I would leave too, but since Cuonzo was the coach at one of my (many) alma maters, I figured I owed him a little. Then I just got sucked in to the soap opera/train wreck aspect of the team. I cried when Tyler Smith was kicked off the team and just about did when Skylar McBee beat Kansas. I've never worn anything orange, but I have looked at few things and even sent a shirt to a die-hard UT friend of mine in another state. VFL? Probably never get there, but I like this team. If being called a bandwagoneer by a blow-hard atty. if the worst thing that ever happens to you, your life is pretty good.

I am always surprised by folks from Tennessee, regardless of what university they did or did not attend, who don't root for UT first. I was a Vol fan before I was even old enough to go to college. A bandwagon fan, IMO, is one who is proud to be a Vol when the team is ranked but doesn't care a fig when things aren't going so well. I graduated from Union University, but I am, and always will be, a Vol fan.

Reactions: 1 person
I was born into a Tiger High household. Was a Golden Eagle in college and became a UT fan when Reggie White visited my school and a Memphis Showboat.

Everyone in our extended family is of the Vol persuasion. Grandfather Undergrad and Medical School, mother doctorate and daughter is a freshman in chem/e. I've converted all the non believers in my family. Even got my dad to flip before he passed.

I am always surprised by folks from Tennessee, regardless of what university they did or did not attend, who don't root for UT first. I was a Vol fan before I was even old enough to go to college. A bandwagon fan, IMO, is one who is proud to be a Vol when the team is ranked but doesn't care a fig when things aren't going so well. I graduated from Union University, but I am, and always will be, a Vol fan.

Good to see you're still around ma lady:)

I just got told by a UT Alumn(with a law degree) that I am a bandwagon fan simply because I have no affiliation with the school and cheer for them. So how many bandwagon fans of that nature are on this board????

You're not a bandwagon fan just because you have no formal tie but rather a sidewalk fan. Bandwagon fans jump on and off when things are good. Sidewalk fans are fans with no school affiliation. There's no shame in that either as most sidewalk fans are true diehard fans. There are some differences in the things fans care about (those with ties tend to care as much about the school as the team but there are exceptions in both camps) but unless you're a bandwagon fan, your blood is no less orange than mine. :toast:

VN Store

Back