Question for military people.

Does Intel require TS security?
I'm looking at crypto linguistics and Rangers

Most Intel MOS' do. As long as you disclose everything up front you'll be alright. I have known recovering drug addicts and Soldiers with misdeamors in their past get TS clearances.

Are you married or have kids? If so, you'll automatically qualify for BAH and BAS. That's a good amount of money you'll be making. If you're willing to go Ranger, you're willing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane once every 3 months no? That's an extra $150/month right there. BAH is the average (ok, technically now it's 99% of the average) of rent in the area you live. It's rank structured though, so a PFC won't be getting as much as an NCO, but it's still extra money. BAS is like $350 some dollars a month for food expenses.

Yes. Married with 2 girls

I haven't posted to the board in over a year, but thought this was worth responding to. I socialized your question with an actual Army Recruiter, and here is the response:

Good afternoon,

Visit a local Recruiting Center to converse with one of the Army's
finest Army Strong Recruiters. At a minimum you will be asked to honestly,
with integrity explain any and every chronic and acute illness, law
violations and the outcome of each, marital status, and education level
completed. Should you pass the prescreen process, you will be administered
the EST test which measures your ability to satisfactorily pass the ASVAB
test.
Recruiters are experts in their profession. With
that being said should there be documents required of you to prove or
disprove a possible hurdle regarding your ability to be qualified, you will
be advised of those processes during the interview. Do the right thing; it's
easier.

Thanks so much!

Many, many, many years ago, I had a T/S Crypto. Remember a few friends and school being contacted, not much else.

Many, many, many years ago, I had a T/S Crypto. Remember a few friends and school being contacted, not much else.

Same here

And random questions like: do you have major holding in any foriegn companies?

But they will do a good look at your credit. Because they don't want your broke ass selling information
And they will take a look at your espouse if you're divorced
And they really don't like it if you're married to a foriegn national

Same here

And random questions like: do you have major holding in any foriegn companies?

But they will do a good look at your credit. Because they don't want your broke ass selling information
And they will take a look at your espouse if you're divorced
And they really don't like it if you're married to a foriegn national
I have seen most credit issues being mitigated as long as you're not in an obscene about of debt.

Another thing to look at as far as clearances is that it takes them almost a year to come back with your final. if you're granted an interim and a year later the final is denied, there is a good possibility that you will be moved to a Mos that doesbt require one and one that fits the needs of the Army. Unless something has changed recently.

I have seen most credit issues being mitigated as long as you're not in an obscene about of debt.

Another thing to look at as far as clearances is that it takes them almost a year to come back with your final. if you're granted an interim and a year later the final is denied, there is a good possibility that you will be moved to a Mos that doesbt require one and one that fits the needs of the Army. Unless something has changed recently.

If you are holding a Secret and get denied a T/S, it's possible to also then lose your Secret.

Army's Finest and recruiter in the same sentence, I've seen it all!

1361144609.jpg

ok no more sidetracking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back