Psvr

PlayStation VR: Everything about it so far - PlayStation® Forums

Found this thread very informative and thought I would post it here if someones thinking about getting one or for their kid at Christmas.

If you scroll about a 1/4 way down the page there is a game list of 136 games that are either out now, will be out this month or Q1 of 2017.

Its not just a list of games, each title has 1 or 2 videos of it and the website url to visit each games website.

Plenty of games I want but the golf game I cannot wait to come out.

Can ya'll imagine the awesomeness of an Elder Scrolls game in VR...?

Posted this over a year ago and here am I now, playing Skyrim VR on the PSVR I got from the wifey.

It's amazing; like playing a totally new game. (coming from someone who put nearly 400 hours in the original Skyrim)

If some of you are wondering if PSVR is worth the price, I'm here to tell you that it definitely is. It's incredible and this stuff is going to be the gold standard of gaming in another 2-3 years.

Skyrim VR puts you inside that open world; like you are really there swinging a sword and blasting fire from your hands.

It feels like a brand new experience with a game I've put at least 400 hours into.

A modern day open world game in VR is going to be INSANE.

Last edited:
I got to experience both PSVR and Oculus Rift over the weekend for the first time!

I completely take back everything I said about VR! I was absolutely blown away! The VR experience is incredible!

I'm here to tell you, you have not lived until you have experienced Resident Evil 7 in VR! It terrified the holy **** out of me on a level I've never experienced playing video games before on a TV! It was complete sensory overload! The sense of scale is what immediately blew me away! You're not looking at enemies on a flat screen. They're standing right in front of you, as tall as you are. Also, another thing that I wasn't prepared for was how everything has volume! Every object looks like you could reach out and touch it. Everything from objects like tables, chairs, to peeling wallpaper, everything looks so fully modeled and real. Another really cool thing about playing Resident Evil 7 in VR is being able to literally lean your body and peak around corners or peak over something you're hiding behind. That kind of sensation just cannot be properly replicated through standard gaming.

On Oculus I tried out several demo's and experiences. One of the coolest and most surprising ones that I did was Super Lucky's Tale. For those that do not know, this is a little cartoony platformer in the same vein as Mario. The game itself is nothing special. It's very basic and easy to play. However playing in VR is pretty cool. The best way I can describe it is instead of playing on a flat TV, imagine you are in Toys R Us, standing over a fully modeled play set of some kind, moving action figures around in it by remote control. That's what Super Lucky's Tale was like in VR! Again, it's the amount of volume that VR adds to the imagery! Trees and houses felt like I was staring at real doll houses and tree models. Lucky felt like a fully animated action figure interacting with all of it.

Other cool experiences were space combat game Valkyrie (I did get a little motion sick playing this), a really cool mech simulator that I cannot remember the name of, plus a bunch of little demos like standing in the Amazon jungle while a jaguar approaches you (I felt like I could reach out and pet it), sitting ringside at a boxing event, riding roller coaster sims, etc.

I am now a big believer in VR. The experience is legit! Am I ready to buy into it myself? Not yet. The tech still isn't without it's limits and hiccups and I'm going to wait a little longer for that stuff to get ironed out. Screen resolution definitely needs to be bumped to 4K and how locomotion is handled needs to improve to try and minimize motion sickness. However I really do believe that VR is the future of interactive entertainment!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
heck yeah, man! Welcome aboard. I'm pumped for what's in store for VR this year and next; many more "full-fleshed" titles hitting the market this year.

My favorite VR game so far is Sparc; it's an e-sport in the most literal sense of the word. Super fun. And wait until you get to play Farpoint with the PS Aim gun... that s#$% is most definitely the future for FPS.

RE:7 is next on my list. I'm just waiting to get a good pair of headphones first. My Steelseries Siberia's won't work with VR =(

RE:7 is next on my list. I'm just waiting to get a good pair of headphones first. My Steelseries Siberia's won't work with VR =(

It wont disappoint you. VR is truly revolutionary. I don't think gaming has given me this kind of WOW factor since the first time I played Mario 64.

It wont disappoint you. VR is truly revolutionary. I don't think gaming has given me this kind of WOW factor since the first time I played Mario 64.

Found out my Steele's actually do work, I can just plug them directly into 3.5mm.

Grabbed the game last night and made it to the first "combat" scene; woooow, that was intense!

I've watched a ton of horror movies and played a good many horror games. I gotta say, horror in VR is the most terrifying and disturbing form of media I've ever experienced.

I can seriously see some people getting PSTD from this stuff when the figure out 4k VR; especially kids.

I've watched a ton of horror movies and played a good many horror games. I gotta say, horror in VR is the most terrifying and disturbing form of media I've ever experienced.

I can seriously see some people getting PSTD from this stuff when the figure out 4k VR; especially kids.

There is a game I watched a buddy of mine play called Outlast. I bet that game in VR would raise the hairs on my arms.

I got to experience both PSVR and Oculus Rift over the weekend for the first time!

I completely take back everything I said about VR! I was absolutely blown away! The VR experience is incredible!

I'm here to tell you, you have not lived until you have experienced Resident Evil 7 in VR! It terrified the holy **** out of me on a level I've never experienced playing video games before on a TV! It was complete sensory overload! The sense of scale is what immediately blew me away! You're not looking at enemies on a flat screen. They're standing right in front of you, as tall as you are. Also, another thing that I wasn't prepared for was how everything has volume! Every object looks like you could reach out and touch it. Everything from objects like tables, chairs, to peeling wallpaper, everything looks so fully modeled and real. Another really cool thing about playing Resident Evil 7 in VR is being able to literally lean your body and peak around corners or peak over something you're hiding behind. That kind of sensation just cannot be properly replicated through standard gaming.

On Oculus I tried out several demo's and experiences. One of the coolest and most surprising ones that I did was Super Lucky's Tale. For those that do not know, this is a little cartoony platformer in the same vein as Mario. The game itself is nothing special. It's very basic and easy to play. However playing in VR is pretty cool. The best way I can describe it is instead of playing on a flat TV, imagine you are in Toys R Us, standing over a fully modeled play set of some kind, moving action figures around in it by remote control. That's what Super Lucky's Tale was like in VR! Again, it's the amount of volume that VR adds to the imagery! Trees and houses felt like I was staring at real doll houses and tree models. Lucky felt like a fully animated action figure interacting with all of it.

Other cool experiences were space combat game Valkyrie (I did get a little motion sick playing this), a really cool mech simulator that I cannot remember the name of, plus a bunch of little demos like standing in the Amazon jungle while a jaguar approaches you (I felt like I could reach out and pet it), sitting ringside at a boxing event, riding roller coaster sims, etc.

I am now a big believer in VR. The experience is legit! Am I ready to buy into it myself? Not yet. The tech still isn't without it's limits and hiccups and I'm going to wait a little longer for that stuff to get ironed out. Screen resolution definitely needs to be bumped to 4K and how locomotion is handled needs to improve to try and minimize motion sickness. However I really do believe that VR is the future of interactive entertainment!

Nice to see you aboard. Exactly the way I felt a year ago explaining it. If you didn't play Farpoint with the gun frame you really still haven't experienced it. The thing is so accurate and being able to bring it up to your face to use the scope is unreal. Bravo Team comes out next month and utilizes the gun. It's one thing to shoot spiders like Farpoint but when the FPS military simulators come out like Bravo Team ect. all this will take off.

Bravo Team Game | PS4 - PlayStation

Trailer below.

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/0nDdbO7X4Jk[/youtube]

You guys really like the VR? It feels like such a gimmick. You look like weapon x with all the wires coming from the thing.

I tried it. Wasn't impressed. Returned it. To each their own though.

You guys really like the VR? It feels like such a gimmick. You look like weapon x with all the wires coming from the thing.

It has the potential to change games and film the way the atari and vcr did.

If 2nd and 3rd gen VR headsets get less clunky and wireless, I think VR and/or AR will become the standard

It has the potential to change games and film the way the atari and vcr did.

If 2nd and 3rd gen VR headsets get less clunky and wireless, I think VR and/or AR will become the standard

You should look at the HTC Vive Pro then. Wireless, better earbuds, and higher resolution (70% mroe pixels than the first Vive). I've specifically been waiting on VR to get my hand on a better set. Especially since they cost quite a bit of money.

You should look at the HTC Vive Pro then. Wireless, better earbuds, and higher resolution (70% mroe pixels than the first Vive). I've specifically been waiting on VR to get my hand on a better set. Especially since they cost quite a bit of money.

Well, the psvr was a surprise gift otherwise, like most everyone else, I'd likely still be on the sidelines regarding VR.

Most of the gripe I hear is that it isn't 4k. But your complaining of wires? Is your 4k or UHD tv able to recieve 4k or UHD wirelessly?

I mean, you are basically complaining that it isn't the year 2030 yet.

I don't mind the wires. My gripe is not being able to walk on some kind of pad to move. The visual is great, moving around in VR by pressing a button forward not so much.

Last edited:
Most of the gripe I hear is that it isn't 4k. But your complaining of wires? Is your 4k or UHD tv able to recieve 4k or UHD wirelessly?

I mean, you are basically complaining that it isn't the year 2030 yet.

I don't mind the wires. My gripe is not being able to walk on some kind of pad to move. The visual is great, moving around in VR by pressing a button forward not so much.

My 4k tv is fine and yes wires on the system is fine.. wires draped all over you for a Virtua boy, not so much. And yes, even though you clearly don't read any reviews, I'll gladly tell you I'm not the only person to complain about the annoying wires. You can feel free to get your panties twisted because someone didn't like your fad.

So, you're complaining that it isn't the year 2045. Walk on a pad? Are you expecting the holodeck to be available soon?

Being wired doesn't make it a fad. The fact it's been out for as long as it has and there's only a handful of games that anyone says is decent makes it a fad.

VN Store

Back