Psvr

Was looking earlier to maybe buy a bundle and hardly in stock. When I did find it the price was $658 to $699.

Alot of sites has it at $499 but sold out.

Checked it out. My friend has one. Playing horror games on these is absolutely terrifying.

I can only imagine... they're going to need to put warnings out similar to what you see for roller coasters for certain VR games, me thinks.

Pulled the trigger on the ps4 vr today.

The hype is warranted. It is the most absolute fun I have had playing any game.

Will update the more I play as sick days from work are taken. :)

What games have you played?

tumblr_o0o0qawSxT1uelehno1_500.gif

What games have you played?

Just the demo disk tonight. Will add some titles in the next few days of what I've tried and liked. I kicked over my change jar playing Rush for Blood the first time. Baby music and clowns don't mix for me. Lol

It's an unreal experience that has no words that could even come close to explain it without trying it. About to head to bed but will jump back in this thread tomorrow and go in to some detail.

After seeing all the $650 to $700 price for the bundle I figured it would just keep going up or be sold completely out at Christmas.

So, just bought everything separately. The VR headset and two move controllers at Walmart. Grabbed the camera at Gamestop since wally world was out.

Setup took a bit but everything is labeled with numbers and the book shows the setup order with quick pictures.

The headset is very light and comfortable on my head and face. A button on the back of the headband allows it to open while placing it on. A button on the right bottom allows the front screen to slide out and in. From what I read this isn't just for putting it on/off but people with glasses can wear them if needed with this adjustment. All I can post on that as no one in my family wears them.

I was blown away just lookimg through the mask at the ps4 normal blue screen. It makes you feel like your 6 ft away from a 100inch flat screen. Then I clicked on VR Worlds. Everything looks touchable. X,o, □,^ all floating around as you turn your head left and right or even behind you. The game buttons right in front floating in mid air.

I tried the ocean game first since your just in a diving cage being lowered to look at marine wildlife and to get use to the VR aspect. It is surreal and makes you think you are in that cage dropping in the water. Look up, down, side to side and the graphics and feeling had me laughing and just saying "wow" constantly.

Tried London Heist shooting range next. You can play this with the move controllers. Your move controllers are hands and can pick up a pistol with laser sight and the other can grab magazines as you need to reload. The visual and feeling you are actually loading your pistol is amazimg compared to just hitting a button. Haven't figured out how to do the story mode of this but the videos I have watched of people playing look great.

Tried Driveclub next. Used the ps4 controller for this as I couldn't get the move controllers to come on during the game. Could have been user error will explore that more. This game was beautiful. It feels like your standing 5 ft from the car while choosing and customizing. But once you get in it is unbelievable. The cockpit is stunning and not just looking forward but 360°. Loved the gameplay and being able to turn my head right or left while racing and see a car beside me just blew me away. Driveclub will be a buy for me.

Next I played Battlezone. This is a game of tanks in a futuristic level. I thought the race car cockpit blew me away until being in this tank. Looking left and right there is screens, gadgets, weapon system info with a cockpit that your brain deciphers as being in it. From the visual loadout to the gameplay it will be a must buy for me.

Thought I would grow a pair for the next one and try Rush of Blood. This used the motion controllers as you sit in a cart on a rolller coaster type track. After calibrating the move controllers you can see both arms coming back to your shoulder. Shotguns and pistols with flashlights on them. The cart slowly starts to move and there's a girl on the right sitting in a chair. Shes singing as she dissappears. As she does her voice leaves my right ear and goes more stereo as she appears in front. Dissappears (and your frantically scanning your gun flashlights) and her voice gets real loud in your left ear in which your instinct is to turn left and heres this damn ugly scary looking demon right in your face. It scared the living chit out of me and had to turn that off at this point. Like I said earlier I kicked my change jar over and everyone in the room was horse laughing at me.

As for them laughing at me, they can see what I see on the tv. The headset comes with a processing box that allows people in the room to see what you see. It's not in the depth of the headset but allows people in the room to see what im looking around at.

I didn't try this out before buying just read reviews. Was deciding do I want this for this dollar amount or do I want to put in the money and rebuild my gaming pc to handle the Oculous Rift and spend twice as much. I went the PS4 route just to make sure It wouldn't make people sick and if the hype was real. Never once felt sick and I can't read in a car while riding.

The Hype is real and here to stay!

Sony hit an absolute grand slam with this.

Sonys Grade: A+

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Just updating this. Bought VR worlds. The London heist was the main player on this. Although a 30 minute short it is a great game. Don't want to spoil it for any that may get it but being able during a car chase as a passenger to look out the window and look behind you by real body motion and fire backwards made me giddy.

To tell you how real it is wearing the VR mask, my wife did the deep sea dive without the shark. Once manta rays started swimming by she picked her feet up in her seat and put her arms behind her back to keep from being "bitten". Lol

Last edited:
Just can't do it. The price and all the cords lol.

Once everything is on it is very comfortable. The only time I notice the cord when playing is if I put my foot on it in the floor.

Played Battlefield 4 last night while wearing it and it was great. I like it better than my tv. When playing a non vr game or watching a movie it makes you think you are looking at a 10 foot tv screen sitting 6 feet away.

Nobody bought one on here yet?

Last edited:
Once everything is on it is very comfortable. The only time I notice the cord when playing is if I put my foot on it in the floor.

Played Battlefield 4 last night while wearing it and it was great. I like it better than my tv. When playing a non vr game or watching a movie it makes you think you are looking at a 10 foot tv screen sitting 6 feet away.

Nobody bought one on here yet?

Sorry, I'll wait until PSVR 2.0 comes out which should have 4K support and just overall better PQ.

Sorry, I'll wait until PSVR 2.0 comes out which should have 4K support and just overall better PQ.

Considering our eyes and brain haven't seen this technology why wait? The 2.0 as you say could be four years down the road.

Most fun I have had with a playstation since it was made. Watching peoples reaction when trying it when they come over is worth the price of admission.

Considering our eyes and brain haven't seen this technology why wait? The 2.0 as you say could be four years down the road.

Most fun I have had with a playstation since it was made. Watching peoples reaction when trying it when they come over is worth the price of admission.

Because for me, 500.00 isn't worth spending on tech that isn't fully realized yet.

Because for me, 500.00 isn't worth spending on tech that isn't fully realized yet.

I would hate to think of the price of a headset displaying 4k. The ps4 pro isn't going to be able to do it and if it's a Playstation headset your talking about a complete new console that could run and power a headset at 4k.

So the headset could push $700 or $800 and the new console to run it be $500+.

A 4k pc headset and tower would probably cost twice as much.

This is just guesses but theres no doubt it will be expensive.

Last edited:
Anyone know if they are demoing these anywhere?

Can ya'll imagine the awesomeness of an Elder Scrolls game in VR...?

VN Store

Back