Pruitt's defense had 94 sacks the last 2 seasons

We are all assuming CJP will run a defense similar to what he ran at Bama which is effectively Saban's D. Most of Saban's pressure comes from changing up who's coming out of the front 7 without giving up his numbers advantage. So you got 4 coming you just don't know who and unless your O line is good at picking it up you get pressure without giving up numbers. Bama also runs a lot of delayed blitzes with their MLB, he comes if there is no receiver in his coverage area. Again pressure without giving up something. So again assuming CJP is running what he has the last few years hopefully we get QB pressures and sacks without having to blitz much.
I will say this the year Pruitt left Bama the first time and the three years after that, they struggled mightily against the pass. Once he returned, they’re defense improved. Say what you will about it being Sabans system, butt Pruitt had a lot to do with the elevating the defense the last two years.

Reactions: 1 person
We are all assuming CJP will run a defense similar to what he ran at Bama which is effectively Saban's D. Most of Saban's pressure comes from changing up who's coming out of the front 7 without giving up his numbers advantage. So you got 4 coming you just don't know who and unless your O line is good at picking it up you get pressure without giving up numbers. Bama also runs a lot of delayed blitzes with their MLB, he comes if there is no receiver in his coverage area. Again pressure without giving up something. So again assuming CJP is running what he has the last few years hopefully we get QB pressures and sacks without having to blitz much.
Sagan got it from Belichick... they read guards and centers and blitz wherever they don’t go...

Rain, smack, and punch are the concepts. You’re right on sir!

Sagan got it from Belichick... they read guards and centers and blitz wherever they don’t go...

It’s called the zone blitz scheme. Dick labeau and Don Capers are the first ones to come up with it

It’s called the zone blitz scheme. Dick labeau and Don Capers are the first ones to come up with it

The Steelers are the first to ever run the specific play I am talking about... split the nose out to a 3 or a 2i and read the motion of the center... center blocks you you slant towards the guard... center is away from you you slant into the A gap and get the QB...

The Steelers are the first to ever run the specific play I am talking about... split the nose out to a 3 or a 2i and read the motion of the center... center blocks you you slant towards the guard... center is away from you you slant into the A gap and get the QB...

Joey Porter, Greg Loyd, James Farrior, Kirkland....

That scheme really helped the Steelers be the “steel curtain” that and yuh know... having an awesome defensive front.

Steel curtain will always be mentioned among the names of joe Greene, L. C. Greenwood, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White. But they’re whole defense as a whole was just phenomenal. When the 90s came around is when Blitzburgh came about. And when the mid 2000s came around is when the names porter and James Harrison came about. I could go on and on

Steel curtain will always be mentioned among the names of joe Greene, L. C. Greenwood, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White. But they’re whole defense as a whole was just phenomenal. When the 90s came around is when Blitzburgh came about. And when the mid 2000s came around is when the names porter and James Harrison came about. I could go on and on

Here’s is an example of what I was talking about.

Attachments

• A7CE5200-7713-4E46-BF44-2C81FAB68989.jpg
    A7CE5200-7713-4E46-BF44-2C81FAB68989.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 6

Thanks 59 I know you know some football so any compliment from you means something!

giphy.gif

Hopefully, the fan base will eventually tire of firing coaches and starting over. Since it took years to fire the current AD after he retired-on-the-job as a coach, I think his first hire (which appears to be an excellent one) will get a fair grace period.

Maybe if we’d spend the real $$ upfront then we wouldn’t need to reset every 4 years.

VN Store

Back