Pruitt Should Apologize to Fans, the Team & Re-evaluate if He Still Wants to Be Coach

That's hard to believe considering your join date!

Although I do sometimes tend to get caught up in running in this place rather than participating in the fun.

I enjoy the exchanges, although I'm sure I'll get an email from someone telling me I'm an idiot. That's usually the way it goes. lol

You're an idiot......there, got that out of the way and in public not on email.......carry on......:hi:

Negavols vs Pruittans.
The dawning of a new era on VN.

not really.

coach worship vs. benign pessimism. it's always there.

neither end of that spectrum is worth the trouble. the vast majority actually wait to see a body of work before we're ready to call it.

we're not there.:eek:lol:

not really.

coach worship vs. benign pessimism. it's always there.

neither end of that spectrum is worth the trouble. the vast majority actually wait to see a body of work before we're ready to call it.

we're not there.:eek:lol:

I give a coach the benefit of the doubt before he coaches a game. No need to tear my hair out and weep before a game is played.

I'm an optimist but I wouldn't call it coach worship. I go into each season hoping for the best but not freaking out if things don't go perfectly. But when I see things falling apart like this season, I do demand better.

I just don't see a reason to go into each season thinking we are horrible, everything is horrible and we'll never be good again. That just takes the fun out of all of it. I don't see how Negavols actually enjoy being that way.

Reactions: 2 people
The OP should apologize to me and everyone else whose eyes have scraped across this thread. Good grief with you people.

Reactions: 4 people
That's hard to believe considering your join date!

Although I do sometimes tend to get caught up in running in this place rather than participating in the fun.

I enjoy the exchanges, although I'm sure I'll get an email from someone telling me I'm an idiot. That's usually the way it goes. lol

metoo....you do run a tight ship....

If Pruitt apologized, reevaluated being a coach and decided he did in fact want to give it a shot, would OP be goodwidit?

This recruit class took a nosedive. Multiple misses. “Sure things” flipping to other schools on NSD.

HUGE holes in the secondary and O-Line with little options to fill them. All while, Pruitt stayed at Alabama to coach in the playoffs—time that shouldve been spent working 100% on this recruit class and team.

Alabama benefits and at the same time sticks it to us twice: Pruitt helped them win another NC and it obviously negatively affected this years class and Pruitt’s ability to bring in talent.

Phil shares the blame in allowing him to coach an extra month at Alabama.

Ah Shut Up!

Reactions: 1 person
Good grief!! We were in terrible shape and the staff has only been here for a few weeks. You have to build relationships over many months or a year or two with recruits and their families. Did you expect coach to come in with a magic wand and some kind of potion to lure his targets here? You're not being the least bit realistic and are acting like a Northern left-wing liberal democrat.

Reactions: 6 people
I want my cookies and milk NOW !!!! If I don't I'll hold my breath till I TURN BLUE AAAHHMM. Grow up SPALDING !!!!

Agree. I thought the talent he got on campus this late in the game was impressive. He simply didn't have enough time to flip them, and there weren't enough other options out there. I like the fact that he had high expectations.

All that said, had we lost Peterson yesterday, I might be in meltdown mode today. lol.

When Peterson made the, "If I find a hat" comment, I took that to be a hard commit. Had he flipped? I would have gone to Wal-Mart and picked a fight with the first goofy dressed moron I could find. And it would not have taken long to find one.

This recruit class took a nosedive. Multiple misses. “Sure things” flipping to other schools on NSD.

HUGE holes in the secondary and O-Line with little options to fill them. All while, Pruitt stayed at Alabama to coach in the playoffs—time that shouldve been spent working 100% on this recruit class and team.

Alabama benefits and at the same time sticks it to us twice: Pruitt helped them win another NC and it obviously negatively affected this years class and Pruitt’s ability to bring in talent.

Phil shares the blame in allowing him to coach an extra month at Alabama.

Yes! Let's fire him before he's even coached a game! Two months was definitely plenty of time to put together a top 5 class! (Sarcasm). Good grief. Back away from the ledge and relax. Thanks to the ignorance and ineptitude of Slick Jimmy Haslam and John Currie, Coach Pruitt had only two months to try to salvage the class. Considering those circumstances, he did a fine job of recruiting. 2019 will be a big time class for us. Give Pruitt a chance.

Reactions: 2 people
You won't be welcome in the impending Gruden thread due to start sometime around 2020-2025.

Soon......

I thot this was the Gruden thread................

DXTCJQn.gif

I don't know of anyone we actually had other than Grant that actually flipped and I had the feeling coaches didn't care if he flipped. Most of the guys we missed on were guys that other teams had already and we were trying to flip them to Tennessee. Sometimes that doesn't work. I think Pruitt did a good job of getting four or five other guys that hadn't been recruited by Tennessee very long.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back