Pruitt Should Apologize to Fans, the Team & Re-evaluate if He Still Wants to Be Coach

I think you may be projecting the hurt feelings. You keep baking yourself into a corner with pointless arguments. Ask anyone.

If you have anything worthy to add to the discussion, feel free.

No corner.

You can't do that job to your fullest ability while doing another job. It is quite logical.

Please let me know when I meet your standards poobah.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd probably hate them more if we were better. But as bad as our last ten years has been, I can't get too worked up about what anybody else is doing.

Bama will always be our traditional rival, but I have to admit my hatred of division rivals UGA and UF take precedence right now. I know many will disagree with that.

I completely agree and always will "feel" that way. That doesn't make a regular season or post season against win over Bama just as awesome.

Feb 7 was a fail. CJP would admit that if he were able to tell the truth about it, obviously there is no reason to.

I have not "barked" nonsense. I will never be ok when the HC at UT giving UT part time effort. Others are.

So if CJP had gone on a pre-planned family vacation instead of coaching the Bama D, you would have been OK with that? He would have been HC and been fulltime at UT but taking a contractually negotiated vacation with family.

You don't need my forgiveness.

But Yes, You have inferred a lot.

I never liked this particular decision by him and have never veered from that. I also don't like when my daughter makes a 70 on a math test but it doesn't define my belief in her.

no one liked it. and no one is telling you to start liking it.

but not liking it doesn't mean it's the reason "he failed" on NSD.

bad analogy with the daughter and grades, because i doubt you chase her around reminding her of THAT failure at every turn.............

You're the one going around suggesting people's posts are dumb and idiotic while posting misinformation yourself.

I've already said that Pruitt would likely admit he was disappointed with how yesterday went. You could tell by the things he said in the recruiting celebration last night.

You, however, are using a winless conference season and multiple coaches over the last 10 years as reasons why Pruitt should have skipped the championship game (in contrast do why it's ok for guys like Kirby and Scott Frost) while refusing to allow the possibility that those factors, along with a lot of other things, impacted our class rating.

As I've said, I think the early signing period had a bigger impact on yesterday than most are admitting.

It had everything to do with yesterday. Especially working on a short time table.

and the only reason you've given so far to support the "fail" is because he coached Bama in the playoffs.

you're leaving out a lot, and the vast majority of it was done before he was even a candidate for the job.

it's still just a lazy narrative to push. as much blame as you want to put on him for finishing behind those guys, there's zero credit for moving from 56th to 20th.

just complete ignorance of the other side of that coin.

and i still haven't seen you explain what you're realistic expectation was for him, and why. but i don't hold out much hope for the "why", given your reasoning on why he's a failure 2 months in.

Because "BAMA SUCKS, YEAH!"

So if CJP had gone on a pre-planned family vacation instead of coaching the Bama D, you would have been OK with that? He would have been HC and been fulltime at UT but taking a contractually negotiated vacation with family.

No.

He inherited a dumpster fire. Much effort required to rectify.
Also do not believe vacation in Jan feb is SOP in that profession. So no I would not have agreed with it.

Best few minutes I've had today watching Freak school this clown..

Thank you Freak...

Reactions: 4 people
yep, he basically has. he's already said publicly that he knows, and we should expect to be, much closer to the top of those rankings than we finished this year.

to me, that's a non starter at this point.:thumbsup:

I watched last night and thought I was going to see the fired up go-getter that he has been previously. What I saw was a very disappointed worn out individual trying to make the best of a situation that he wasn't happy with.

No corner.

You can't do that job to your fullest ability while doing another job. It is quite logical.

Please let me know when I meet your standards poobah.
You said it never happens.. and it does. Smart, Frost, etc.

You're upset Pruitt stayed at Bama. We get it. Calling this class a FAIL and blaming it solely on him coaching in the championship game is what a few of us seem to take issue with.

Have a good one.

Reactions: 8 people
You don't need my forgiveness.

But Yes, You have inferred a lot.

I never liked this particular decision by him and have never veered from that. I also don't like when my daughter makes a 70 on a math test but it doesn't define my belief in her.

And that's where you and others fall off the turnip truck. This is the second alliteration to kids when trying to make an analogy about CJP. You could not and can not do the first thing about what CJP does, now or in the future. Your kids you can.

You said it never happens.. and it does. Smart, Frost, etc.

You're upset Pruitt stayed at Bama. We get it. Calling this class a FAIL and blaming it solely on him coaching in the championship game is what a few of us seem to take issue with.

Have a good one.

You write whatever narrative comforts you.

:lolabove::lolabove::eek:lol::eek:lol:

I was just having a little fun.

Look, I'd rather Pruitt had not coached Alabama. I wasn't happy about it, either. I am happy, however, that when we play in our championship, he'll stick around to coach the game. :)

I'd still take Pruitt minus two weeks over some of the other options that were remaining on our list.

And while this class doesn't meet our expectations, I wouldn't exactly call it a FAIL, all things considered. I certainly expect better next year, though.

Reactions: 5 people
Why don't you judge the coach after he's been here for a couple of years?

All I have judged is his one decision and his Feb 7 class as poor.

I praised his early signing class.

Believe it is ok to judge decisions and results as they present themselces.

Was going to say it was nice just to be in a conversation with him. It's a first for me.

That's hard to believe considering your join date!

Although I do sometimes tend to get caught up in running in this place rather than participating in the fun.

I enjoy the exchanges, although I'm sure I'll get an email from someone telling me I'm an idiot. That's usually the way it goes. lol

* Pruitt stayed with Bama through the NC game because he wanted to honor his commitment to his employer, his peers, and his players. UT agreed to those terms. It's called "integrity", and it sure will be nice to have a head coach who knows what that means. If you want to fuss about it, make your voice heard. Call Coach Fulmer and give him hell for it. Few here care, and none of us could have done anything about it.

* He and his staff put together a very respectable recruiting class in a matter of days prior to the ENSD. Fact is, they salvaged what was headed towards a class somewhere in the 50's to 60's. Phenomenal job, IMO. Coming off a 4-8 season, 0-8 SEC, most losses in UT football history...it's a wonder he landed the players he did.

* They swung for the fences for NSD, and actually had several of the top prospects in the nation listing UT in their final 3. Yes, we missed on all of them, and yes, that sucks...but the fact that this staff went for it, and actually had a shot at some of the top players out there speaks volumes about what this staff is capable of. It's fair, and safe, to expect different results once this staff has had a year or more to develop a relationship with top recruits, and we're actually winning games again.

* He's clearly not happy about yesterday either. Expect him to use that to motivate himself, his staff, and Team 122. I have no idea how many games UT will win this year, but I am willing to bet that you will see a level of intensity unlike anything we've seen the last 10 years. That alone will pay off down the line when recruits see how his teams play.

* Pruitt is very highly respected by members of the coaching fraternity, and his former players. That, again, speaks to his character and ability. Both of those traits made the trip with him from Tuscaloosa. He also had no trouble filling out his staff. That speaks to his reputation amongst his peers. All that smoke means he's got the fire. Let's give him a chance to prove himself before we burn the couches, huh?

I'm a UT fan first, foremost, and forever. In truth, I could not care less who the coach is, as long as he wins. I'm also not gonna go grab my pitchfork every time something happens that I disagree with. Winning cures a lot of ills, and right now UT has a lot of ills to cure. Let's give the man a chance to prove he meant what he said, and knows how to do it. We already know what a first-class BS artist looks like, so if Pruitt turns out to be another one, he'll be easy to identify. Until then, he gets his shot same as the others did. Rant over; return to your normal programming.

Go Vols.

You write whatever narrative comforts you.

it's YOUR narrative.

basically all i've gotten from you is arguing the concept that "doing someting part time doesn't get your full attention and best work"

and as a concept, i agree.

applying it here as a reason for whatever perceved failure you have decided has occurred, is solely YOUR narrative.

I was just having a little fun.

Look, I'd rather Pruitt had not coached Alabama. I wasn't happy about it, either. I am happy, however, that when we play in our championship, he'll stick around to coach the game. :)

I'd still take Pruitt minus two weeks over some of the other options that were remaining on our list.

And while this class doesn't meet our expectations, I wouldn't exactly call it a FAIL, all things considered. I certainly expect better next year, though.

Big takeaway from this thread is Freak will school the fools.

Agree with pretty much everything you said and that’s because you’ve got logic on your side

That's hard to believe considering your join date!

Although I do sometimes tend to get caught up in running in this place rather than participating in the fun.

I enjoy the exchanges, although I'm sure I'll get an email from someone telling me I'm an idiot. That's usually the way it goes. lol

Only if you delete my posts! :eek:lol:

VN Store

Back