Pruitt recruiting Bama commits

if the rules say its fair game, it is. if it isnt, it isnt.

seems black and white to me.

if the rules say its fair game, it is. if it isnt, it isnt.

seems black and white to me.

Oh...I'd say there is a fairly obvious range of questionable character that is technically legal, but there is zero evidence that CJP is playing there...despite Coasty's loaded comparison.

If they are already committed to Bama, he should not contact them. If they are not committed, but have Bama as one of their choices, let's make sure we get them.

Hmm -- can you arrange to not have anyone call on our customers please. We have them committed.

Kirby did the same thing when he left for ga, it's not like it ain't been done before. CPJ's job is to bring SEC level players to Knoxville, there's only a few on the current roster.

So one of the reason we hate Kiffin is because he tried to take Tennessee commitments with him to USC...

Yet this is same reason we like Pruitt

Makes sense to me

He’s recruiting kids who have given verbal commitments to Bama or are leaning Bama....nothing signed, nothing official. Kiffin and Oregon called kids who were already signed and on campus and told them not to go to class so they could go to USC. Big difference.

Last edited:
I don't think Saban will like it much.

We may end up not seeing Pruitt in the playoffs if this goes further. Didn't Saban do this to Kiffin also? Wasn't kiffin going to stay through playoffs at first and later Saban told him to leave? Sounds familiar but I may be off base on that.

We may end up not seeing Pruitt in the playoffs if this goes further. Didn't Saban do this to Kiffin also? Wasn't kiffin going to stay through playoffs at first and later Saban told him to leave? Sounds familiar but I may be off base on that.

Yeah...and it cost him the NC. He may be a tiny bit slower to pull the trigger. And I think he actually likes Pruitt...Kiffin not so much.

Wrong comparison. The better comparison is Pruitt to Smart. Saban gave Smart an office in their facilities and a staff to assist him with his new UGA head coaching duties while he split time between coaching for Alabama and working for Georgia. Evidently Smart did it the right way, was able to handle both professionally and per his agreement with Saban.

Conversely, it was reported that Kiffin didn’t exactly handle it the same way, the right way that Smart did. He supposedly was on his cellphone during actual bowl practice trying to assemble his staff and recruit for FAU. Perhaps there were other issues as well since this is Kiffin we’re talking about.

So one of the reason we hate Kiffin is because he tried to take Tennessee commitments with him to USC...

Makes sense to me

Vol fans never claimed to be free of cognitive dissonance.

Hopefully St Nick will fire him soon and he can get to work full time here

The last couple of days we have seen players being offered by TN that are Bama leans or I believe committed.

How do you think Saban reacts to this & do you think it could effect him coaching Bama in the playoffs.

Which is another reason he shouldn’t still be the D coord at Bama

Reactions: 1 person
Wrong comparison. The better comparison is Pruitt to Smart. Saban gave Smart an office in their facilities and a staff to assist him with his new UGA head coaching duties while he split time between coaching for Alabama and working for Georgia. Evidently Smart did it the right way, was able to handle both professionally and per his agreement with Saban.

Conversely, it was reported that Kiffin didn’t exactly handle it the same way, the right way that Smart did. He supposedly was on his cellphone during actual bowl practice trying to assemble his staff and recruit for FAU. Perhaps there were other issues as well since this is Kiffin we’re talking about.
Does saban have any hot teenage grand daughters? Asking for a former coach...:)

Every recruit out there, at this point, is fair game. They have not signed yet. If he was not out there trying to get the best players available that he thinks will fit his system, then he is doing UT a disservice.

My question was not about whether he should recruit the players. It was mire about the ackward dynamic it has to create between him & Saban & if that might give saban 2nd thoughts on keeping him through the playoffs

He should use Bama phones and call kids and tell them not to go to class. Like yaw yaw corn dog. Go Vols!!

Makes sense to me

Kids were early enrolled and already moved into the dorm in Knoxville. Bray family had already moved from Cali. Significantly different than an unbinding commitment which is all it is right now.

"It's not a crime to be stupid but its inconvenient as hell."

Reactions: 2 people
Until they sign on the dotted line, they can be recruited, regardless of where they have committed! That means Alabama, Clemson, Auburn, or any team in the country commits can still be recruited by Tennessee.

The last couple of days we have seen players being offered by TN that are Bama leans or I believe committed.

How do you think Saban reacts to this & do you think it could effect him coaching Bama in the playoffs.

actually, he wouldn't be coaching for me in the playoffs...believe he'll try his best but have to believe his mind won't be "totally" into it...he left Bama...it's about business now and getting whomever he would want to get their booties to Tennessee...no matter where they may or not be committed...:):)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back