Pruitt on the Spring Game!

quite honestly, I’d guess a whole lotta “real fans” are “emotionally spent” at the moment,

That's the second time in this thread you've mentioned this. All I can say is....bless their hearts.

Edit: I also meant to say Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That's the second time in this thread you've mentioned this. All I can say is....bless their hearts.

Edit: I also meant to say Happy Anniversary!

Glad you noticed I’m being consistent😁. Just think that’s the case for a lot of fans.

Thanks for the well wishes Behr.

Last edited:
Did you just play the “real fan” card? Dang, didn’t see that coming.

It’s a meaningless spring game Jake. Also, quite honestly, I’d guess a whole lotta “real fans” are “emotionally spent” at the moment, especially after the Dooley era, Jones era, and the ridiculously stupid AD and head coach hires in the last year and a half where the “powers that be” at Tennessee essentially told the fan base to go pound sand. Bet a bunch of us a cautiously optimistic, are hopeful, are even praying Pruitt is the right guy.....but are kinda in wait and see mode.

Me personally, will be celebrating my 24th wedding anniversary with my lovely bride this weekend, won’t be making the 3-hour trip to Knoxville, will have to DVR and watch the “game” at a later date. Hopefully you “real fans” can hold down the fort for us 45 year Tennessee Vols football bandwagonners

Thank you for the truth.:hi:

Happy Anniversary!:thumbsup:

Im taking my kids (true fans) to the game. They better not cancel and shut the doors for a practice. Too expensive to go in the fall.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm all for filling Neyland. I'm bringing 5-6 myself. But, what gets me are the people who start posting to FB etc all the hype. It's like setting the ball on the T for those who are fans of teams who have actually won something instead of rebuilding for the last decade. Can we not just let our talk be on the field ... just once?

I'm all for filling Neyland. I'm bringing 5-6 myself. But, what gets me are the people who start posting to FB etc all the hype. It's like setting the ball on the T for those who are fans of teams who have actually won something instead of rebuilding for the last decade. Can we not just let our talk be on the field ... just once?

yeah, i agree with that. talk is cheap, and it's been real cheap since Dooley came out with his "you won't have TN to kick around this year"

the rest of the conference was like "oh yeah, hold my beer..."

and it's been that way since.

go, have fun, support the program.

it means nothing to how next season goes....and anyone that thinks it will, well, they've missed the point.

I wouldnt be surprised to see 20-30k show up. I think our fan base as a whole are emotionally drained from the past three seasons and the whole coaching search fiasco. It would be cool to see a sold out spring game lmao

I wouldnt be surprised to see 20-30k show up. I think our fan base as a whole are emotionally drained from the past three seasons and the whole coaching search fiasco. It would be cool to see a sold out spring game lmao

there'll be more than 20-30k. wont' be sold out either.

i think we'll best the mark made by Butch a few years ago when like 46k showed up.

i think we'll best the mark made by Butch a few years ago when like 46k showed up.

And that was using Butch math on that figure. You can put a person in every other seat in the lower bowl of Neyland and it would look full given how narrow the seats are. That would equal about 34K people.

If the weather is nice there will be a decent crowd there. Whether it is 25K or 50K...who knows?

After Sat. the next football activity (hopefully) won't happen until August. :(

Beautiful weekend and rod runs in town..Would think the weather def helps us.Anyone rem what Butchs first spring game brought in?

While perfectly I’m fine with Pruitt “blocking out the media”, being beyond tight-lipped with discussing players and such and being generally secretive with most everything this spring, I agree with your general thought here........can’t do that, and then suddenly a week before ask for 102k at the Spring game. Can’t have it both ways imo, and unfortunately, he’s not gonna get it. I’d guess he’s gonna get, at best, 1/2 the number of fans he wants on Saturday.....which, given the ish this fan base has been put through over and over again the last decade, especially the last year and a half, would be a remarkable turnout imho.

I don't fault him on either account. Hopefully at least 50,000 will turn out but a larger crowd is unlikely at this stage of the game.

I don't think the energy is in the fan base right now to do so. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool and I hope more than what I predicted shows up.

We have no reason to know everything. You wouldn’t like Saban either. I would rather win with no inside info than what we have been going thru the last decade. Guess you want Jones back so you can lick up what Griffith is pissing.

takes the right moment to use "lick up". wish you well

i think people are making too much of it. there's a lot of people that planned on going regardless (like me), and this will get some more to go...especially the relative local folks.

i think generally, the fan base is excited about all the changes taking place, even those that don't follow things as closely as most of us do.

now, i don't expect 90k or anything. but i really wouldn't be surprised to see 50/60k show up.

it's going to be a great day, and you start checking around, and there's people travelling in for it.

i booked my room a couple weeks ago, but you start checking for rooms, just for Saturday night, and all the IHG downtown hotels are sold out except the Holiday Inn, and they're not allowing anyone to use points to book anymore...so availability is low.

on Hilton properties, the hilton garden inn on cumberland is sold out (friday and saturday night) and the hilton and hampton inn/suites are both about sold out.

and there's probably a lot of people that are just going to drive in and out same day from the surrounding area...couple hours (chattanooga, cookeville, asheville, the tri cities etc...)...of course, no way to predict that really....

but, it may be a better crowd than some think....:thumbsup:

Isn't rod runs this weekend?

I agree that the average fan, even the die-hards, being drained....the appeal just isn't there. Especially after the past couple of seasons....shoulda been SECe champs to SEC chumps...

A lot of UT fans reside in Missouri now.....show me!

VN Store

Back