Pruitt is 'Cruiting Like Heck!

i think it's pretty amazing what he's done to THIS roster in just 7 months for the 2018 season. it's hard not to to be excited about what the roster may look like in a couple years.

Even for this upcoming season, it's crazy how much better our roster looks now than it did back in January. Part of me wants to put on the orange-colored glasses and expect us to compete for the SEC East, but it's just so rare to see a 1st year turnaround, and it'd take a miracle to get the O-line at the top of the conference after last year's performance.

But I will say it's starting to look more realistic that we could conceivably pull off an upset or two.

eh. Pruitt has been brutally honest about what this year may look like on the field when he's talking to recruits. sure, that's something all these prospects will see, and keep an eye on. but to pruitt's credit, he's not over promising on that front.

i think this team needs to avoid embarrassment (41-0 home losses to anyone, sub .500 record) and be competitive. go to a bowl. move on to the future.

and if we win a game, or two, that maybe we aren't supposed to, then great, i'll take the gravy on top.

6 or 7 wins, and avoid getting your doors blown off. i don't think anyone expects us to line up and just beat the likes of GA, Bama or Auburn. i think everyone expects us to beat ETSU, CHarlotte and whoever the other cupcake ooc team is. it's the other 6 games. win 3-4 of those.

we're good.

I think what you described would qualify as real improvement over last year which was my point. No one expects us to be those big 3 this year, but we need to show the gap is closing

Corner being Turned! I can Feel it!!!

Attachments

• rain dance gif.gif
    rain dance gif.gif
    492.5 KB · Views: 365
  • Black Hole 2.gif
    Black Hole 2.gif
    672.9 KB · Views: 365
Reactions: 1 person
if you only knew who was on campus now and this weekend....

I'll bite...Who it was? Who it Was? I went to the recruiting forum but the big names are all so active for the VOLS right now its hard to keep up with and keep my job!! Who was it?

Imagine the 2019 OL with Trey Smith, Wanya Morris, Jerome Carvin, Darnell Wright, Brandon Kennedy and Jackson Lampley starting or in the 2 deep.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm saying we get them all.

0w5UAMX.gif

Saban may end up without an experienced QB at all for this season. He pretty much has to run the clock out on Hurts and then bring in Tua, but if he doesn't manage this perfectly, he'll lose them both. No way Tua sits to watch Hurts play and if he does, he's gone. Saban has to find a way to burn Hurts 3rd year of eligibility and then get him to make a position switch, but he can only make that work by tricking him into burning that third year of eligibility up. He could end up with both guys having a bad taste in their mouths.

Pruitt has been National Recruiter of the Year at two different schools (bama and FSU). Ya gotta believe he knows how to get some talent. Good to see we are going for top talent instead of "being realistic about who we think we could get". For a team that was 4-8 last year, its crazy that we are even getting visits.

Many of us know Tennessee has historically gotten top players in the country. Now that we've gotten rid of coaches with small shoulders like Dooley and Jones things seem to be getting back to normal.

And no, Butch lucking out on legacies and big time instate talent didn't mean he didn't have small man disorder. Even that pool was starting to dry for him. And he lost several top players he had committed early in his tenure and then seemed to go to using chipped bricks.

eh. Pruitt has been brutally honest about what this year may look like on the field when he's talking to recruits. sure, that's something all these prospects will see, and keep an eye on. but to pruitt's credit, he's not over promising on that front.

i think this team needs to avoid embarrassment (41-0 home losses to anyone, sub .500 record) and be competitive. go to a bowl. move on to the future.

and if we win a game, or two, that maybe we aren't supposed to, then great, i'll take the gravy on top.

6 or 7 wins, and avoid getting your doors blown off. i don't think anyone expects us to line up and just beat the likes of GA, Bama or Auburn. i think everyone expects us to beat ETSU, CHarlotte and whoever the other cupcake ooc team is. it's the other 6 games. win 3-4 of those.

we're good.

I could not agree more. But, I would simply and that getting to a bowl game and winning is very important for this team. I’m hopeful that Pruitt can do that and set the Vols up for much bigger improvements in Pruitt’s second and third seasons.

I could not agree more. But, I would simply and that getting to a bowl game and winning is very important for this team. I’m hopeful that Pruitt can do that and set the Vols up for much bigger improvements in Pruitt’s second and third seasons.

Well, I'll be honest, with the roster taking its current shape, specifically along o line, I'm feeling a lot better about 6-7 wins. Still think we have plenty of ?'s.

But o line is taking shape, and if you have that, you have a shot.

i think it's pretty amazing what he's done to THIS roster in just 7 months for the 2018 season. it's hard not to to be excited about what the roster may look like in a couple years.

Yup.If they had post signing day team recruiting rankings we would be # 1 in the nation br a large margin. He’s added a lot of talent and kept Jennings and Kirkland.

This might get thrown over in the recruiting forum, but feel like's it's a pretty good general Football forum post:

Number 1 Athlete in 2019 Class Visiting Vols

But it's not merely Crouch. We're also in on 5-star OL Darnell Wright.

Then there's also this:

Vols get visit from 5-star Linebacker

Long story, short --- we're in on some very good talent. Hoping Pruitt et al can hit a few home runs here.

We need to land them big fish, not just get pictures next to them.

Many of us know Tennessee has historically gotten top players in the country. Now that we've gotten rid of coaches with small shoulders like Dooley and Jones things seem to be getting back to normal.

And no, Butch lucking out on legacies and big time instate talent didn't mean he didn't have small man disorder. Even that pool was starting to dry for him. And he lost several top players he had committed early in his tenure and then seemed to go to using chipped bricks.

It dried up when recruits saw he couldn't coach and talked like an a-hole.

VN Store

Back