Pruitt goes over playing time for QBs

Interesting, we must be watching different teams. It appears to me when KC is in the game the O looks very fluid/smooth. Not to say its better than JG in the game.
As was mentioned earlier he hands the ball to the rb then is forced into a third and long. Don't see that as scared and out of his comfort zone. IMO Pruitt wants to run the offense in a very conservative manner and likes KC under center in the I formation running the clock.

If KC plays against FL unless it's just a blow out one way or the other I look for KC to keep the ball and pick up 10 yards on a couple of carries. Pound the ball, short passes, QB keep. It's what he did at Stanford.
KC won’t play vs Florida unless JG is injured. Because, and this is very important.....Keller is the backup qb and JG is the starter.

KC won’t play vs Florida unless JG is injured. Because, and this is very important.....Keller is the backup qb and JG is the starter.
Yeah I think most of us understand that. On the other hand I think some of us understand Pruitt wants to play both QB's and chances are he will.

If they both play we lose imo.... I know it is cliche to say but eventually one guy has to be handed the keys to the car and trusted to drive this team. It's a mistake to think a coach can be the leader on the field... great teams have a "field general" if that person is looking over there shoulder all the time it's definitely distracting them from the focus. If you have two Qbs you have none...

It could mean that the Oline let JG get knocked out and require KC to play, sure hope not, but I think Florida may have a better front 7 than WV, well see very soon

Not seen anything from either guy that will have other teams scheming specifically to stop them.

If Chryst was blowing everyone away like a few on here seem to think, seems like he would have been able to step in somewhere else as a guaranteed starter.

Personally think he should stick with JG unless he implodes or gets hurt or Chryst really takes off in practice.

Question 1:
How many years has it been since we have not had a QB knocked out at some point during the season?

Question 2:
Have you seen our oline?

I don't care who you prefer, this is wise planning on coaches part.

Reactions: Weezer and Zues1
I agree with this as JG has had 1 1/2 years to prove he is an SEC quality QB and he just simply does not get it done. I know his completion % is good but the playbook is small with him and his inability to read defenses will cause issues during SEC games. I am not sure KC is the answer as it seems he is unable to take snaps away from JG in practice. I look forward to the 4 games in which Strout gets some time as he may be the short term answer until Mauer is ready or someone else takes the helm. We are a dynamic QB away from being back as our Dline is getting bigger, our Oline will follow with new recruits and we already have playmakers in the backfield and at wideout. Our DB's are young and will learn on the job.

Just like the BBall team was a dynamic PG away from getting over the hump in the last couple of years. They now have that covered and we will get to see what happens.

Question. How long has JG had a QB coach at UT?

Reactions: lexkyvol
Well the other players are on the roster right now. You would be amazed at how bad QB play can effect the entire game. The D stays on the field longer so they are tired and give up more points and yards, the WR's get frustrated because they are open but do not get the ball, the Dline blitzs your QB more and stops more runs because they know your QB cannot beat them. All of those things should sound familiar as they happened last year and will happen again this year.

So its all about the QB? OL and WRs have nothing to do with it?

Our "field general" QB is not on the roster yet. The coaches do not have confidence in JG like some posters on here do or he would be 100% the guy! JG must not be taking the position in practice and KC must not be developing like the coaches want for this position to be in this state of flux during preparation for game 4. KC has not gotten a fair shake in games as he just comes in and hands it off for 2 plays and then is expected to throw for a 1st down on 3rd and long. I think our leaders in the locker room could easily be a RB or LB or someone other than the QB as it was in 98. I do not think anyone would question whether or not Al Wilson was the leader of that team.
Yeah, so this post is complete bull ish. KC got his fair shake in fall camp, didn’t come close to winning them job, and has only gotten playing time, appropriately so, vs the scrub teams, to get him prepared to play in the event JG gets hurt. As Doug Mathews, Dave McGuiness, Erik Ainge and Jayson Swain (among others) have all stated with conviction, “JG is unmistakably Tennessee’s quarterback”. So get used to it.

Meanwhile, JG is playing with very good efficiency, completing 72% of his passes, is hitting his intermediate as well as deep passes, is taking great care of the ball (no turnovers) and is showing very good leadership both of the field and on the sideline.

Go peddle that ridiculousness somewhere else, cause any one looking objectively at JG’s play thus far ain’t buying it.

JG doesn’t seem to have swag, he doesn’t spark the offense, so far the offense has shown ability to move the ball but not very good at finishing drive with TDS. Seems he plays mechanically instead of with a feel.

Not saying KC would do any better.

Put JG behind a line that he could depend on and he would light it up. Every time we pass he has to check 6 blockers to see where the bust is, read the blitz, then can begin looking for receivers.
His new found ability to run will prove to be very valuable. It will slow the rush, making the rushers stay in their lanes and make teams pay for blitzing and missing.

Yeah, so this post is complete bull ish. KC got his fair shake in fall camp, didn’t come close to winning them job, and has only gotten playing time, appropriately so, vs the scrub teams, to get him prepared to play in the event JG gets hurt. As Doug Mathews, Dave McGuiness, Erik Ainge and Jayson Swain (among others) have all stated with conviction, “JG is unmistakably Tennessee’s quarterback”. So get used to it.

Meanwhile, JG is playing with very good efficiency, completing 72% of his passes, is hitting his intermediate as well as deep passes, is taking great care of the ball (no turnovers) and is showing very good leadership both of the field and on the sideline.

Go peddle that ridiculousness somewhere else, cause any one looking objectively at JG’s play thus far ain’t buying it.

Ridiculous??? Then why is JG only 34% on 3rd down? You think we are gonna beat an SEC team converting 34% of 3rd downs?

When is the last time we were good? When is the last time we had a dynamic QB on the roster? Think that is just dumb luck?

When do you consider the last time we were good? Also, when was the last time we had a dynamic QB and an OL that is anywhere remotely as bad as we have now?

VN Store

Back