Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

You mean another 5 star like Richmond? Or a borderline 5 star like Blair! Because I can't imagine where we would be if we hadn't landed the two of them. Replacing Mays with a 5 star isn't important. Replacing him with someone who has been evaluated and wanted by a competent staff IS what's important.

No I mean one like Trey Smith

shhhhhh. we need Mays badly. :bad:

We definitely do. We need all the big body and physical lineman we can get. He would be a huge get if they can turn him back to the good guys.I F he is a good as advertised him and Trey would be hell to deal with for Defensive lineman.

Agree not all 5* players end up in the NFL, however, the percentages are that more do than 3 and 4 * players. Not many 5* players come out of Knoxville and to lose 2 in two years really stings. Especially when one is a legacy that has been committed for almost 2 years.

Completely agree. We have to lock down the 4* and 5* instate players, especially ones in our own back yard. Losing a 5* legacy player who grew up a Vol fan would be hard to swallow. Even worse if it's damn Dabo and Clemson again.No reason we shouldn't get the majority of those type players.What was the reasoning for him to just up and drop us from his faves? Was it something Butch did or something different?

Reactions: 1 person
No such thing as a guarantee when it comes to recruits. Some of us Ole timers remember a five star recruit named Randy Hall out of Knoxville. He was every bit as coveted as an offensive lineman as Cade. Signed with Tennessee. Injured and never played a down.

Unfortunately that has happened more than our fair share with 5*. Players the last 20 years or so. Not sure any school has had more 5* flops than we have. We are due for some good luck in recruiting, coach's and games.

I just have a feeling this has been Mays' way of voicing his displeasure with how the Tennessee program was being operated. Just like how we tweeted, emailed, and called trying to voice our opinion on the coaching search, I think Mays decommitted and "permanently eliminated" Tennessee to say that if things were not changed he was going elsewhere. Now that we have Pruitt and Fulmer I think Mays will listen to their plans for Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
Completely agree. We have to lock down the 4* and 5* instate players, especially ones in our own back yard. Losing a 5* legacy player who grew up a Vol fan would be hard to swallow. Even worse if it's damn Dabo and Clemson again.No reason we shouldn't get the majority of those type players.What was the reasoning for him to just up and drop us from his faves? Was it something Butch did or something different?

Have you seen the product on the field the last two years?

Reactions: 1 person
Guys he is not coming, and it's not his fault , he has been committed for 2 years and witnessed up close last season and the misery of it. If he wants to go somewhere else , god bless him hope he has a good experience

Reactions: 5 people
Guys he is not coming, and it's not his fault , he has been committed for 2 years and witnessed up close last season and the misery of it. If he wants to go somewhere else , god bless him hope he has a good experience

He’s a five star and a legacy player, I hope CJP doesn’t give up that easily..

Reactions: 7 people
He’s a five star and a legacy player, I hope CJP doesn’t give up that easily..

I'm sure nobody is giving up and I'd bet that in his heart, Tennessee is where Mays wants to be. But I don't blame anybody for looking at their options after the grease fire we've seen in the last few months.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure nobody is giving up and I'd bet that in his heart, Tennessee is where Mays wants to be. But I don't blame anybody for looking at their options after the grease fire we've seen in the last few months.

Fires out brother and it’s time to move ahead, I think we’re actually on the verge of turning the page. If he decides to go elsewhere I’ll be bummed but I’ll respect his decision..

Reactions: 2 people
Have you seen the product on the field the last two years?

Not sure how that's relevant on locking down the better players instate. Didn't hurt us on our last losing season a few yrs ago. You would think Mays would see the opportunity to have every opportunity to start from day 1. And in his hometown. The talent in TN continues to get better every year and have to keep the ones we have instate. Atleast the majority of them.

Fires out brother and it’s time to move ahead, I think we’re actually on the verge of turning the page. If he decides to go elsewhere I’ll be bummed but I’ll respect his decision..

Exactly. This season was definitely a dumpster fire, however, it's not like we have had 3 consecutive 4-8 seasons. We won 9 games each of the previous 2 seasons and with this new coaching staff, I think our program is headed in the right direction and it won't take long. If Cade Mayes feels deep down that he wants to be a Vol, I hope he doesn't let the last few months dissuade him. There's nothing better than becoming a local legend and he will regret it 20 years from now if he doesn't go with his heart.

VN Store

Back