Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

Ha. Smith and Mays as bookends with Richmond starts to form a power sec line. Without mays we struggle on OL and therefore protecting qb and running.

We will be fine with or without Mays. I want him to be a Vol but it's not gonna be the determining factor between a good class and an average one.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't kid yourself bro. We need him desperately! I believe we have more o-line help especially from a monster, orange.blooded, legacy. Him, Tre, Hall and Richmond sounds like a rocksta o-line. Come on home Cade, we need you desperately

We need Austin Thomas to hit the ground running and start earning his paycheck..yesterday.

Reactions: 3 people
Agreed, like all schools we've had our share of busts on the Oline that we're " sure things"

You're absolutely right. I would imagine OLine recruiting and QB recruiting would be the 2 hardest position groups to get a good feel on them one way or another and atleast have an idea if they can be elite or if they have almost maxed their ceiling out. Cannotvbe an easy job getting good reads on either group.

Dabo was apparently spotted on Lawnville Drive today. Looks like everyone is trying to give their last, best sales pitch.

I heard on sports talk ( Fox in Knox) that the meeting with Fulmer and Pruitt went over approx. 1 hour and Dabo had to wait . I don't feel good about getting Mays but sure would be a bonus to our class if we can somehow land him. We need lineman on both sides of the ball to compete in the SEC. Losing another 5* from our own backyard to Clemson for the second year in a row would totally suck!

You're totally wrong unless we replace him with another 5* offensive lineman. :loco:

You mean another 5 star like Richmond? Or a borderline 5 star like Blair! Because I can't imagine where we would be if we hadn't landed the two of them. Replacing Mays with a 5 star isn't important. Replacing him with someone who has been evaluated and wanted by a competent staff IS what's important.

Reactions: 17 people
Don't kid yourself bro. We need him desperately! I believe we have more o-line help especially from a monster, orange.blooded, legacy. Him, Tre, Hall and Richmond sounds like a rocksta o-line. Come on home Cade, we need you desperately

Yes we need him but after the way he has acted towards Fulmer and Pruitt, screw him. Not even allowing them an in home visit after being committed for almost 2 years? Sorry. No thanks.

Reactions: 6 people
Well Cade will be a 4 year starter at Tennessee. Can't say the same for Clemson, osu, and jawja. Psst, Sam Pittman is retiring, pass it around!

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw the group photo from this visit on television.

If it's any indication of how the meeting went, everyone appeared to be beaming. And AD Coach Fulmer looked like a Cheshire cat.

Fulmer is probably loving this stuff. That guy was a recruiting machine from the 80s-00s. That was the skill that got him to the HoF.

I would be shocked if this full court press is unsuccessful.

Fulmer is probably loving this stuff. That guy was a recruiting machine from the 80s-00s. That was the skill that got him to the HoF.

I would be shocked if this full court press is unsuccessful.

Well... mostly correct.

He does sound like he is energized at this point. Good stuff going on and more to come from this staff.

You're totally wrong unless we replace him with another 5* offensive lineman. :loco:

I absolutely want him and we need him but neither you, me , the Coach's or anybody else knows if he will be a future NFL player or just another highly rated kid with a bad attitude who peaked before he got on a college campus. Just because he has that 5 beside him doesn't guarantee he's better than everyone he's rated ahead of.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes we need him but after the way he has acted towards Fulmer and Pruitt, screw him. Not even allowing them an in home visit after being committed for almost 2 years? Sorry. No thanks.

I thought your first post in this thread was your worst ever, but alas, I was wrong. He is an 18 year-old kid with championship and NFL aspirations. He has a lot of people in his ear right now. Cut him some slack. At least for another week when he makes it official.

thought that was because the family is in hunting mode ?

I absolutely want him and we need him but neither you, me , the Coach's or anybody else knows if he will be a future NFL player or just another highly rated kid with a bad attitude who peaked before he got on a college campus. Just because he has that 5 beside him doesn't guarantee he's better than everyone he's rated ahead of.

No such thing as a guarantee when it comes to recruits. Some of us Ole timers remember a five star recruit named Randy Hall out of Knoxville. He was every bit as coveted as an offensive lineman as Cade. Signed with Tennessee. Injured and never played a down.

Agree not all 5* players end up in the NFL, however, the percentages are that more do than 3 and 4 * players. Not many 5* players come out of Knoxville and to lose 2 in two years really stings. Especially when one is a legacy that has been committed for almost 2 years.

Reactions: 3 people
Well Cade will be a 4 year starter at Tennessee. Can't say the same for Clemson, osu, and jawja. Psst, Sam Pittman is retiring, pass it around!

There is definitely no guarantee he ends up one of the best Olineman in the country much less knowing if he's a day one starter till he leaves school.I t sounds good in theory but when it comes to teenage males there's nothing that's a given. I hope he committs to us and becomes an all American for 4 straight years.

VN Store

Back