Proud to have Butch Jones as our coach

This thread went south fast.

Seems like they always do. VN tends to be very contrarian by nature, so it is no surprise (obviously) when controversial topics like faith and politics come up, it turns into a show you could sell tickets to see.

Thank you Lord for providing us the ability to discuss religion on a open internet football forum without the risk of persecution or death for doing so. Amen

Reactions: 7 people
Saturday the 30th is UT day on SEC NETWORK. One game shown will be the Northwestern bowl. I was recovering from quintupel bypass surgery so will be a bit happier to watch it Saturday!

People like you state freedom of speech when you tout no religion rhetoric. He has his right to speak freely with no persecution. People like you make people who believe in religion scared to be who they are. If a woman can be a man with no persecution then so can a Christian. Bet you're a trump guy.

Make Vols football great again

Reactions: 2 people
You don't talk about sex in church. You don't talk about religion at work. You don't talk about business at dinner. You don't talk about your social life with your congressman. And you don't talk about politics (or sex, or religion) in a football forum.

There are no bad topics. There's just the wisdom to know what topics fit in which circumstances.

Real proud of Butch, completely blind to his religious beliefs, but proud because of what he has accomplished and the way he has accomplished it. Can brag on his values without getting into religion. And his values are top-notch, except when he punches Mack in the stomach. ;)

Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
I wonder how many good-ole-boy VNers would change their opinion if they knew he is a Catholic.

I think he's wrong on some very important things. That doesn't mean his faith doesn't affect his behavior. The Good Lord will hit a straight lick with a crooked stick anytime He wants.

Reactions: 3 people
LOL! Typical liberal millinial response. Devoid of fact just innuendo. Keep sucking on the liberal agenda and one day you'll understand.

But the Republican Party has elected a Democrat to run for president on the Republican ticket. Really, is there a hill of beans difference in the hypocrisy of the two major political parties?

Reactions: 2 people
It frustrates me to hear people say that church is full of hypocrites, when in all honesty the world itself is full of hypocrites. I don't go to church to pretend that I am better than you, I go because I'm man enough to fess up to the fact that I am not (PRAISE THE LORD). Those that pray, are those that are in need of prayer. We ALL need prayer. We ALL must seek JESUS. I will pray for VN and all who have accepted Christ, and all who have yet to come to know him. A Christian rapper who goes by the name Lecrae summed it up nicely. He said "if I am wrong about GOD then I wasted my life, but if you're wrong about GOD then you wasted your eternity". AMEN.

Reactions: 4 people
All humans sin. Every. Single. One.

Some people who don't attend church regularly assume it's full of people who "think they're better" than they are.

The truth is, most people go to church because they know they're sinners and they need to be humbled, and reminded of the faith that calls them to be something better than they are.

Reactions: 5 people
I will pray to the alter of Xenu to get a NC this season. I love CBJ and he can believe anything he wants it's none of my business. If offering a live chicken to JoBu gets us a victory over Florida then have at it Hoss.

Reactions: 3 people
I will pray to the alter of Xenu to get a NC this season. I love CBJ and he can believe anything he wants it's none of my business. If offering a live chicken to JoBu gets us a victory over Florida then have at it Hoss.

As a Christian, haha.

Reactions: 1 person
Shoop hire tells me he has. Arky was only game I put on Butch. Dc I blame for all others.

Shoop told him to go for 2 also. How the hell did he lose that one on his own? Arkansas ?That's like the one we actually got whipped in.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back