Proud to have Butch Jones as our coach

If you ever find an atheist who doesn't want to chime in with some smart *** response every time God is brought up, let me know.

They have to show how smart they are compared to everyone else.

Not meaning to add fuel to the fire, but there's about as many who remain silent and respectful as those who aren't. There are always going to be **** heads :hi:

Reactions: 6 people
Webbvol32,

You are operating on a stolen worldview, friend. Anytime you make a truth claim about something it shows that you know God. You suppress the truth because you love the dark instead of the light. How can you make a morality claim without there being an ultimate standard for that morality? The simple answer is that you can't. It doesn't matter how you will try to spin it, you are sitting on your Heavenly Father's lap slapping Him in the face all the while you are eating and drinking food and water He gave you, breathing air He created to sustain you, wearing clothes and living in a home He made provision for. Repent and believe the gospel, friend. It's not about escaping eternal torment. We all want that before the Good Lord changes our hearts. It's about entering into a relationship with the God of the universe and experiencing true life in Him.

I'll be here if you want to talk about it.

Reactions: 8 people
I too am proud of Coach Jones. His belief in an antiquated religion has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some of us are capable of good without the threat of eternal damnation.

People like you state freedom of speech when you tout no religion rhetoric. He has his right to speak freely with no persecution. People like you make people who believe in religion scared to be who they are. If a woman can be a man with no persecution then so can a Christian. Bet you're a trump guy.

I just pray that Butch has received guidance on how to coach in the 4th Quarter...

UTOK_0170_AL_23946857_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Yea he is better then Dooley, but he has not beat Florida, and they got them selves a great coach. We will see.

Yea he is better then Dooley, but he has not beat Florida, and they got them selves a great coach. We will see.

I laugh that people cant see where our program was and now is. We will be ranked in top 8 when we play FL. We haven't sniffed prevalence in a long ass time. He has stopped two losing streaks and hes working on the rest. Thank you butch.

Reactions: 2 people
The minute you lay on the Divine's back no matter which or what Divinity It is a football program, a coach, or a game you do It a disservice IMO. My example and not wishing it occurs and totally hypothetical, were CBJ to somehow falter or be caught in a situation not meeting the standards of some folk's faith, OP and his faith would look pretty silly. We see this daily as "youth ministers" and other pastors and preachers make the news regularly doing stuff on Monday they tell everybody else they're going to hell for on Sunday. Just stop mixing faith with football and football programs. The Divine is not a loser, don't try to make Him/Her/It one please.

A head coach for any sport need a good and strong minded leader with sports leadership ability, not just business smarts. Like the statement from the movie "Patton", I fear being a good soldier will not enough, we must be good politicians as well. God help us!!

Shoop hire tells me he has. Arky was only game I put on Butch. Dc I blame for all others.

Jones is responsible for his staff and the philosophies and game plans of his coordinators. He's on the headset and is in constant communication with his coaches. It's ultimately his responsibility, especially when the same issues with the defense kept cropping up.

Agree about Shoop though. Great hire and upgrade from Jancek IMO.

Free will, that is what we all have. You can believe or you can choose not to. The OP clearly believes and just so happens to be a football fan as well and seemed to be proud that Butch while building this program draws strength from God with a verse that speaks of strengthing hands to build something. It's kinda fitting and the OP pointed it out.

Any VN members that read that and are not believers could have just backed out of the thread or said were proud of our coach too or a ton of comments that wouldn't be smug or insulting. OP clearly wasn't pushing his belief on anybody and wasn't trying to force anyone to believe and sure wasn't downing the non-believers.

Folks should think through things a lil more before they act like azz's to someone. People are way too quick to be mean. That person may help you someday or may have already done something to help you or your family. Plz show respect.

I've seen that VN freaks out if anything is posted about God, just don't read it or when you come up on that post, read past it or back out of it.

Y'all post about basketball, hockey, baseball, movies, etc in this football forum. People that don't like that stuff or choose not to pursue it just bypass it so whats diff about God to cause such a stir?

I love The Lord and have no prob telling anybody but ill not force anybody to believe likewise nor will I look down on anyone that believes differently and I expect the same in return instead of people acting smug about it.

Ephesians 4:32
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Reactions: 9 people
Jones is responsible for his staff and the philosophies and game plans of his coordinators. He's on the headset and is in constant communication with his coaches. It's ultimately his responsibility, especially when the same issues with the defense kept cropping up.

Agree about Shoop though. Great hire and upgrade from Jancek IMO.
I don't blame Butch for not blitzing against FL. That's a coordinators call. He changed and last year was no flop. We are relevant again. Its not like we went 6-6. We had the best year we have had in a long time.

I don't blame Butch for not blitzing against FL. That's a coordinators call. He changed and last year was no flop. We are relevant again. Its not like we went 6-6. We had the best year we have had in a long time.

We obviously were much improved last year....9 wins is the best season we've had in awhile, can't argue that and was very proud to see it.

But it's the head coach's responsibility to know what his coordinators are doing and step in if he doesn't like what he's seeing and hearing. After 2013 Vandie, 2014 Florida and 2015 Oklahoma, I'd think he'd have been heavily involved with the defensive philosophy we'd employ in late-game situations going forward.

Reactions: 1 person
I laugh that people cant see where our program was and now is. We will be ranked in top 8 when we play FL. We haven't sniffed prevalence in a long ass time. He has stopped two losing streaks and hes working on the rest. Thank you butch.

Still has not beat Florida.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't we just appreciate the sentiment of the OP? I thought it was well stated, and the quoted verse fits Butch's mantra perfectly. Also, not all atheists are smug. Some of us are respectful to all religions, so long as others are respectful of us. Never phases me one bit when someone quotes scripture. There is some great advice in there, and some beautiful verse. OP was very respectful in his post. Tolerance works both ways. /Rant, back to lurking in the recruiting forum.

Reactions: 6 people

It doesn't matter if we're ranked #1 going into that game if we find another way to lose to them. Beating UGA was a good win but stopping the Mizzou streak (one he was responsible for) had more to do with what they had become, not what we had

VN Store

Back