Proud of the Country for the first time in my life

I think that went over your head haha. I think there are issues with white people making judgments on what is and isn't offensive to non-white people.

But is that different from black people telling non-black people what words/actions are and aren't racist? I mean by today's standards, any white police officer who arrests a black man is labeled as a definite racist by black people.

Reactions: 1 person
But the real issues and what is not being discussed is that 9 innocent people were slaughtered in a hate crime. We arent talking about that and we arent trying to figure out why it happened, because you know why? Deep down people dont give a ****, they are more concerned with their own opinions and what offends them and have used this as an opportunity to voice out. Taking down every single thing that even remotely hints at the Civil War or slavery back in the day, will have absolutely no effect on the racial issues in this country. When we actually look at the true issues we might stand a chance to all come together on the same page.

Reactions: 2 people
But why would that surprise you VK? Look at where they have gone with this in less than a month. And whats happened so far is more than it being removed from a Government building.

I think there's a difference between businesses not carrying certain merchandise (which is their right) and the government banning the flag from individuals' personal possession and arresting them for having it. Like I said, I don't think that's what comes next, and I wouldn't support that.

"Would it be okay for white people to just start calling every black person they see a n*gger?"

"Well, black people do it anyway."

Predictable. And it doesn't even answer the question.

Your simpleton response is an example of what the problems really are in this country, you arent listening and instead twisting what I am saying to fit your agenda.

Reactions: 3 people
I think there's a difference between businesses not carrying certain merchandise (which is their right) and the government banning the flag from individuals' personal possession and arresting them for having it. Like I said, I don't think that's what comes next, and I wouldn't support that.

I fully support a business choosing what they sell and what they dont sell. You know it has been proposed to dig up Nathan Bedford Forrest.

But the problem is, that you dont have a right in this country to not be offended. Everyone is going to be offended by something, it's just human nature. Are we going to start removing everything that is offensive when someone complains about it?

I get that anyone can be offended by anything, including trivial things, but I don't think asking that the Confederate flag not be flown at the state capital means we're on the road to banning pictures of bread to appease gluten-free people.

Your simpleton response is an example of what the problems really are in this country, you arent listening and instead twisting what I am saying to fit your agenda.

What am I twisting? I'm saying, "black people already use that word" is the same thing 90% of white people say when the n word is brought up. I actually thought about writing, "inb4 'well black people already use it'" into my post. Therefore, it's predictable. I'm not trying to make a deeper point than that.

I get that anyone can be offended by anything, including trivial things, but I don't think asking that the Confederate flag not be flown at the state capital means we're on the road to banning pictures of bread to appease gluten-free people.

When you take the Dukes of Hazzard off tv, you have crossed the line.

We are heading in that direction VK, but I do agree that it shouldnt be flown at the state capital (actually it should be up to the state), but that's not what this is turning into.

What am I twisting? I'm saying, "black people already use that word" is the same thing 90% of white people say when the n word is brought up. I actually thought about writing, "inb4 'well black people already use it'" into my post. Therefore, it's predictable. I'm not trying to make a deeper point than that.

I didnt say that, so try and read slower. I said
White people are making the decision for black to be using the word in everyday conversations?
, this was in response to
So you think it's okay for white people to go ahead and make that decision, then?

whites arent using the word in everyday conversations

I fully support a business choosing what they sell and what they dont sell. You know it has been proposed to dig up Nathan Bedford Forrest.

There are conflicting reasons for that, as some are saying they're doing it so they can sell the land to UT, but I agree that the people saying "his body shouldn't be buried on public property so it should be moved" are way, way over the top.

There are conflicting reasons for that, as some are saying they're doing it so they can sell the land to UT, but I agree that the people saying "his body shouldn't be buried on public property so it should be moved" are way, way over the top.

You, I, and anyone with a pulse knows that there is one single reason for this being proposed. Suggesting otherwise is just being disingenuous.

When you take the Dukes of Hazzard off tv, you have crossed the line.

We are heading in that direction VK, but I do agree that it shouldnt be flown at the state capital (actually it should be up to the state), but that's not what this is turning into.

If it's up to the state, in a majority white Southern state, it would keep flying for probably decades.

I didnt say that, so try and read slower. I said , this was in response to

whites arent using the word in everyday conversations

Before all that, you said "And it is used in everyday conversation and it's not whitey using it." That's what I called predictable.

Wow.

VKAman as the OP I can tell you what this is in response to. It is not removing the C Flag from state property. It is about an ongoing trend where people DO take trivial things that offend them or more frustratingly, they believe would be offensive to someone else and try to get them banned, changed, etc.

It is not about what most see as reasonable questions "is it right for a state house to fly the C Flag"; it is about what most people see as irrational attempts to sanitize the world from any possible connotation of race, gender, religion, health status, etc that might in some possible circumstance be considered offensive by someone.

So, conflating it with C Flag on state property or should white people be able to use the "n" word is a complete red herring.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a race war in this country in the next 50 years. That's where this is eventually headed.

And both my little sisters are black. The rest of my family is white. So if that crap happens we will hold up on my dad's 10 acres up on top of a ridge off if Chapman highway and drop anything that moves if it turns up the long, winding, steep driveway up the mountain. Black,white, green, purple...will all be deader than hell..if they come looking for trouble.

Oh, like a democracy? No wonder the flag was so quick to go down.

Yes, like a democracy. Fortunately, this country is a democratic republic, because a true democracy would never work.

If we let southern states vote on segregation in the '60s, it would still be segregated today and all black people born in the South would be SOL.

1.jpg

And this is their healthy version.

your such a tease.

VN Store

Back