Props to Pearl on UT Dedication

As much as I disagree with Hat on the Pearl subject, he has owned up to being wrong before. I don't think he is trying to "save himself" on this one, the man just believes we would be better in another direction. Now, does that mean he is wrong or right? No, it's all opinionated and left up for discussion. I'm glad we have guys like Hat who know what they are talking about and see both sides, even though not many like to agree with him too often.

Go Pearl. Go Verdell. Go Vols.
Verdell and his mates are having a tough go of it. Without Creek, they are pretty bad.

I'm getting way too much enjoyment out of the fact that you've been exposed. You know it, I know it. If you do know what really happened (which obviously you dont) you'll know it won't be posted here so you don't have to worry about your message board "street cred" but I'm happy enough knowing that you know you've been ousted to me at least.

Say Hi to Lon for me.
What's been exposed? That you're silly enough to believe what Team Pearl sells? What happened is simple. Once Sean Miller initially passed on Arizona and Tim Floyd took a pass, the Pumps tried to parlay their having been Lute Olson's Final Four ticket scalpers for years into an opportunity for Saint Bruce. Livengood was not dumb enough to bite. It's not complex.

What's been exposed? That you're silly enough to believe what Team Pearl sells? What happened is simple. Once Sean Miller initially passed on Arizona and Tim Floyd took a pass, the Pumps tried to parlay their having been Lute Olson's Final Four ticket scalpers for years into an opportunity for Saint Bruce. Livengood was not dumb enough to bite. It's not complex.

I tell you what, I'll believe what I know to be fact and you keep chucking this stuff out there for effect, doesn't matter to me.

I tell you what, I'll believe what I know to be fact and you keep chucking this stuff out there for effect, doesn't matter to me.
I'm getting a kick out of someone believing something told to them by Bruce Pearl or his entourage is "fact."

I did mean to ask you, since you're one of the few Pearlophiles who seem to actually pay attention to the game and your screen name indicates you are in Iowa, do the locals want Lickliter and/or McDermott fired?

I did mean to ask you, since you're one of the few Pearlophiles who seem to actually pay attention to the game and your screen name indicates you are in Iowa, do the locals want Lickliter and/or McDermott fired?

I hate that I don't know if you're trying to set me up on this question but I'm going to assume you're sincere.

I honestly don't know the feeling on the McDermott situation, not real close to that situation at all. Had a very brief conversation with one of the assistants not too long ago and got no impression they were feeling any heat but he wouldn't have told me if they were.

Lickliter - Depends on who you ask. What I do know is that Carver arena is near empty and the team isn't competitive or fun to watch. I think Lickliter probably could've gotten it done at Iowa but he made some very poor asst coach choices (no experience) and recruiting is going to sink him. The facilities suck right now too and that isn't helping.

I hate that I don't know if you're trying to set me up on this question but I'm going to assume you're sincere.

I honestly don't know the feeling on the McDermott situation, not real close to that situation at all. Had a very brief conversation with one of the assistants not too long ago and got no impression they were feeling any heat but he wouldn't have told me if they were.

Lickliter - Depends on who you ask. What I do know is that Carver arena is near empty and the team isn't competitive or fun to watch. I think Lickliter probably could've gotten it done at Iowa but he made some very poor asst coach choices (no experience) and recruiting is going to sink him. The facilities suck right now too and that isn't helping.
One thing you'll learn about me if hang around here long enough is that if I ask a question, I'm actually simply asking a question. I'd be surprised if McDermott isn't catching some Hell. That team has some pretty good talent, elite talent in the case of Brackins, and they can't beat anyone worth a damn. Orr, Floyd, and Eustachy all showed you can do pretty well in Ames. About Lickliter, if they didn't have Iowa uniforms on and I just saw that team in generic gear, I'd assume it was Drake or Evansville. They are flat awful. He's turned out to be more Barry Collier than Thad Matta.

One thing you'll learn about me if hang around here long enough is that if I ask a question, I'm actually simply asking a question.

Fair enough. Most Iowa fans were real excited with the hire but you look at the roster and outside of Matt Gatens I'm not sure there's any other DI talent. You are correct, they are flat out awful and I will be amazed if they win a game this year in the Big 10. I'm guessing for one reason or another he'll get another year though.

Fair enough. Most Iowa fans were real excited with the hire but you look at the roster and outside of Matt Gatens I'm not sure there's any other DI talent. You are correct, they are flat out awful and I will be amazed if they win a game this year in the Big 10. I'm guessing for one reason or another he'll get another year though.
They've had too much roster turnover. When every time you turn around a starter is transferring or being suspended, you've got a program with serious problems. I knew they were SOL this year when I saw Devan Bawinkel was getting minutes early.

Sorry to go OT a little, someone mentioned that Pearl could have pulled a Kiffin and I just wanted to comment on that...

If Bruce were to leave for a "dream job" kind of deal, I'd not really have that big a problem with it. I like Bruce Pearl, and I think he's done a good job at UT, making basketball competitive, and setting up a good core for the future. THAT'S the difference for me between IF he were to leave and what Kiffin did. At least leave the place nicer than you found it, and I think he's done that. If after that, he feels like he's reached a ceiling here, and doesn't want to be here anymore, that's fine, and the man made his own bed.

On the other hand, if he feels that this is in fact his dream job, and wants to stay, then I support him completely.

Flame suit on?

I'm just curious...

I've heard a lot of people talk about Pearl looking at other opportunities, but outside of Memphis, I've not heard anything about him doing that. What is the basis of these statements?

It seems to me that given our facilities and our deep pockets, there aren't many programs that would be an upgrade for him? Add to that he's got two kids enrolled at Tennessee, the fact that he donates a lot of his money back, he's married to a local, it just wouldn't make any sense for him to leave. What do I not know about that others do?

VN Store

Back