Props to Pearl on UT Dedication

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
I'm not infatuated with Bruce Pearl like a lot seem to be. I will say though his fill-in role as the speaker Tuesday when Weasel vacated was much needed. He spoke how UT was a great place to coach and how the football team would be okay.Nice gesture. Maybe he's not so bad for the university after all.

I'm not infatuated with Bruce Pearl like a lot seem to be. I will say though his fill-in role as the speaker Tuesday when Weasel vacated was much needed. He spoke how UT was a great place to coach and how the football team would be okay.Nice gesture. Maybe he's not so bad for the university after all.
You do realize he's had his minions sniffing around every decent job that's been open the last two offseasons, don't you?

Waiting for this thread and hat to be all over it. Coaches being loyal to anything other than themselves and money are a dying, almost extinct, breed
Posted via VolNation Mobile

c'mon hat, we all know Pearl is dedicated........to Hamilton's check book.

At least he didn't take the Memphis job and then call Scotty about a transfer. Plus, he's way more successful than Kiff ever was. You haters look dumber all the time, questioning the coaching skills after beating Kansas and now questioning CBP's loyalty after Kiffin.
There are multiple attorneys on this thread
I thought that^ comment the other day summed up exactly why these anti-Pearl arguments sound so fabricated. Some people just live to hear their own opinion.

At least he didn't take the Memphis job and then call Scotty about a transfer. Plus, he's way more successful than Kiff ever was. You haters look dumber all the time, questioning the coaching skills after beating Kansas and now questioning CBP's loyalty after Kiffin.
I thought that^ comment the other day summed up exactly why these anti-Pearl arguments sound so fabricated. Some people just live to hear their own opinion.

deny deny deny deny... and sooner or later the truth will just agree with you.

I love Bruce Pearl...it's bearable to watch UT basketball again. He's rejuvenated the program, something it needed badly. But I'm still waiting on significant tournament wins.

So you don't deny what hat said is true?

And I'm laughing at "At least he didn't take the Memphis job"....
It might be true. It might not be. Haven't seen a link confirming it. All I know, Pearl hasn't left yet. He could've pulled a kiffin but hasn't. Hat just doesn't like Pearl and will find anything to bash the man, regardless of everything he's done for this program!

I can with near 100% certainty say they're better at Tennessee.
I can say with 100% certainty I don't care. Being closer to the Tennessee program would require interaction with the Tennessee staff. However, next time I'm in Las Vegas to interview Lon, I'll be sure to stop by Jim Livengood's office to let him know Pearl and Co. are selling the same silliness about the Arizona job that they peddled about Memphis. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of that.

No need to argue with Him. He will just degrade you. He is good at it. Better to laugh at Him and go on.

Oh, trust me I'm laughing. I really enjoy seeing someone make something up not realizing that there are those out there who can actually call him on it.

I have a theory that he wanted to be w/in the Tennessee circle but got laughed at so now he does his talking on here.

I can say with 100% certainty I don't care. Being closer to the Tennessee program would require interaction with the Tennessee staff. However, next time I'm in Las Vegas to interview Lon, I'll be sure to stop by Jim Livengood's office to let him know Pearl and Co. are selling the same silliness about the Arizona job that they peddled about Memphis. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of that.

I love namedroppers.

Oh, trust me I'm laughing. I really enjoy seeing someone make something up not realizing that there are those out there who can actually call him on it.

I have a theory that he wanted to be w/in the Tennessee circle but got laughed at so now he does his talking on here.
That's a brilliant theory. Totally inaccurate, but brilliant. I like the idea of somene accusing me of making things up while defending a guy who parlayed an offer from Memphis that only existed in his head into a raise.

I really enjoy seeing someone gullible and stupid enough to believe anything that comes out of Bruce Pearl's mouth.

I love namedroppers.
I was simply "calling you on it," as you say.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I disagree with Hat on the Pearl subject, he has owned up to being wrong before. I don't think he is trying to "save himself" on this one, the man just believes we would be better in another direction. Now, does that mean he is wrong or right? No, it's all opinionated and left up for discussion. I'm glad we have guys like Hat who know what they are talking about and see both sides, even though not many like to agree with him too often.

Go Pearl. Go Verdell. Go Vols.

I really enjoy seeing someone gullible and stupid enough to believe anything that comes out of Bruce Pearl's mouth.

I'm getting way too much enjoyment out of the fact that you've been exposed. You know it, I know it. If you do know what really happened (which obviously you dont) you'll know it won't be posted here so you don't have to worry about your message board "street cred" but I'm happy enough knowing that you know you've been ousted to me at least.

Say Hi to Lon for me.

VN Store

Back