Proof the CFP is about the "best" teams not the "most deserving"

How does bama deserve to go over Fsu ? Win and you’re in. It ain’t complicated. Don’t lose an early season game at home. Again it’s simple.
Lol..if you don't know why Alabama is better than fsu, then you don't know enough about college football for me to waste time explaining it.

Lol..if you don't know why Alabama is better than fsu, then you don't know enough about college football for me to waste time explaining it.
And your opinion isn’t subjective at all am I right ?? How bout we talk about the way Bama dominated Auburn in the final game of the season. They really wow’ed as far as that subjective eye test didn’t they ? Totally dominant.

Oh wait I forgot. They needed not one but TWO gifts from Auburn in the last 2 mins to luckily back into a win. The bias is real. The double standard is real.

And that same Auburn got boat raced by mighty Maryland today. Really proving that Bama’s strength of schedule is legit !

And MICH deserves to be in over FSU because of their amazing schedule am I right ? Because MICH’s schedule was so much stronger than FSU’s right ? Hahaha

And MICH didn’t just squeak in. They are the NUMBER 1 team in all of college football after playing an easier schedule than FSU.

Oh because they’re undefeated ? So winning matters until it doesn’t.

Wait so the #1 seed played a hot garbage big 10 schedule and nobody bats an eye. Haha.

But FSU is clearly this terrible team that doesn’t deserve to sniff the top 4. Got it.
What is FSU’s best win outside of a Labor Day Weekend win over LSU?

Opinions shouldn't matter. The fact is, FSU won all their games with the players they had. Alabama and Texas did not. FSU got robbed and they didn't really care about this game. There were over 20 opt outs IIRC.

I’ve said so many times - if bama and TX are undefeated right now I have zero problem with FSU getting snubbed.

Win and you’re in. The beauty of CFB. not any more.

And your opinion isn’t subjective at all am I right ?? How bout we talk about the way Bama dominated Auburn in the final game of the season. They really wow’ed as far as that subjective eye test didn’t they ? Totally dominant.

Oh wait I forgot. They needed not one but TWO gifts from Auburn in the last 2 mins to luckily back into a win. The bias is real. The double standard is real.
Yes I am being objective. I dislike bama as much as anyone, but I am also am willing to recognize what they have accomplished over the course of this season. You, on the other hand are trying to make the case that a team that just got curb stomped 63-3 deserved to be in the the cfp.

What is FSU’s best win outside of a Labor Day Weekend win over LSU?
Bama was two 4th quarter gifts away from losing against a lowly auburn team, the last game of the season. But yet they benefit from the “recency” bias. Fair ??

9 opt outs and 16 transfers. Maybe we can make an argument for a $hitty culture instead of being the victim .

I knew it was true and called it before it happened. FSU was never going to be in the CFP

Georgia stomping FSU into a mud hole is proof they never belonged in the CFP. People saying "an undefeated P5 team MUST go is total BS in a world where there's only 2 'real' P5 football conferences.

The reality is the CFP should have taken both Bama and Georgia.

Like Ricky Bobby said if you're not in the SEC, your LAST.
Maybe the AFC North should get an extra bid and the NFC South should be left out of the playoffs.

Bama was two 4th quarter gifts away from losing against a lowly auburn team, the last game of the season. But yet they benefit from the “recency” bias. Fair ??
That’s not what I asked. In your opinion What is FSU’s best win outside of LSU on Labor Day weekend?

You do realize FSU has one starter playing on defense tonight right? And defense was their bread and butter. And the original starting qb transferred so they are playing with a third stringer. I loathe FSU but thinking they didn’t deserve to be in the playoff is a terrible take. Money and popularity have become the focus and Division one football will continue to become more and more corrupt.
So what you are saying is they don’t have the depth to compete with the big boys? Very big of you to put that out there without all out crapping on them.

I knew it was true and called it before it happened. FSU was never going to be in the CFP

Georgia stomping FSU into a mud hole is proof they never belonged in the CFP. People saying "an undefeated P5 team MUST go is total BS in a world where there's only 2 'real' P5 football conferences.

The reality is the CFP should have taken both Bama and Georgia.

Like Ricky Bobby said if you're not in the SEC, your LAST.
Nope. FSU deserves to be in. This game against UGA means nothing. An undefeated P5 champ deserves to get into the playoffs every time no questions. Using one game to to “prove” a team didn’t deserve to be there is dumb. TCU deserved ti be there last year. FSU deserved to be there this year.

There is zero integrity with the CFP committee. It’s all about viewership. Not what’s actually done on the field. College football is quickly spiraling down the drain.

Reactions: MT_Vol
I was unaware of just how much attrition FSU's roster sustained since the end of the regular season. I would not have blamed Norville if he had thanked his remaining players for their loyalty and informed them, "Gentlemen, I will take the heat for this, but I will not lead you into a college football equivalent of the Little Bighorn. Courtesy of your former teammates, we will forfeit this game, rather than subject an outmanned roster to outright slaughter."

Consider the following facts:

The Seminoles "were without more than two dozen players because of opt-outs and transfers, including five starters in their defensive front seven, their top two running backs and top three receivers. [Consequently, they] were without players who were responsible for 97% of their passing yards, 88% of their rushing yards and 84% of their receptions this season." UGA crushes bowl record in 60-point rout of FSU

Would anyone like to take a wager on how long it will be before highly rated, draft-eligible players decide, at the last moment, to opt out of a national championship game to "begin preparations for the draft?"

I’ll help you answer . It could’ve been Louisville, who has lost its last 3, including at home to Kentucky. Might’ve been Duke, who was playing w/ a banged up Riley Leonard. Maybe the win at Clemson in Overtime, Or maybe it was the huge 2 point win at Boston College. Real murderers row they played in the ACC.
IMG_2976.jpeg
Edit: uva was not on the schedule

That’s not what I asked. In your opinion What is FSU’s best win outside of LSU on Labor Day weekend?
LOU and @CLEM were both solid wins. World beaters? Obv not. I never said they played a juggernaut of a schedule — but they ran the table in a P5 conference.

Clearly you’re implying the weakness of FSU’s schedule. But The only reason MICH’s SOS is significantly higher is because of the overrated B1G media bias, which happens every year.

So I’ll ask you — other than highly overrated PSU (exposed today by ole piss) and OSU, what is MICH’s best win ?

I think the biggest issue everyone has is if they weren’t going to put FSU into the CFP then why have them ranked 4th going into championship weekend? Why not have them 5th or 6th if you already know you are putting in other teams ahead of them? You can’t tell me a Texas win over a mediocre Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship was the big difference so go ahead and rank them accordingly. And for them to drop Georgia 1 to 6 after a 3 point loss to Alabama on a neutral field was pretty absurd. The committee brought all the controversy on themselves by having FSU ranked 4th going into the last weekend and also going against how they ranked the top teams all year. I know spots are limited and you can make a case for multiple teams but the committee mishandled everything about it. If you have FSU pegged where you think they should be going into the final weekend then there really isn’t much controversy.
They've made of mess of it too often. Listening to their justifications is just as head scratching.

I’ll help you answer . It could’ve been Louisville, who has lost its last 3, including at home to Kentucky. Might’ve been Duke, who was playing w/ a banged up Riley Leonard. Maybe the win at Clemson in Overtime, Or maybe it was the huge 2 point win at Boston College. Real murderers row they played in the ACC.
View attachment 606060
Edit: uva was not on the schedule
Can you show me that MICH schedule ?

Both being undefeated, there’s no way you can prove that MICH’s schedule proves they deserve to the #1 team in the land while FSU gets left out.

Can you show me that MICH schedule ?

Both being undefeated, there’s no way you can prove that MICH’s schedule proves they deserve to the #1 team in the land while FSU gets left out.
@RDU VOL#14 I’ll save you trouble. Here you go. I’m literally LOL’ing.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.jpeg
    IMG_2269.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 4
LOU and @CLEM were both solid wins. World beaters? Obv not. I never said they played a juggernaut of a schedule — but they ran the table in a P5 conference.

Clearly you’re implying the weakness of FSU’s schedule. But The only reason MICH’s SOS is significantly higher is because of the overrated B1G media bias, which happens every year.

So I’ll ask you — other than highly overrated PSU (exposed today by ole piss) and OSU, what is MICH’s best win ?
I never said anything about Michigan, but probably Maryland. I agree that their OOC schedule is a joke and the B1G is pretty weak this season. I think they get Texas next year though. I don’t think LSU is on Ohio State’s level this year when OSU didn’t have opt outs, but I think Penn State is slow and has a below average offense. The ACC didn’t do FSU any favors and neither Florida . Yes FSU went 2-0 vs the SEC w/ 2 teams that combined for 10 losses. Bama went 9-0 vs the SEC.

I never said anything about Michigan, but probably Maryland. I agree that their OOC schedule is a joke and the B1G is pretty weak this season. I think they get Texas next year though. I don’t think LSU is on Ohio State’s level this year when OSU didn’t have opt outs, but I think Penn State is slow and has a below average offense. The ACC didn’t do FSU any favors and neither Florida . Yes FSU went 2-0 vs the SEC w/ 2 teams that combined for 10 losses. Bama went 9-0 vs the SEC.
Fair enough but I still go back to the reality that BAMA and TX have no excuses. Cut the crap and win football games. You had ONE job. Like Al Davis, just win baby. It ain’t complicated.

FSU won all the games they played and deserved at least a chance to play for it all- even as the lowest CFP seed.

Like I said before , if there are 4 other undefeated P5 teams, I have ZERO problem with FSU being left out.

OR if they had slipped up and lost a game. I have ZERO problems with them getting snubbed and passed over by other teams from stronger conferences.

Winning doesn’t matter. If it did FSU would have a spot.

How do you explain the fact that bama got beat by a TX team who got beat by ok who got trucked by AZ in their bowl game ? I seriously want to hear this take.
Transitive wins don’t really work. UGA beat Auburn, Ole Miss, and UT by more than Bama did. But Bama still won head to head. Games are always predictive like that.

VN Store

Back